FARGO: GET READY TO GET HYPED

Fargo hype thread. It's happening tonight, motherfuckers!! Already a 93% from critics on RottenTomatoes based on the first two episodes rottentomatoes.com/tv/fargo/s03/

Predictions?
>obviously Ray is going to hire Scoot McNairy's character to steal the prized stamp off of Emmit
>it's going to go wrong and Scoot will get killed by Ray or based MEW to cover it up
>the first murder will probably be Emmit's wife who'll catch Scoot's character in the act of stealing the stamp
>Carrie Coon's policewoman character hears the gunshot while driving past and is the first to investigate
>David Thewlis will somehow continue to do the worst British accent ever despite actually being British himself

THE HAWLEY TRAIN NEVER STOPS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RQUmWDq9O98
youtube.com/watch?v=MlA70ejuXV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hawley sucks. I hope he finally chokes on his own dick.

I've never watched Fargo. Give me 1-10 reasons on why i should do it my friend

who cares fug off

>Watching Carrie Coon in shit, when you could be watching her in The Leftovers

kys

First season is fun but I get why a few people didn't like it. Second season is pure kino and I don't get why so many people disliked it.

1. Movie-tier production value, sense of scale, photography etc.
2. Some of the best performances on television in recent years- watch out especially for Billy Bob Thornton and Keith Carradine in Season 1 and Patrick Wilson and Nick Offerman in Season 2
3. Suspense like you wouldn't believe, think classic Hitchcock
4. Inventive casting; who'd have thought Martin Freeman would give one of his best performances as a genuinely nasty piece of work?
5. Absolute god-tier soundtrack in Season 2 that will be a hallmark of use of music in television for years, I'd link some examples for some of these but I don't want to spoil any major sequences- but the S2 soundtrack features Black Sabbath, Bobby Womack, obscure 70s Japanese punk and African tribal recordings, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Devo, Count Basie And His Orchestra, Blitzen Trapper etc. etc.
6. Each season has a solid thematic undercurrent that the plot and characterisation is based around and 'makes sense' in relation to- something that should be a default as it is a basic mark of good writing, but is sadly lacking in a lot of modern 'event' television; Noah Hawley knows how to construct a story and respect it
7. THICC Kirsten Dunst in Season 2. That is all.
8. As much as you try to predict what will happen next, the writers still know how to pull the rug out from under you without it feeling cheap or unsatisfying.
9. Very /comfy/ in places, especially Season 2.
10. Smart use of callbacks to previous seasons and the original movie without it being a gimmick or making the series beholden to such referencing the way the MCU descended into a mess of callbacks and callforwards to try and keep it all interlinked.

this about sums it up. It felt like season 2 had a much bigger budget than season 1, so point 1 is really valid for season 2. It had some amazing cinematography. Also the split screens very really inventive.

here's a clip from season 1
youtube.com/watch?v=RQUmWDq9O98

and a clip from season 2
youtube.com/watch?v=MlA70ejuXV4

both from the first couple of episodes of the season in each case and things only get better from there.

aight thanks famalamas, you convinced me to watch it

theres a scene with a fucking UFO, how cool is that!

this actually looks garbage.

Hanzee and his trigger discipline

Is there no Lost general for you to go back to you fucking pleb

How are there people in this board who have not seen Fargo? What have you been watching the past couple years instead? Under the Dome?

Shit forgot about this meant to rewatch s2 before it came on tonight, oh well.

>hating on thewlis
>hating on that accent

How about you fuck off and die

I'm hyped, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it.

This'll be the first time I've watched a show on a weekly basis in years.

ya dont say?

I feel like watching a Coen Brothers movie today? Should I watch
Barton Fink
Burn After Reading
O Brother, Where Art Thou

I don't get it. I genuinely think it's the best show on TV right now.

it's literally a meme series, taylor made for plebby redditers

o brother

Is it actually good or just a meme?

You can use a series that is essentially Noah Hawley sucking his own dick as a spring board to suck your own dick for watching it.

yes its good

get redy fur mouar aliuns yall!! xD

Fuck off

I'm positive she's good in both you autist.

>Smart use of callbacks to previous seasons

Except for that one at the end of season 2. You know the one.

I didn't really get into it. Nor did I get into Raising Arizona for that matter. For some reason I just don't get Coenn bros comedies, even though I thought No Country is one of the best movies ever made. If you like their comedies you will probably like it.

>fargo starts today
Finally some good news

See