Movies and tv shows that will give me this feel?

Movies and tv shows that will give me this feel?

like real pure heartbreak

manchester by the sea

Blue Valentine

MST3K reboot

>THANKS TRUMP

batman the dark knight rises

Also need some recs, bump

500 Days of Summer.

/thread

Lee once lived happily in Manchester by the sea with his ex-wife Randi and their three small children, until (while under the influence of alcohol and cocaine) he accidentally started a fire that killed his children. No criminal charges were filed against him; however, after being questioned at the police station, Lee pulled a gun from a police officer's holster and attempted suicide.
No criminal charges were filed against him
No criminal charges
were filed

Privileged level at maximum. If Dindu did this, he'd die.

Dindu is never around to kill his kids.

literally a movie for 16 year olds who have never been in a relationship

The Before trilogy
Margaret/You Can Count on Me
In the Family
Miami Vice
The New World

the place beyond the pines

Lee was the Dindu

White Privilege coupled with institutionalized racism

Netflix MST3k

>Miami Vice
Explain.

Admittedly it's been a while since I've seen it but I don't remember it being too heartbreaking. Maybe because I was a stupid 17-year old when it came out.

The Mist
I Stand Alone

>The Mist
this

>They are turning The Mist into a Sup Forums show

Tell me which criminal act has he done?
I mean Lee agrees with you he wanted to get punished with jail but he didn’t commit any criminal act, it's just an ordinary household mistake that happened to end quite tragic.

Brimstone

Her
Kiki's delivery service

Not exactly the same feels, but pic related is one of the better films made on depression.

oooh nooo

And it looks fucking awful

Elephant Man
Mulholland Dr
>The Before trilogy
fuck I need to watch these
>The New World
strange, I found I beautiful but not heart breaking

getting high and starting a wood fire in a house then walking out of the house for several hours sounds like criminal negligence.

though why people stop others from committing suicide has always been a bit of a mystery to me.

Not to mention he grabbed a cops gun in a police station. Highly illegal. Many such cases.

Sad.

This

Daredevil season 2. It's that fucking boring

>getting high and starting a wood fire in a house then walking out of the house for several hours sounds like criminal negligence.
The only part he could get fined for is the use of drugs in his house, which would be just a small fine to pay.
Also there's negligence and there's criminal negligence.
Criminal negligence is for example leaving your child in a locked car with the windows down in high heat. Lee didn’t "start the fire", he just didn’t put the fire screen on. It's not direct voluntary negligence which causes harm, it's just an ordinary mistake like forgetting to lock your doors.

>though why people stop others from committing suicide has always been a bit of a mystery to me
A person is grabbing a gun from an officer, you don’t know what will he do at the moment., maybe he wants to shoot an officer so he can actually go to jail.
And you have to remember it's america

with the windows up* sorry

I would recommend you give it a rewatch. I think it's Mann's best movie and most personal in terms of its emotional impact. It's a difficult film to get into in his career because it's so much different from most of the other movies he's made. It's far more like a Malick movie in its style. Anyway the relationship between Farrell and Gong Li is devastating. The movie's brooding melancholy is also very affecting especially as the movie ultimately ends up suggesting that there is no escape from the lives we lead, there is no salvation out there despite it teasing us with its possibilities. The final sequence of Farrell and Gong Li embracing while she quietly cries on the patio steps is one of the saddest moments in all of film.

>walking out of the house for several hours
I'm pretty sure he said it's just a fifteen minute walk both ways.

>And you have to remember it's america
Considering the anal attitude most non-American nations take with regards to firearms, your should literally state the exact opposite.

Martyrs

guess that was just movie time compression fucking with me.

you leave an infant in a car for 15 minutes they'll fucking hang you.

That ending fucking blows. The moral of the story; leave your friend alone for one afternoon to pursue your own interests and they'll die.

Why do people like this binge of self-pity of a film?

movie?

Dear.Zachary.A.Letter.to.a.Son.About.His.Father

Léon

My nigga

Whoever did the soundtrack for this movie needs to be gassed. Took me out of every scene

Spartacus show

Where is this from?

>it wasn't me
>destroying the car
the feels man

That's not what a moral is you daft bastard

jhjh

>6.0
yeah no thanks

>imdb
even if you're joking, this posting isn't welcome here

95k people rated the movie. I'd rather listening to them than you.

why? what gives 95k plebs credibility? You're literally arguing ad populum.

in real life the masses are stupid and wrong and the passionate few are correct. if you don't believe that, how did you end up on Sup Forums?

>super heros
>feelings
dude, when he used his giant claws to kill the bad guys.... like whoa man....

>the passionate few are correct
Yeah, hate to break it to you, but this is a fallacy too.

have you seen the movie? it was well done and had minimal capeshit

>A person is grabbing a gun from an officer, you don’t know what will he do

affleck had the gun to his head before the cop shouted "GUN!!"

yea, hes got you there. The people who bother to quantify their statements with logic and reason are typically the people who are correct. The people who are passionate tend to say things like "blacks are the cause of all crime in the US"

all memes aside, is it a good movie? I'd love some farrellkino.

never let me go

I would never understand why tv jerk off this Manchester by the REE

Pedophilia is OK as long as its an female teacher.

only good scene of the whole movie

it was a fucking depressing experience with no real pay off at the end

>b-but its supposed to be a real story about real people

fuck that, if its not a documentary i want some drama and plots in my movies

FUCKING THIS

The Wire.

Honestly closest one is the Broken Circle Breakdown. Its absolutely stunning belgian film, acting and story is superb and it really reminds you that you are not a robot.

>The people who bother to quantify their statements with logic and reason
>it has a 6.0 on IMDB

DA probably didn't wanna prosecute.

>The Mist
All i remember of that shitty film is laughing at the ending of it

Am I the only one that watches depressioncore to feel less depressed? I don't know how it works for me but it does.

>autism

synecdoche newyork

No, I watch depressing movies to further understand my own depression and use films as an example and reference point for people suffering from depression.

The latest Von Trier movies are great for this.

I just hope some depressing movie will make me eventually cry
Haven't cried for probably 10 years, this can't be healthy, the most I get is tearing up that gets cleared up by blinking