twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mars needs moms

Only Yesterday
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso

Any one of these three

>Porco Rosso
Yep! Chuck Testa!

Finally saw My Neighbor Totoro yesterday, and it's not that.

Kiki's Delivery Service is on of my favourites.

Princess Mononoke

They're all mostly amazing films, and my favourite part of this question is that everyone had a different answer because the themes and characters resonate differently with everyone.

Mine has to be Princess Mononoke though.

I know it's not gonna be Sup Forums's choice because it's the most popular, but Spirited Away is the answer to your question, OP.

mononoke

>people choosing Kiki's Delivery Service
But why?

The setting was relatively bland and the only remarkable thing thrown into the movie was the girl could fly (sometimes) and the cat could talk (sometimes).

It's up there, but better than Spirited Away or Mononoke? I wouldn't say so.

This or Porco Rosso or Howls

*blocks your path*

>Howls
The worst Miyazaki film I've ever seen. The movie was a mess and had no direction.

Castle in the Sky for the fantastic dub with Hamil and Leachman, the amazing backdrops and lovely setting.

Nothing else quite touches it in terms of quality and creativity.

Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are pretty much tied for me.

Spirited Away

Who would name their child Image?

Whisper of the Heart

Can Nausicaa apply?
If yes then that

I would have to say My Neighbor Totoro, mainly due to the music and the spiritual connection with nature I can feel from it. Spirited Away comes close, the romance between Chihiro and Hak is sweet

youtube.com/watch?v=o427T3gNUFA

yup.

all of them their charm in their own way

porco rosso and and kiki because they are comfy

Castle in the Sky has always been my favorite.

only yesterday

Howl's Moving Castle or Nausicaa*.

Not Studio Ghibli, but Castle of Cagliostro. Miyazaki's directorial debut.

Mononoke

youtube.com/watch?v=rZUppxT38Zk
I love this theme

personally I've always loved Kiki's delivery service

True. Is the only one that I remember vaguely, others remained impressed.

Probably Spirited Away or Naushika (even though it doesn't really count), but to be honest half of Ghibli movies are boring as fuck. Mostly the ones not made by Miyazaki.

do you have some kind of condition where your opinion is always "the first one was best", no matter what?

I recently rewatched Howls because I liked it as a kid. Holy shit, it really is horrible. The plot is nonexistent and the characterization is unbearably bland.

oldboy

oh yeah? w-well, at least the music is nice!

Whisper of the Heart. Slice of life is the best kind of slice

My Neighbor Totoro > Kiki's Delivery Service > Whisper of the Heart > Ponyo > Princess Mononoke > The Tale of Princess Kaguya > Spirited Away > The Wind Rises > Porco Rosso > (The Castle of Cagliostro) > (Nausicaa) > The Cat Returns > When Marnie Was There > Castle in the Sky > Grave of the Fireflies > Pom Poko > From Up on Poppy Hill > Howl's Moving Castle > Arrietty > Tales from Earthsea > Only Yesterday > My Neighbors the Yamadas

Disney on Ritalin

Ponyo is underrated

so Disney, except more focused, more energetic, less lazily made?

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away have the most things I want to fuck in them so those.

Spirited Away

I don't care if it's the popular one, it's the one I enjoyed most.

Most Ghibli-like Disney: Bambi
Most Disney-like Ghibli: The Cat Returns

Both are good.

Only correct answer. I also agree with you subjectively on that favourite.

Breath of the Wild

The more important question:
Why heroine did you want to fugg most?
Trick question, they're all underage you sick fucks

Porco rosso is my favorite.
Its a shame that they put away the plans to make a sequel.

Only Yesterday
Kiki's Delivery Service
Whisper of the Heart

When Marnie Was There was enjoyable, if a little "standard" for an anime movie.
Spirited Away was good, but felt much more like a kids Disney flick.

Ruts rat? Rye ravorite Ribree rovie? Rell rats rough, rye rove rem rall row rutch, rut riff rye rad rue roose rye rud ralf roo rhoose Rrincess Ronororay.

Nausicaa and Porco Rocco are tied for me. After them I think Kiki is best. I guess I just like flying

Castle of Cagliostro

kiki's delivery service is the comfortiest animekino you can ever have

Only Yesterday
I'm not the only one who cried at the end right

On Your Mark desu phamalamas

Paprika

It's one of the most boring normalfag movies of all time. Literally the only scene I remember is where they're disappointed about a pineapple.

top movie: Spirited Away
most impact movie: Grave of the Fireflies

What's the least popular one? Whatever that is.

