Can anyone tell me why this series works and dragon ball super doesnt?

can anyone tell me why this series works and dragon ball super doesnt?

Try or

Naruto had a world with infinity possibilities. >metal lee
Topkek

Boruto works off the canon and has a rich lore-filled universe set up for it. Like Zaku saying his air expulsion was the jutsu of the future, and basically the entire ending of Naruto, and Neji's death, and Kaguya's lineage. It wasn't thought up out of the blue 20 years after the fact.

Dragon Ball Super is a continuation of a generic high fantasy romp with dinosaurs, ripped off a popular Chinese fable. The source was never that good, so how much less would a sequel be?

tl;dr Toriyama finally got off his high horse and decided to watch YuYu Hakusho. Then got inspired to make an anime based on its third and fourth season.

Black Goku = Sensui, as in, from Chapter Black
This Universal "only one world survives" tourney = the Demon World for earth's fate tourney

>the source was never good
>implying Naruto was ever good
top kek

DUDE POWER LEVELS LMAO I GOTTA TRANSFORM LOL ALIEN EMOTIONS

Writing for super sucks

Because Naruto never ended and dbz was on hiatus?

I don't know; i just watch good shit

DUDE BELIEVE IT!

probably because you cant relate to the aliens in super

whats this picture from?

I gave up on Naruto like 100-200 episodes before it ended

watched the boruto movie and it was pretty decent, they don't mess around with the action in the movies

tried to watch the boruto anime, skimmed through it and watched maybe 30s and got bored of the little kid running around doing shadow clone all over again

How is that a defense of Naruto's quality?

It's literally from the first scene of Boruto, so apparently you didn't actually watch.

why the hell is everyone watching Naruto now?

Dragon Ball fans are adults in their 30's.
Naruto fans are entering their 20's.

People really liked and respected Dragon Ball, which is why Super is such a hard kick in the ass.

Because Dragon Ball is based on extremely dumbed down Chinese fantasy and folklore.

If you want the whole package, you need to read Chinese Xianxia novels:

They are the same as Dragon Ball except:
1. MC's are intelligent unlike Goku
2. MC's are often morally dubious or corrupt or downright evil and sometimes good, depending on the path they chose and how the author wanted the character
3. The world is segmented in sects of cultivators (people who can absorb and feel heavenly energy and convert it into their own Qi or whatever with various ways, and cultivate towards immortality) which are the primary rulers, while mortal kingdoms and states beneath them are something they don't even give a shit about except for pulling "sensitives" out of them and treating them like cattle.
4. Shit like Kamehameha is newbie shit here, and some MC's even downright pull the souls out of enemies and feed on them for power.

So basically the Jedi and Sith except you have millions of them and they are warring and battling every fucking day with other sects or between themselves.
5. Take Dragon Ball and make it darker about 10 times or more.

>now
dummy detected

unironically this
Dragon Ball Z had the benefit of coming first and when you were all easily impressed children.
Naruto came when things became lame when we grew up, and then there was the weird fans.
Naruto was honestly more interesting and has more possibilities story-wise.

>>implying Naruto was ever good

At this point I hate Naruto but I'd say much of it up to the Pain subplot was good, after that it just became garbage. I don't really understand why they had to focus so much on Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke when they spent a lot of time establishing side characters to just push them to the side and become caricatures of themselves and completely irrelevant for the rest of the show.

Somebody give me a rundown on how Naruto ended. I dropped the series 100 years ago, when Naruto went to train on the island with a nigger

>skimmed through it and watched maybe 30s

>SKIMMED THROUGH IT

so are you going to explain what it is in the picture then? a flash forward tease of what boruto will become?

>mfw Naruto was good until author went all faggot with the evil fox and started treating everything as "i just wanted friends :(((" bullshit

Naruto has so much stuff in the background. It's not hard to pull some stuff to create somwthing good
Dragon Ball is tired as fuck and they are just changing hair color now. They should let it rest.

This board is a joke

Go and watch the first minute yourself.

>Wanting to be spoon-fed
Not even on Sup Forums

I would watch DB Super if it had good animation

But no non-cinema anime after 2000 has good animation

get back to Sup Forums or kill yourself you elitist faggot

>this series works
lol

It's not good. If you trim out all the fat. All the hours of show wasted by reaction faces, flashbacks, and repeating the same damn thing 10 times, it becomes decent. But you can't pretend that shit doesnt exist, and it seriously ruins the show.

