BREAKING: Fox Lets Go of Embattled O'Reilly

>The Murdochs have decided Bill O’Reilly’s 21-year run at Fox News will come to an end. According to sources briefed on the discussions, network executives are preparing to announce O’Reilly’s departure before he returns from an Italian vacation on April 24. Now the big questions are how the exit will look and who will replace him.

>Wednesday morning, according to sources, executives are holding emergency meetings to discuss how they can sever the relationship with the country’s highest-rated cable-news host without causing collateral damage to the network. The board of Fox News’ parent company, 21st Century Fox, is scheduled to meet on Thursday to discuss the matter.

>Sources briefed on the discussions say O’Reilly’s exit negotiations are moving quickly. Right now, a key issue on the table is whether he would be allowed to say good-bye to his audience, perhaps the most loyal in all of cable (O’Reilly’s ratings have ticked up during the sexual-harassment allegations). Fox executives are leaning against allowing him to have a sign-off, sources say. The other main issue on the table is money. O’Reilly recently signed a new multiyear contract worth more than $20 million per year. When Roger Ailes left Fox News last summer, the Murdochs paid out $40 million, the remainder of his contract.

>According to sources, Fox News wants the transition to be seamless. Executives are currently debating possible replacement hosts. Names that have been discussed include Eric Bolling, Dana Perino, and Tucker Carlson, who would move from his successful 9 p.m. slot and create a need for a new host at that time. One source said Sean Hannity is happy at 10 p.m. and would not want to move.

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-fox-news-has-decided-bill-oreilly-has-to-go.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yqofYC0NN-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The Murdochs’ decision to dump O’Reilly shocked many Fox News staffers I’ve spoken to in recent days. Late last week, the feeling inside the company was that Rupert Murdoch would prevail over his son James, who lobbied to jettison the embattled host. It’s still unclear exactly how the tide turned. According to one source, Lachlan Murdoch’s wife helped convince her husband that O’Reilly needed to go, which moved Lachlan into James’s corner. The source added that senior executives at other divisions within the Murdoch empire have complained that if O’Reilly’s allegations had happened to anyone else at their companies, that person would be gone already.

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-fox-news-has-decided-bill-oreilly-has-to-go.html

TRUMPED

JUST

Thanks, Obama.

one tuck to rule them all

Old cuckservative shill, who cares?

So who gets 8pm? I feel like the only two who could even swing it would be Tucker or Hannity, but that only changes the question to who gets 9pm or 10pm. Also what are the chances of Fox holding the number 1 in that slot with O'Reilly gone. I think a lot of his viewers don't just watch him because he's on Fox but because they actually like him.

F

What did he mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=yqofYC0NN-0

>did literally nothing wrong
>called names because you looked at someone or said they were hot or something
>get fired because some guy's wife doesn't like you

the pussy mafia can't keep getting away with it!

Tucker's done surprisingly well in his new slot, but you're right, this is a cataclysmic loss, no one in their roster, or in news has the appeal that O'Reilly did. Audiences will not simply accept someone like Bolling as his replacement.

F

>accuse men of sexual harassment without evidence
>everyone believes you, he loses his job, and is publicly disgraced
Modern day witch trials

>without evidence

8pm news mommy?

I think they'll probably move Tucker to his slot and give Tucker's slot to Dana Perino

>literally nothing wrong

I fucking hate women to! We should be able to do w/ them as we please, especially in the workplace. How else are we gonna get laid?

Also I think it's amazing how Megyn Kelly has dropped off the face of the Earth since leaving Fox

>well bill, the woman you were flirting with decided she didn't like you back so it's sexual harassment now

If true, this is really fucking dumb. Fox is going to regret this.

Exactly, this is like when Jon Stewart left Comedy Central. Whoever they choose as O'Reillys replacement will have an extremely hard time filling his shoes.

F

You may be right but Perino's terribly attractive, but lacks charisma and bluster, a bland pretty face. No Kelly.

