Paterson ugh reee

What a boring ass movie. Literally NOTHING EVER HAPPENS. Just a pretentious piece of crap.
>B-but it's pottery, it rhymes!...
NO IT'S NOT
The poems are dreadful
The story is generic and not interesting
Literally any capeshit movie has a better script
Not even a Bill Murray cameo
Everything in this movie sucks dick

>Nothing happens

How to spot a pleb 101

oh yeah, patrician? what happens in this movie then?

You're disgusting. Don't ever watch a non capeshit flick again

the question is OP, why would a retard even bother to watch a film?

aren't you saturated enough with captain burger and the suicide league?

I used to like Jarmusch but he went downhill so fast he made my head spin

What's your favorite Jarmusch?

I HATE Captain America and all that shit but objectively it's better than this boring ass flick

Down By Law, Stranger Than Paradise, Stranger Than Paradise, you?

Why isn't Paterson your MOTY? It is the perfect conservative film. The fact that this was most definitely an accident proves how wonderfully universal its values are to conservative America.

Paterson
>pushes traditional gender roles (husband provides, wife nurtures)
>has a comfortable admiration for Eisenhower-era America (nearly every glowing reference to a Paterson legend comes from that era)
>glorifies no degenerate behavior. (the emotionally unstable actor)
>portrays a calm, quiet working class life as something to value, even if a little boring.

Jarmusch may not agree with me, but he lionized a lot of tradiotionalist Americans with this movie

I mean Permanent Vacation

I agree with you, there are a LOT of good values in this movie. But -- a movie needs to convey EMOTIONS, needs to be thrilling, interesting. Paterson is like a video essay. You nod your head, say I agree with the director but then just yawn.

Down by Law, Mystery Train, and Paterson are my top 3

OK I'm with you I like the first two movies but Paterson? What did you like about Paterson?

There were emotions though. Just that it was a slice of life doesn't mean the emotions aren't valuable. Paterson is going through a crisis in this movie and nearing some kind of break. The opening shot of the Sunday chapter where they are both awake in bed and not facing each other is one of the most heartbreaking visuals of the year.

Thought it was the best movie of 2016.

I basically laid it hereBut there are other aspects too. Little side characters that make the movie stand out compared to other character pieces. The poem scenes were cute and a little corny but highly respectable. The asshole dog.

>user who doesn't understand how art films work and isn't the target audience tries to watch a non-superhero movie

>Thought it was the best movie of 2016.
What about Elle?

Not him but Paterson is 1 and Elle is 2, maybe 3. Everybody Wants Some!! is in between

oh yeah because when you're out there in the movie theater bored to tears pretending you're some kind of movie connaisseur just so you can feel better than the plebs watching capeshit you think it's worth it

>Everybody Wants Some
Linklater? Seriously?

Yes, Linklater is one of the best out there and he made a fabulous movie about young men learning that the future isn't as cut and dry as they believe.

Well you should know better then to watch movies like this in the first place, it's not for the typical person who wants some face paced hollywood blockbuster popcorn flick. It doesn't make the movie bad because you expected a Nolan flick out of it.

I sort of liked the movie but was it just me or was the poetry really bad? I thought it was a plot point that he even terrible poetry can be a good way of self-expression or some shit but apparently he was really supposed to be a good poet?

I thought the poetry was good. The stream-of-consciousness tone of voice it was read in probably made it sound worse than it actually was to some people. It wasn't supposed to sound like a proper dramatic reading, more like how the voice in your head actually sounds when you're writing something.

At first I thought it was supposed to be bad, but it got better as the movie went on. Don't think it was supposed to be some super deep complex poetry, it seemed like something a guy like him would write.

Embarrassing thread

>walking your dog
>see Method Man freestyling at the laundromat
>what do?

that was the only scene I didn't like. felt tacked on.

I feel like Jarmusch is more responsible for Wu Tang still being relevant than Wu Tang are themselves.

well it was obvious it was just a random cameo. could have been more subtle about it and made him a normal character.

Reminds me that at first I thought Paterson was supposed to represent hell.

Now I'm sure.

>Reminds me that at first I thought Paterson was supposed to represent hell.
wtf it all makes sense now.

Elle was kind of an edgy mess, didn't hate it, but definitely not moty

>went downhill
Only lovers left alive was one of his better films.

Stranger than Paradise > Mystery Train > Down by Law > Dead Man > Only Lovers Left Alive > Paterson > Broken Flowers > The Limits of Control > Night on Earth > Permanent Vacation > Cofee & Cigarettes

>needs to be thrilling, interesting
Maybe you just don't have a short attention spam. It's very common these days, no wonder comics movies are so popular.

What was all the references to twins in the movie supposed to represent?

It's like poetry, it rhymes.