Wiseau, confused about the differences between 35 mm film and high-definition video...

>Wiseau, confused about the differences between 35 mm film and high-definition video, decided to shoot the entire film in both formats simultaneously, using a custom-built apparatus that housed both cameras side-by-side and required two crews to operate. Explaining his decision to shoot the film in this way, Wiseau said that he wanted to be able to say that he was the first director to film an entire movie simultaneously in two formats

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec
youtube.com/watch?v=ocUI08Xe9RQ
youtu.be/yJDWqA32Z88
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyway, how's your sex life OP?

absolute madman

Honestly, that footage could be really useful for people who want to recreate the film look with digital effects.

What a story!

you can say that again

He's an unawakened mastermind, you should know this

Lol

>Tommy seems to have a rather warped view about how to make a movie. When asked why he was green-screening the San Francisco skyline while being able to film on an actual rooftop IN San Francisco, he replied "This no Mickey Mouse production. I want to be professional."

>instead of renting all the equipment needed for the film, Wiseau purchased it all
>bank teller says his account is a "bottemless pit"
How fucking rich is he?

youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec
Sestero all but says he had some sort of connection to organized crime

I also remember reading that Greg suspected him of that but at the same time thinks he would be incapable of keeping something like that secret.
I kind of agree with that

He was only following George Lucas use of CGI in the prequels.

Or maybe it was the other way around?

>Greg Sestero had to go to another city to do something.
>Got a call from Wiseau.
>He never told Wiseau in which hotel he was staying in.

tommy is quite the autist so i can imagine him calling every hotel in the area until he found greg

He's such a genius he probably found it on his very first try

>I am America.

What did he meant by this?

Alright guys he's fucking nuts

Seriously, where the hell does he get his money from?

Isn't he real estate mogul or something. IIRC he acquired legit financing for the movie but how he convinced investors is beyond me

>Eraserhead Budget: 10 grand (300,000 adjusted for inflation)
>The Room Budget: 6 million

FUCKING HOW

Because its kino.

How got into a t-shirt scheme with Koreans.

That's part of the reason.

Is The Room Tommy Wiseau's Inland Empire?

So which did he use? And what happened to the other footage?

What did he mean by this?

I doubt even Tommy knows these things.

He went with film, we've never seen the digital footage

Tommy Wiseau claims to have financed the film by importing and selling leather jackets from Korea. He refuses to further elaborate on this. But according to Greg Sestero's book "The Disaster Artist", he said Tommy financed the film from working in real estate and entrepreneurship.

>after meeting wiseau, greg's mother literally felt the need to warn tommy not to fuck her son

So if all of this is true, he invested 6 million of his own money into making the film? Holy shit

Truly litkino.

>When Tommy Wiseau auditioned for the role as Johnny he only had $11. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing he bought was a hot dinner.

god fucking damn Sup Forums

...did this air on TV? Like this?

we all do

>When Tommy Wiseau auditioned for the role as Johnny he only had $6,000,000. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing he bought was a hot glass of water.

What happens when you overlay an image from digital on an image from print?

>I heard a story that even though wiseau was loaded, he always bought the cheapest food and stayed in a super small appartment.

Once, a bunch of sluts recognized him somewhere and tried to """seduce""" him, and he told them that if he wanted to fuck whores he'd just go to whore street.

>Greg Sestero stated in his book The Disaster Artist that Tommy Wiseau took 32 takes to say the lines "It's not true! I did not hit her! It's bullshit! I did not. Oh, hi, Mark!" Wiseau sometimes needed cue cards to help him with his lines.

>According to Juliette Danielle, when Tommy Wiseau said the line "In a few minutes, bitch," everyone on the set began laughing at him. Wiseau came out of the bathroom and demanded to know what was so funny.

>The phrase "Oh, hi" is spoken nine times, and "Oh, hey" seven times.

>Mark (Greg Sestero) is named after Matt Damon. According to Sestero, Tommy Wiseau misheard the actor's name despite his obsession with the actor.

>According to Greg Sestero's book, Tommy Wiseau insisted on having his bare bottom filmed. "I have to show my ass or this movie won't sell" was Wiseau's reasoning.

>The reason why Peter was acting kinda dazed and touching things a lot in one scene was because his actor had suffered a concussion and Tommy Wiseau wouldn't let him leave for treatment of it.

>The phrases "future wife" and "future husband" are spoken three times and once, respectively, but neither "fiancée" nor "fiancé" are said.

>Tommy Wiseau esoterically addressed several fan questions in a special Q&A feature filmed for the DVD release. Among these are "Why is it called 'The Room'?" (to which Wiseau replies that the title is meant to evoke a safe place for viewers) and "Why is everyone playing football in tuxedos and standing only three feet apart?" (which Wiseau doesn't answer except to say that football is fun and that playing it without protective gear is a challenge)

>Much of the furniture and decor for the living room set was a complete display room taken from the window of a thrift shop. The glass-top television table supported by white pillars belonged to Tommy Wiseau. When the cinematographer complained that the set was too sparsely furnished, Wiseau sent the art department out to buy new items. They returned with framed pictures of plastic spoons, which Wiseau, impatient to continue filming, ordered hung up. Plastic spoons have become a staple of midnight screenings of the film, often being thrown at the screen upon the occurrence of a spoon shot. There are thirty-four spoon shots.

