/oslo/ general

How do they do it, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:summer
newsline.com/70-of-norwegian-olympic-skiing-medals-won-by-asthmatics-swedish-documentary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Norge is a beautiful country, reminds me of BC

I really really wonder

>tfw i have legit asthma and have struggled my entire life with it, haven't been able to join the military, play sports etc

and now people are going to expect me to be some sort of elite athlete because of it. fuck norway if they are taking advantage of this shit. its hell when you get older with it. everyone's asthma is different but there is zero way you can be a skier with any sort of asthma. damn them to hell

>swedish salt

Why is Norway GOAT winter sports while Sweden sucks?

Not gonna lie, I'm completely ignorant about those countries, so naturally when I think about them I don't see any difference. I expect them to have similar results in sports, probably slightly better for Sweden because they are better in other sports like football or swimming.

Norway actually has mountains.

>"Sweden sucks"
Mate we're one of the most successful Winter Olympic nations in history.

And one of the most successful Summer Olympics nations

And we're gonna fuck you this summer

>no difference between sweden and norway
i think they'd disagree

the future looks dark though

Reminder Norway still hates Sweden for letting the Germans march right through during the Great War.

>Mate we're one of the most successful Winter Olympic nations in history.
Just checked and you have less than half the gold medals Norway has. Why are they doing that you don't?
>And we're gonna fuck you this summer
Keep dreaming

Most of the Swedish population lives south of the whole of Norway. Say maybe 20% max lives in areas where there's actually 100% snowy winters every year and places to ski and stuff. Thus we're really first and foremost a summer sport nation.
As shown by our fantastic World Cup record with 1 silver and two bronzes. One Olympic football gold when it actually meant something

And DAT PER CAPITA medals if you know what I mean

medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:summer

I don’t understand, you say /Oslo/ general yet it’s everything in Norway except Oslo that kicks ass, Oslo is just generic large multiculti city #239

our doped skiers shit on your doped skiers

We hate them for much more than that.

Tip of the iceberg

>ameriposter
Name one other city in the land of Norwegia. Scandinavian posters do not assist.

>and now people are going to expect me to be some sort of elite athlete because of it. fuck norway if they are taking advantage of this shit
You should know better than anyone that no, asthma medicine really isn't some wonder drug, all it does is reduce inflammation

Tromso

Not part of Scandinavia :^)

>Finland
what's the joke

>Mate we're one of the most successful Winter Olympic nations in history.
Not this year

And they did even worse in Sochi. You can't brag about "muh legacy" unless you're able to keep it up

>all these Norwegians
What the fuck makes their mountains better than yours, Swedie.

Its blood doping. There are two kinds of people in norway, the nationalist who believe we are just that much better than the rest of the world and the people who dont give a shit and realize that the norwegian athletes are actually cheating.

Winter sports are a lot more popular in Norway than Sweden. Not necessarily as far as watching it goes, but when it comes to practising it. This is due to Norway being a lot more snowy and montainuous than Sweden, especially the southern half of Sweden (where all Swedes live).

In contrast, Sweden are generally better att summer sports. The same is true for Denmark.

Well that and sweden sending us a bill for all the norwegian refugees after the war...
You gona do that with all the 3rd worlders too sweden?

Karma for WWII. Norway resisted Hitler, Sweden remained "neutral" to save their pathetic hide.
One country is respectable, one is not.

lel, Norway was neutral as well. Ze Germans simply invaded anyway. They didn't invade Sweden as well because of several reasons.
One, it would mean having to station a whole lot of troops to occupy Sweden, troops needed elsewhere. Two, Sweden were close to Finland whom in turn was frens with the Germans, and they wanted Sweden to be able to send volunteers and equipment to Finland in their war against Russia.

Perhaps most importantly though, Sweden had a fuckton of iron the Germans needed. If they were to invade Sweden, the Swedes could have easily destroyed said mines before the Germans were even close, as the mines were in the north.

>a sensible, calm reply that actually explains something

U r a pretty cool guy, Sweden

>Scandinavia
Norway, Sweden and Denmark

>Nordic Countries
Norway, Sweden, Denmark (including Greenland and Faroe Islands), Finland, Åland and Iceland

>le mein kampf face

Norway is nothing but mountains. There aren't any close to densely populated areas in Sweden.

>Norway was neutral as well.
Fuck off, Svante. Norwegian Resistance fighters almost single handedly sabotaged Hitler's only real opportunity to create nuclear bombs.

Fuck you and all the rest that lives in the south

Are you retarded, Ole? You were neutral prior to being invaded. Obviously neutrality is lost when a foreign power occupies you, kek.

>Posts a picture from Sogn and Fjordane
>/oslo/ general

Retard.

Literally EVERY SINGLE NORWEGIAN (that isn't physically crippled) will have gone cross country skiing or alpine skiing at some point in their lives. Every school has a ski day every year so kids are exposed to skiing and winter sports in general a lot when they're young and impresisonable. It's like Brazil and football. Not everyone becomes a world beater, but everyone has played the sport so someone every generation is bound to make it.

>t.nigger

How the fuck can we have gone so long without being busted? It just isn't reasonable. There would have been too many people involved.

Fucking southerners

Going to Geilo next week lads, haven't decided if I'm gonna snowboard or ski

When this terrain is a 15 minute car ride away from your biggest city, you better get good at skiing.

>tfw live 50m from markagrensa.

Been out today? Took that photo at Kobberhaughytta a couple of hours ago.

You call it markagrensa in Oslo too? I live in Trondheim.

Yeah. I thought eveyone saw markagrensa as Oslo. We keep talking about pushing it back a bit since the city is filling up and instead of constantly making apartments smaller, some wasnt to build a bit into Nordmarka. Guess I learned to look past my own geographical prejudice.
But have you been out skiing today? Was fucking lovely here in Oslo. Blå Swix all the way.

