Matt Jamison is best character Edition

Matt Jamison is best character Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAgv-XQ_s&lc=z12ngvoakpfuf5l2g23wwvsqlviasf2yp04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who?

*most annoying character

The Leftovers is the best TV show since the sopranos

It's not about the mysteries! Pay no attention to the episode ending flash-forward designed to artificially create suspense and hook the viewer! It's about the character development! They never pulled this shit on Lost! This show is way deeper!

better than Sopranos

his american accent is absolutely terrible

Yeah it's quite distracting how much effort he puts into pronouncing all the words so carefully. He gets the syllables right but it's very practiced and careful.

Also who walks into a parking lot with $120,000 in cash without being careful, I don't care where you're from.

it's so obvious every time he speaks that he's trying his hardest to hide his accent. extremely distracting. i don't know what the hell accent he's going for, he sounds like half new yorker and half minnesotan. very weird.

This show is awful. I watched Season 1 and it was utter dogshit. Bad acting, bad story, no suspense, no drama. Literally a soap opera with some stupid fucking cunts floating off into thin air. 0/10 TRASH

SHITE!

I agree

After slogging through that shitfest of S2, the S3 premiere gives me hope this season will be better.

WE HAVE TO GO BACK KATE

scoff

He really is a great character.
Hard not to like the fucker.

Matt's definitely top 3 but I just can't get enough of Kevin. Love the guy.

not gonna lie season 2 is getting a bit black for me

I simply dropped it as soon as I saw africans being forced

What the hell was this guy's problem?

Whats this look called again?

"i'm incapable of feeling emotions"

based

Back to watch the shit that are netflix shows

yea i find the way he talks quite bad. I thought there might just be some american accent that sounds that weird.

what was he trying to prove with the leaflets about the departed? that they were all sinners? what about the babys that departed?

Better than Lost

That they weren't selected for Heaven by God, therefore surviving wasn't necessarily a damnation

this is how i imagine i look but then when i see myself in the mirror it all comes crashing down

He was trying to convince people it wasn't the rapture since a lot of the people snatched up were murderers, rapists, and frog posters.

What did Laurie mean by this

His new gf is a massive upgrade so why should he give a fuck what his crazy ex is up to?

Man this first episode was so fucking comfy

So what is up with the flashforward, seems like a nice swerve to get us thinking Kevin dies. Could it be possible Matt being the idiot he is sometimes publishes the book of Kevin and the government goes after Kevin and Nora was just protecting him? Or is it just what it seems and Kevin is either departed or dead?

IT'S NOT A FLASH FORWARD

What is it then, nerd?

idk maybe a double ganger that lives in another place (Australia maybe)
or even a twin
doing a flash forward seems a bit lazy for them

i may be wrong idk but that's how i saw it

oh yea of course. ty

I was just watching Season 2, cause I have it on my PC, and I just noticed how they mention Jesus here and there when talking to Kevin. Patti literally goes "I mean, Jesus-" when saying how Kevin wanted to kill himself and then the security guy at President Patti's place tells him to "make like Jesus" to search for weapons. I know, these are literally every day things but it just stuck out to me.

The next ones will be an emotional battle.

>double ganger

What are the odds that Matt wrote the Book of Kevin in KJV style with a bunch of "shalt" and "thou" etc?

Yeah, I hadn't realised how much watching TV has felt like a chore until I saw the new episode and I was beaming the whole time. Love to spend time with my troubled TV family.

Who was the woman with the pigeons?

FUTURE NORA

FUTURE SARA

The BLACKEDovers

top kek this scene was so ridiculous

I think that Dean killed Tom, but he went to the hotel as well, and came back just in time to shoot Dean.

Fuuuuck, that'd be really cool actually. Grandpa Garvey did it, Kevin did it, and now Tommy has to do it. Even though he's technically not related to Kevin. But Tom hasn't shown to be like that. He seems like the normal character that just does whatever he thinks he should.

I fucking hate dogs.

chink || jihadist confirmed

>needing everything explained to them

This is why you'll always be a fucking infant.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAgv-XQ_s&lc=z12ngvoakpfuf5l2g23wwvsqlviasf2yp04

The ending leaked.

Im trying to stop myself from watching s3
need to wait for all of it to come out and binge it
no other way to watch this show desu I cant wait a week per episode reeeeee

I disagree. Especially the first season. Although they've diversified their music a bit, in the first season when you're binging you really notice 'que same emotional song' every 10 minutes and it's a bit jarring

I marathoned this the past two days and I was debating dropping it but I guess this is the final season so I'll probably hang in for 7 more episodes. It's not a bad show, it's not a great show either.

WHEEERE IS MY MIND

You faggots do realize the people in the show are the actual departed ones right?

>need to wait for all of it to come out and binge it
>no other way to watch this show desu I cant wait a week per episode reeeeee

The Leftovers is one of the few shows left that is actually suited for week to week viewing, because Lindelof actually remembers the importance of the episode when it comes to storytelling. Each episode of The Leftovers still functions as its own little story, most shows today feel like they have a season worth of plot that they just cut up into an arbitrary number of chunks.

that was actually my favorite part of season 1. I love the departure and think its really underused.