>Waaah. Ive already wasted more time complaining than it would take to find out myself.

Are you serious? Boruto is trash and far worse than Super, which I'm not even a fan of.

Ask or

no it doesnt. the repetitive exposition is a staple in shonen

Nah I completely agree, I'm probably being too charitable, I made sure to skip filler when watching it. It's frustrating, ignoring the pure autism of the fanbase, I actually liked the idea of the world and all the different clans. I think what annoyed me the most later in the series was that a select few characters became ridiculously OP and it just became big explosions and giant monsters fighting when a lot of the original fight concepts were kind of cool, with different clans having different attributes.

>pure autism of the fanbase
S-so what if I run like naruto?!?!

When I watched it as a kid I ran like that for a while... Luckily it didn't last long and I didn't run much.

#rekt

you mean Low Fantasy

I have friends that refuse to give berserk a try because they've been burned by autists recomending shitty anime like naruto or db, fma, etc and they think it's just generic power level boost kiddie stuff so they will never watch the good stuff. fuck this thread

wat

Compared to Sup Forums?

They already made an anime like that and it was shit all the same.

>implying berserk anime isn't the epitome of kiddie stuff
even the manga is basically a generic shounen at this point

Boruto is actually pretty good.

> not liking DBS after episode 77

you're missing out m8

Apparently it's 2deep4u, maybe you need to grow a bit to figure it out

>its another Tournament arc
people saying Toriyama is running out of ideas and basically copypasting just got told

wait...wait what?
theres a sequel manga or anime? is it canon or is the dude actually writing it.
whats the tattoo? whats the eye? so many questions

>grow a bit
>to read weebshit
JAJAJAJAJAJA EL JUSTO DANNYBOI

Boruto sucks ass man. It did confirm one thing, by the end of Naruto, Kishimoto just was not drawing it anymore. Boruto's art style is 100% the exact same as late stage Naruto and Mikio Ikemoto was well known to be Kishimoto's long time assistant. Okay, it doesn't suck that much. It breathed a lot of fresh air into what had become a manga bogged down in unnecessary back stories and shit art and dragged out storylines. Boruto's a lot more slice of life-ish and because there's no serious war or revenge quests there's a lot more opportunity for fun, which is a nice change.

Super just sucks because Toriyama ran out of ideas 30 years ago. He ran out of ideas after Freeza and still had to keep going because cash cows cannot die. Super is also doing the exact same shit DB has always done, for decades at this point. For fuck's sake Goku is still the main character, what the fuck is that about.

ye guts hacking 100 dudes to pieces while wielding a sword bigger than himself that weighs 10 times as much as his entire body in one arm while swatting their arrows away with his cloak sure is some deep shit. also not generic shounen crap at all.

or maybe the deep shit was when that walking meme got his ass kicked by casca 40 times in a row?

or was it when casca was being angsty about being born a girl?

or was it when -take your pick- talked about how they were raped or almost raped or sold themselves for sex?

or was it the rape itself?

maybe it was the tits?

give me a break. berserk is just a decently well pulled-off edgy shounen. the manga was kind of alright in the start when it managed to maintain its grimdark aesthetic. but then griffith got reborn and guts found the armor that turned him into naruto and it got real boring real fast.

Anime in general is shit these days because it's edited dumbed down censored diarrhea.

I miss the days of anime with space warfare, random lasers pulverizing the heads of kids, limbs and blood and organs exploding everywhere.

Masashi kishimoto or whatever the fuck his name is, isn't writing it, but he's supervising it I think. So I assume it's canon.

There is a lot of deep meaning and symbolism in berserk but I'm not gonna argue it with you because what you're doing I can do for literally anything and that's a single player game

> manga by Toyotaro

and that is why you watch the shitty anime instead of the even shittier manga

dear god

>2. MC's are often morally dubious or corrupt or downright evil and sometimes good

confirmed for not reading the manga and just watching the anime with the shitty Funimation dub

> Toriyama: Right. There’s how, basically, Son Goku from Dragon Ball doesn’t fight for the sake of others, but because he wants to fight against strong guys. So once Dragon Ball got animated, at any rate, I’ve always been dissatisfied with the “righteous hero”-type portrayal they gave him. I guess I couldn’t quite get them to grasp the elements of “poison” that slip in and out of sight among the shadows.