>According to Tommy Wiseau, Denny has some sort of mental disorder, which explains his behaviour in the film. Philip Haldiman was not told about this.

i read the book, it was awesome, and the movie sounds like it will truly be amazing.

WHERES THE FUCKING TRAILER

>according to..
so at least 70% of that stuff is bs

alpha as fuck

Tommy Wiseau is BD Cooper. Its the only explanation. Nobody is sure of his age or where he's from, or why he has the money that he does.

It's rather obvious Wiseau was just born rich, he shows all the symptoms:

>has unexplained endless money
>weirdo who can't relate to humans
>"ambition" aka thinks he can do anything even though he has no skills

100% trust fund babby in his 50s, never grew up, just kept living off parents' money. Other explanations are bullshit. There's no way a guy as deranged as him could MAKE money doing anything, least of all real estate where people have to take you seriously and trust what you're saying about the expensive things you're selling.

>insert Trump reference here

Dunno. It was a (succesful) plot to get into the actors' union.

All geniuses are weird

Why can't he be involved with moving drugs? He doesn't have to be doing anything intelligent regarding that - they could simply go, "hey, you're really good at keeping a low profile, wanna help us move some money/stuff around? You'll get $X out of it". It could even be something as passive as his letting drug-pushers use his house to store stuff.

Pretty sure he said (or maybe in the book) that he worked in some kitchens in Europe somewhere.

I think France. Apparently had humble beginnings, but he might have just lied to Greg about it. His accent is weird as fuck though.

Sounds like retard/french-canadian to me but idk.

Are you fucking retarded?

After reading the disaster artist, I am pretty sure he actually got his fortune without having connections to organized crime. Remember how Greg writes about Tommy phoning an older lady regularly? I think when he came to America some old woman fell in love with him.
He never had anybody truely supporting him but her, so he gave himself up for her. She probably left all her money to him when she died. She is even credited as one of the executive producers. Her name is Chloe Lietzke and she was in a wheel chair, when the Room was filmed.

That theory is disturbing, depressing, or heartbreaking. I'm not sure which.

except that in the disaster artist you hear about Tommy being a dish washer in his adoloscence. Sleeping with 4 people in the same bed during his childhood. He clearly wasn't rich.

or he made that shit up because he's legitimately insane

I don't think so. Why would he lie about something like that? What would he gain?

Lower profile. Less suspect.

No, Greg had to go to a different *country*. He went to Romania or some other combloc hellhole and Tommy sent a kid with a telegram to his specific hotel room. Tommy had no idea which hotel Greg was in. Tommy had no idea which country Greg was in. Tommy had no idea Greg had even left the US. And he still, somehow, managed to get that telegram sent to exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

Tommy is some kind of special.

well self funding a movie and hoping for it to become the next citizen kane isn't real low profile

The Room 3D when?

Tommy isn't dumb. He locked down a whole shit ton of California real estate. He literally owned an entire retail outlet, hundreds of stores paying him monthly rent.

Yeah, it aired. But not in that form. The actual commercial snippets are parts of a greater whole; he wrote, directed, and acted in a commercial for his own brand to get his SAG card.

>He locked down a whole shit ton of California real estate
You don't need smarts to do that, you need money. So where did he get the money to acquire an entire retail outlet

>there are thirty four spoon shots

To anyone that hasn't gone to a midnight show, I thoroughly recommend it. Shit's lit. I saw it at The Regent in LA a year or so ago and I swear i've never laughed so hard in my entire life.

Tommy legitimately made the funniest film of all time.

He sold toys to tourists for years and was apparently incredibly successful. More than enough saved to buy a retail unit, which became two retail units, which became four, and so on until he owned the entire building.

So he is a retard with luck?

Tommy inspires me. It shows literally anyone become rich or make a movie.

What a story!

Yeah, luck and a dream. There's no reason to doubt his origin story. Just a dirt poor Eastern European with a fairly traumatic childhood that wanted to be successful and was willing to work hard as fuck to get there.

>tfw I used to have video of my friend making snow angels in the spoons after a showing where I now work.

That boy ain't right.

kek, that would be great if you still had it

He literally embodies the American Dream

While theoretically that could work, I find it hard to believe.. So if you suppose he saved up to buy and rent out a retail unit it would probably take tens of years to buy a new one on the rental income..

literally on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocUI08Xe9RQ

watch it!

I mean the disaster artist movie with james franco

Tell me about it.

if you do it right you get the star wars despecialized editions

I don'tget it, if he was confused, why did he decide to film in both?

To see what the difference between the two was

>Thank you for asking that.

Meme aside, how is your sex life?

Who is this? Can I get an explanation?

The absolute mad lad youtu.be/yJDWqA32Z88

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DISASTER ARTIST TRAILER FRANCO YOU FUCKING HACK

kek

He was probably less retarded before his car accident, but even so probably still as hard working. He just grinded for years

He plans on doing it again this year, some time in the summer.

Relaaaaaax my god ahaha!

Wroclaw in Poland, his accent is a bastardation of Polish, French and American english

Which is where the mob connections come in. We'll never know the truth because only one man knows and it's in his best interest to keep it secret.

Would you trust a retard with your illegal merchandise? Specially if it's worth millions?

Wiseau himself said he made his money from fashion and jacket franchising

Knowing the fashion industry it's probably the one place where a guy that eccentric fits in

I love this guy. He's unreal.

i need to read that book asap

Yeah, I want to see this, too.

It was Romania, that's where they filmed Retro Puppetmaster.