Howl's Moving Castle (DUB)

Its just so comfy

Then it would be Nausicaa tied with Spirited Away, Then Mononoke, then Porco Rosso

probably ocean waves

Miyazaki: The Wind Rises / Porco Rosso
Takahata: Tale of Princess Kaguya / Only Yesterday
Minor directors: None, but Whisper of the Heart is very cute.

My favourite of those is Kaguya.

Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
My Neighbors the Yamadas

(rated by comfyness)

Porco Rosso

Spirited Away probably the most ambitious one but it kinda falls apart

The Ghibli dubs are really good.
In this coming from somebody who hates dubbing with a passion.

Fuck man I had forgetten about that....

The ending was like Fellini at his full emotional swing. I don't blame you.

>Naussica & the Valley of the Wind
>Princess Mononoke
>Kiki's Delivery Service
>Spirited Away

Unquestionably the best.

Nausicaa

Ding ding ding.
I'm surprised you were the only one in the entire thread who got that right.
Oh well. What do I expect. Kaguya seems to go over the head of the average viewer. I don't understand why. It's not like it's a difficult movie to appreciate.

I didn't cry but it left me feeling nostalgiac as hell. Now I really want to visit the Japanese countryside but >tfw filthy gaijin

I can't do subbed anime because the voices never sound right. It might just be me, but I barely here any intonation or emotion, all the voices end up sounding flat and the same.

I tried watching Space Dandy subbed and I couldn't tell any of the characters voices apart and they all sounded monotone and bored compared to the American dub

>It's not like it's a difficult movie to appreciate.
The art style is really off-putting at first. If you're expecting the traditional clean line style it looks cheap and lazy. But stick with it until the first dream sequence and you'll understand it's actually good.

Don't people still read picture books when they're children? Is that style really so off-putting? I just don't understand how someone could watch Kaguya and not fall in love with it.

>Don't people still read picture books when they're children?
Children's picture books are where the bad artists/writers work. Children have low standards.

Laputa castle in the sky.

I realy like spirited away.
It made me feel some kind of childhood like essence that I never felt before, felt like one of those special dreams.

It's more like traditional chinese art, like this animation, only way more elaborate and with a better sense of image composition. Takahata is definitely a master:

youtube.com/watch?v=JmFIQDrV_mw

i know exactly what you mean and agree. i've described it to friends as the movie giving me nostalgia for dreams i had as a kid.

la blue girl

The whole sequence where she's offered a part in a big production and her father says no really gave me the feels.

Especially when her friend ends up with the part and Taeko can't mention she got it first.

Sameface: The Studio

Is it sad that I can tell who each face belongs to?

Princess Mononoke.

No it just means you've seen the films, unlike the person who posted that image.

Narcissa valley of the wind or Castle in the sky.
Princess Mononoke is the pleb hipster choice.

>Kiki's Delivery Service

boring, annoying, and awful

the city doesn't even resemble Gothenburg that much

lmao you write like a faggot

Best is probably spirited away or Mononoke, I know it's typical to say, but it's also true in my opinion.
Best art is kaguya, that movie looks sublime
Kiki is definitely the most overrated
Castle in the sky and Only Yesterday are both underrated, the latter more so then the former.

That's because it was inspired by Visby.

I really enjoyed when Marnie was there, some of the dialogue was a bit meh, but maybe that's because I like the book a lot.

nah, totoro is the most overrated, still very good tho

I guess Mononoke. I really didn't like valley of the wind that much and castle in the sky is meh. Those are the only three i watched so far.

Really? I could've sworn it was Gothenburg

>Miaysakishit
lol

this is so fucking stupid it kinda made me laugh, good job.

>Howl's

I've been a huge Dianna Wynn Jones fan for most of my life, and this is probably my favorite. It differs from the source a lot, but it nails the spirit and setting of Jones' work.

Spirited Away is probably my overall favorite, that or Nausicaa. But I also really like Arrietty for maximum comfy.

It had a really engrossing atmosphere that I liked very much, like a more subdued version of Spirited Away's transition from the real world to the spirit world.

Also I kind of fell in love with Marnie the first time I watched it so there's that.