I can find "deep meaning and symbolism" in literally anything. I can pick a random recipe out of a cookbook and find deep meaning and symbolism in it if that's what I want to see in it. You're just seeing what you want to see, or what others have told you to see. Like schizophrenic delusions except socially acceptable to talk about having in public.

Of course, you could try to prove me wrong. Point out some of the deepity. Which could easily be swatted aside by me, because it would be bullshit that could arbitrarily be interpreted in a billion other ways. So you wisely won't even bother trying.

Naruto and Sasuke were spiritual succesors to the offspring of the hermit. Hermit shows up to explain this while they fight Madara (Madara was never actually alive he gets brought back to life by Obito who was masquerading as Madara under the pseudonym Toby) then hermits mom shows up (Kaguya) starts shitting on everything until everyone works together. Then everyone becomes nice to each other including oroichimaru and other people that did literally nothing wrong

Dragon Ball is getting too repetitive. Also they're going full retarded with power levels. Boruto feels like a fresh start for the series and they actually try something different instead of recycling old characters with generic tournament arcs like DBS is doing. GT gave them the perfect chance to start a new history but they ignored it.

>Point out some of the deepity.
"Depth" you uneducated illiterate swine.

>watching dubs

Irochimaru definitely did some wrong wtf why is he allowed to live freely amongst everyone again?

>MC's are intelligent unlike Goku

tfw too intelligent for dragon ball

[ screaming for 15 minutes intensifies]

Because the ending is retarded and ruined everything.

Shippuden ended recently

Goku is so stupid, Chi-Chi had to stick a turkey-blaster into his dick to extract the seeds and then stick it into her vagina in order to conceive because Goku was too stupid for conventional intercourse.

Never seen naruto, but every time I see those headbands the only thing I can think of is fat sperglords wearing them.

Shiggy diggy no titan

The author says its shojo

That idolm@ster loving hiatus taking asshole is talking shit.

I actually knew a fat kid in highschool who ran like this, and had the headband. He would make paper ninja stars too and throw them at people.

I'm not going to write a fucking essay explaining the whole show to you, how good and evil are notions that are obliterated in it due to the effects of causality together with symbolism that reminds me of the myth of Horus, or how the main character story is defined in one quote by the SK when he is 98% quoting from Nietzsche. I won't bother because I know what kind of game you're playing and I can play it too. I can say everything is stupid and oversimplify everything in order to make it look dumb. Actually that would be more fun since it's just a classic aggravation-attempt that requires no effort from my part. Like I could go to any random thread in this board and bash their dumb little show by oversimplifying it and the ones wasting time arguing with me do so for my amusement only. Well, I don't think I have amused you too much but I hope you enjoyed it bb

someone post the webm fight with pain

Sam Harris pls go

This, no regrets tho

How do you defend a what used to be a grimdark manga delving into ELEMENTS LEND ME YOUR POWER loli witch?

That shit is kiddy stuff and you know it

Works for what?

Also

>Goku literally gets killed and goes through hell to save earth and his friends
>his strongest attack can only be perfomed by a pure hearted person
>his whole thing is that he's at his strongest only when the earth survival is at stake
>MUH MISUNDERSTOOD CHARACTER

The eternal Jap strikes again. The only "shadow" he managed to slip in was when he was pissed he couldn't achieve the god form by himself.

Be Invoked was God-tier Tominokino

Please consider supporting me on Patreon. You're the one making this possible.

Nice trips btw

are you mentally handicapped?

> let's a mass-murderer go because he wants a re-match with him
> let's another mass-murderer power up to his 100% because he wants to fight him at his best
> gives a Senzu to another mass-murderer, endangering his son and the whole universe for the sake of a "fair fight"

>" his whole thing is that he's at his strongest only when the earth survival is at stake"

most the time it's either just the product of him being a training junkie or just personal vendetta (Piccolo, Freeza)

>his strongest attack can only be perfomed by a pure hearted person

Yammer's definition for "pure hearted" is very vague

>DBZ :My Big powerball is bigger than the last time ! (you can't even see it anymore ) X300 episode

>Naruto: sometimes come up with actual new techniques.

I don't care about the two, but if I had to choose I will choose the one where something new can happen.