>wahhh I can't handle eye contact or someone talking about me without having a panic attack and complaining to HR

pussy

you know like half of marriages start at work, right

Fucking liberal bitches.

She has a non-compete and will not be able to start working at NBC until July 2017.

Regardless of what happens, I think this seals 8pm for Anderson Cooper. Also:

>fox gives 8pm to Shepard Smith
>fox, cnn and msnbc now have homosexuals as their prime time spot

The show is basically a hobby for him anyways, he's made millions off his book deals. Fox is the only loser in this situation.

what a time to be alive

well done bill well done bill

HOWEVER

but really he already talked about retiring soon and he's been there forever and made boatloads of money so it's not like a bad thing tbqh

>pussy

No, i just don't have to be an absolute creep to get women. Being kind (gay, i know) works fine.

Yes, there are annoying feminists, yes unfortunately some women cry wolf, but this is a serious pattern in which he's simply acted inappropriately for years, and has to face the consequences.

I'd rather watch don lemon or cooper than fucking shep. Shep is such a snarky fag and dumb as fuck

what a numale cuck desu

Fucking shame. Bill is a true patriot.

>Bill is a true pinhead

ftfy

The average age of the Fox News audience is 68.

Right but it's the "you either die the hero of live long enough to be the villain" scenario. He's going to go out like Billy Cosby and be remembered for the harassment instead of going out like Bill Cosby and be remembered for having a popular show and being a part of popular culture.

It's the viewers who suffer. No one can match him.

dohohoho

lmao not that dude, but it's fucking easy to pick up women at work. I've slept with three age 40+ women at my work just by being a nice, quiet, semi-attractive guy that can hold a conversation and eye contact with them longer than their husband.

So yea, i dont think i'm the cuck here lmao

>We lose Bill O'Reilly
>We lose Mike Francesa

Damn, nothing but boring fags are left.

Pretty much.

Bye bye hahahahahaha

Pinheads.
Pinheads everywhere.

>megyn kelly
>attractive
wipe this meme from the face of the earth

Wow what a true lady's man you must be to snatch up some poor bastards used goods in her fucking 40s. Why are you bragging about this?

Not even millionaires are immune to women's bullshit.

S

I did not say that, the implication is that Kelly possesses the necessary charisma and bluster, which Perino lacks. However, Kelly is obviously attractive, are we acting like she's not now, because she's a traitor or something? Now has cooties?

>lmao not that dude
then why are you responding? lmao

and you're bragging about fucking old hags. If you did that with younger women you'd probably end being sued for harassment because she thinks she can cash out

Leave him alone.

>used goods

Keep outing yourself as a perma-virgin, good sir. Only the fairest, purest damsel shall win your heart!

This guy's entire career was literally made from entertaining angry weak-minded people by insulting, interrupting, and bullying intelligent people. Being an arrogant, judgemental, hypocritical douchebag who also happened to be right-leaning in his political beliefs.
good riddance to this filth, whose contributed nothing good to society, art, or politics, but provided 2 decades worth of short moments of mindless entertainment for non-thinkers.

Which one of you is going to step up and defend him now?

how long until they start taking down dykes for sexual harassment too?

There goes that damn Devil with his lies again.

>has a husband who has been railing her for years and cumming inside her
>he probably fucked her and came in her the day before you did
>not used goods

brag all you want but this is fucking pathetic.

his show is literally the most reasonable of the cable opinion shows and he sold millions of books too, not to mention being well known for charitable works

fuck you faggot libtard
O'Reilly was great

Keep imaging all of this in graphic detail, then call others cucks and numales, you're doing great.

>un-reciprocated phone sex
>flirting

>I fuck 40+ year old women because they say I'm nice and "kind"

ahahahahahaha

Cosby was remembered that way, but pretty much everyone just thinks of the accusations now.

based Trump era has brought an end to cuckReilly

just hang up and walk away you stupid bitch

>help I'm being phone raped!

roastie genocide when

Obviously this

He validated the ineffectual anger of millions of dumb, lazy dipshits, many of whom gave birth to the children populating this very thread.