Dr. Pavel, I'm G.R.

How far are you? If you're caught up and still feel this way there's literally no point in continuing to watch.

Yeah they music has been bothering me. Not enough variety, plus they have used a couple of songs that were just recently used as anchors in other popular shows.

That second season opening credits song is fucking awful, the worst kind of fake folksy country bullshit.

But the second season opening is fantastic in every way.

What do you guys think the "right" thing is for Kevin to do? Do you think he should keep the book since it would potentially inspire people? Or is that vain and selfish, should he have burnt it and continued to lead by example.

I think the shot from the flames showed that his hesitance to burn the book was a mistake. He was being temped by evil/hell whatever.
I think we are going to see Kevin get overwhelmed by having to be a leader and run away from it all in the end. His arc will follow how people create and pervert religion. Just like how Jesus and Moses were just dudes trying to help people, they didnt WANT to be written about or praised or looked at like gods, but people cant help themsleves and ultimately pervert it (as seen in how John was perverting the other guy's palm reading practice, or how Matt was already utilizing his "miracle" to gain more followers).

He was right not to burn it yet. He can't deny hes come back from the fucking dead multiple times. But I don't think it has anything to do with Jarden, like Matt believes

as far as music, i think what bothers me most isn't the emotional piano stuff they have at least once every couple episodes, it's the fact that where is my mind plays without fail all the fucking time

Punished "Kevin" Garvey

oh shit I was trying to figure out how I knew that guy

>Jesus admits to being the son of God in the face of punishment by crucifixion
>just a guy doing nice things and didn't want recognition

How soon until we see "the other place" again, you reckon?

>Preview for the rest of the season showed up at the end of first episode filled with spoilers
>Guy holding a launcher or something
>Crazy dog shooter guy mentioned paws holding that
>They won't explain how he knew that, as always
every fucking time

Kevin was shown making a trip there just in the last episode. So probably sooner than later

paws holding a launcher? what do you mean? did he say that at the police station or what

This show gets more LOST with every season, I loved LOST though so that suits me fine.

>implying he knew anything
>implying he's not just a crazy asshole that kills stray dogs

Well at least this one will wrap up soon so it won't have to make up a bunch of extra filler for two seasons.

>ignores the fact that missing dogs have come back after the departure
>ignores that the returned dogs are feral until kevin managed to tame one

He might be crazy, but he was onto something

I wonder if Kevin ever got his dollar...

I wonder if Matt's theory about Kevin only being immortal in Miracle is true. The trailer for this season showed Kevin with his father seemingly about to cross over in Australia. It's probably like in LOST where there are certain places on Earth where the boundary is permeable.

Season 5 with all the time travel ruled though.

Do you just not pay attention to the series? they will absolutely not explain how the crazy guy knew about this. It's easy to write cool LOST-like plots when you don't have to explain shit

There might be certain locations that hold some spiritual significance or something. But Kevin first started seeing dead Patti in the other town, which shows he has some powers like his dad that aren't situated in one place.

I mean that was when he was going to be killed, up until that point though...

I feel the complete opposite desu. He sounds like the typical reverend/pastor. I cringe at most European actors doing American accents too.

im willing to bet the dogs are now agents of whatever the evil side of this whole conflict is. The side Patti and Wayne are on.

What fucking show are you watching? The show is not about good vs evil at all.

I never felt Patti was evil 2bh. Especially by the end of international assassin. I felt like she was just a lost soul, clinging to kevin because she couldn't move on by how shit her life was. There's definitely malevolent forces at work, but to me it seemed like Patti and even Holy Wayne, although doing bad things, legitimately thought they were making things better for people. When Wayne was dying, he considered that he might be a fraud, but he still deep down believed he had some power to help people.

But they aren't even played for "muh diversity, muh le cool black family"
Why were you pissed?

Yeah, it's mainly about living in a world with a distant and inscrutable God.

One thing that always stood out to me as weird, the governments involvement in hardline tactics. They went to Holy Wayne's commune and literally executed everyone they could find. They sent a missile into GR's barricaded building and killed everyone within rather than doing anything like questioning, etc. Is it just classic dystopian totalitarian strong arming?

>Nora is the only part of the new episode that's not completely depressing
>that ending
fugg

Cults popped up a lot after the departure and they are probably more than happy to get rid of them.

Nora was the most depressing part what are you on about? She lost Lily and is clearly still a little fucked up in the head hence why Kevin kept looking at her when she was with Matt's kid.

>mfw everyone, even Kevin's ugly exwife looks more attractive in season 3

How'd they do it

I really like this element of the show. My favorite moment was in season 1 where the fed guy just offers point blank to send a unit into the town and wax the entire Guilty Remnant no questions asked. And it turned out he wasn't wrong.

Anyone else think that phonecall Nora got in the trailer about seeing her family again could be a fake out and they are actually talking about Kevin, Jill etc???