This.

this so much, you should be able to call whomever you want and masturbate on the phone, i thought this was america wtf

Dana, Martha, Eric, they don't have the necessary start powers, they are just meh.
I hated megan kelly, but she had that energy and the way she destroyed donna brazille on live tv was epic.
They will probably put tucker on his timeslot, and put another weak sauce on his current time.

Called it weeks ago. Funny thing was there were morons on here saying "not gonna happen he's getting loads of viewers".

Morons don't seem to realize that viewers don't matter if no one wants to pay for advertising on his show.

He made Jon Stewart look like a complete idiot when he went on the Daily Show.

He was intentionally provocative/antagonistic on his show, but he is way smarter than you think.

Liberals: 1
Conservatards: 0

>yfw Cernovich gets his slot

>This guy's entire career was literally made from entertaining angry weak-minded people by insulting, interrupting, and bullying intelligent people.
Most people our society considers intelligent deserve more than a little bullying.

>Fox is waiting for him to come back from vacation to fire him

At this point what's the point of Bill coming back early then if he's just going to get fired? Why can't he just send his attorneys and lawyers to make sure he gets his remaining money on the deal and stay in Italy?

No he didnt, Stewart ran circles around him, as was apparent to anyone functionally literate. But their mutual, friendly antagonist was at times comfy.

>The right is eating itself whilst approval ratings drop and drop

Feels good man

>picks unattractive women in the hopes they won't report for fear of no one believing them
>they report it anyway

bill really cucked himself here

>At this point what's the point of Bill coming back early then if he's just going to get fired? Why can't he just send his attorneys and lawyers to make sure he gets his remaining money on the deal and stay in Italy?

If only there were a sentence in OP post to answer your question....

>Sources briefed on the discussions say O’Reilly’s exit negotiations are moving quickly. Right now, a key issue on the table is whether he would be allowed to say good-bye to his audience, perhaps the most loyal in all of cable

Did we watch the same show? Jon totally owned Bill. As Jon did with most people. They expect the funny man, but when he get serious Jon is fucking smart.

Most people who stand up to Bill end up being the winner. Bill usually won by sheer intimidation and being able to yell the loudest.

It's a catch 22. No one's gonna pay much for whomever they replace him with.

>Stewart ran circles around him

lol just pathetic, why do people still talk about this clown

I'll miss the "pinheads" posts

That's not a catch 22.

Why the fuck would he care to say goodbye? He doesn't show up his "Loyal," Fanbase would be pissed at the network making it seem like THEY didn't want him back on and causing backlash which would probably give Bill some last good press to the point he might be hired back.

>jon "doesn't know the difference between debt and defecit" leibowitz"

>if i close my eyes and pretend it doesn't happen then it doesnt

fuck off idiot

Cis-White Males are THE easy target. If a cis-white woman tried to say some Dyke anchor was harassing them, she'd get blown away by the counter suite / anti-LGBT hatecrime allegation.

Hopefully they replace him with someone who isn't a huge cuck.

He got fucking rekt kid. The only rebuttal Stewart even had was "please stop" and "is this guy serious"

Great showing today, user. Good luck out there in the real world, mothers hide your daughters ;)

AND YET FOX NEWS IS STILL THE ONLY VALID SOURCE OUT THERE

STOP TRYING TO RUIN US LIBSHITS

>the only correct replacement
Search your feelings you know it's true.

>$13 million

wow these golddiggers

BYE BYE BILL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

>kid

Cuuuute! You are so grown up, user, a thinking man indeed!

Why do you out yourselves a shareblue SJWs?

It was just Jon Stewart repeating "Admit white privilege exists" over and over.

It was fucking embarassing. Reddit's Champion demagogue, and that's all he has. He made a complete ass out of himself on Cuckbert too with his angry rants.

DUDE RIGHT WINGERS ARE DUMB AND ANGRY GUN NUTS BIBLE THUMPERS WEED LMAO

Like replacing Megyn Kelly with Tucker, this will only make Fox stronger.

Alex Jones getting that time slot?