No u. The war broke out in september '39. The invasion happened seven months later, in which time Norway was violated, mostly by the Allies. They invaded our airspace, planted mines in Norwegian waters and boarded our ships. The Allies acted as enemies as well, before the Nazis got here.

That's why.

although I agree, the pic is from More og Romsdal

This poster and his fucking twitch chat phrases trigger the mother-loving shit out of me.

On the actual topic, it still doesn't justify letting them through. Considering the Swedes knew about the Oil.

kappa123 :DDD xD pogchamp pogchamp
anele anele trihard :DDD

We have the same issue here you see. Markagrensa to bymarka is under pressure since there isn't room left on Byåsen.

All new big development have to be far south or east of the city.

Patience, Reitan. There's plenty of fjord to expand into.

The fjord is too fucking deep ;_;

Those are steroids, there's also beta agonists which are broncodilators.

What are oil rigs.

>Sup Forums ITT
Hitler deserved to lose.

Oslo is an absolute shithole.

t. Salty vestlandscuck

>sweden yes

Your problem is you are fat.

I don't see how that contradicts my statement. You'll find that historians agree on my point as well.

I didn't say it justified anything.

>Obviously neutrality is lost when a foreign power occupies you
>lel, Norway was neutral as well. Ze Germans simply invaded anyway.
Seven months after the war broke out. In which time we were being violated by both sides.

Sweden stayed neutral for 5,5 years. There's a difference.

>from Oslo
>unironically calling someone else a cuck
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>play in snow your whole life
>play in snow professionally

Pretty easy to see how they do it.

If we suck, what about you? Considering all you play is football and we're at least on equal leveling with you there, what does that say about the state of Mexican sports?

based snowniggers

Loop holes in the system, implying astma medicine and high altitude training dosnt affect an athletes preformances. Also that whole Therese Johaug case was just laughable, the most blatant attempt to cover it up.

>inb4 exploiting loopholes isnt cheating
Cant claim to be the worlds best if you started the race 200m infront of everyone else.

You just think we cheat because you want to seem special like the anti-vaxxers, no-mooners flat-earthers and other retards

All your arguments have been crushed to death a million times over for several years.

People on Sup Forums (and Sup Forums) have misunderstood this asthma thing, it seems.

I'm guessing nobody will care to listen to this but I'll say this anyway:

1. Athletes in this sport(it's not just Norway) have a tendency of getting breathing problems due to pushing their limits in the cold. The "asthma" is not normal asthma like you have. They treat it with asthma medicine.

2. Nobody is exploiting any system. I think many have misunderstood this. People seem to think that these athletes are pretending to have asthma so that they can have the asthma medicine. That's not the case. Asthma medicine is allowed and legal in these games - for everyone. It does not matter if you have breathing problems or if you are completely healthy and fine. It is allowed. You do not need to exploit any system in order to be allowed to take asthma medicine in this sport. It's allowed for everyone. Everyone!

3. WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency), do not consider asthma medicine to have performance enhancing effects, even if you take it as a completely healthy athlete (this is why it's legal for everyone to take it if they want to). They do however think it's not a good thing to do so if you have no problems, and have voiced a recommending of not using asthma medicine unless you have legit reasons to do so. It is actually a widely held opinion among experts, doctors, and scientists that it is not a form of doping. Again - not against the rules at all.

4. "If it has no effect, then why do they use it??"
No Norwegian athletes have been using asthma medicine without a reason. They all do it because they have experienced breathing problems or low oxygen-intake during extreme training, and they want to use the asthma medicine to clear their breathing. Yes, Athletes without "asthma" have used it. But it has been because they want to reduce breathing problems caused by pushing their limits in the cold during high-altitude training, and also in competitons.

There, now I've said it.

It's not a loop hole. Everyone is allowed to use astma medicine no matter what. Allowed for everyone, even the most healthy athlete in the world is allowed to use it in the olympics cross country skiing competitions.

>Nobody is exploiting any system
Then why did Johnsrud Sundby get a 2 month doping ban?

You are delusional if you think none of our guys exploited asthma medicine. I bet you think all our athletes who beat the EPO guys during the 90s were clean as well

The Norwegian skiiers train some 30% more than the Swedish. Probably about the same difference compared to other nation's skiing teams. We also spend 5 times more money than other nations on recruiting talents and developing them. Skiing is a huge deal in Norway. We care more about it than anyone else. It's our national sport.

Everyone in Norway grow up skiing. Literally. This gives us a huge pool of talents. Note that other nations have a few really good talents in this sport, that have been around for years, whereas Norway always have new talents.

Forgot to get apply for the permit.This is basic fucking shit to google.

Hey Norway bros- what does ‘gaard’ in a last name mean? Like Andrew __gaard.

Farm basically

Coolio

>Then why did Johnsrud Sundby get a 2 month doping ban?
Sundby did not get a ban because he used Asthma medicine (he is allowed to do that). He got a ban because he used too much of it. WADA have rules on how much medicine you are allowed to take. They had not applid for a permit to take as much as he did.

However, to go more into details about this case. Sundby's inhaler apparatus was designed in a way that only so much of the medicine that go through the apparatus will be inhaled by the person. This was thoroughly proven and also confirmed by the manufacturer of said apparatus. In effect he only had a normal dose, which was also proven by blood tests, but the rules are very clear that it is the amount of medicine that go through the apparatus that counts, and thus he could not get away from that ban even tho every expert in the field basically agreed on the facts.

It's extremely common to have a surname after the farmstead your ancestors owned/worked at in Norway.

And just to be clear. If you are sceptical about this, and think that he took too much on purpose, then you should know that athletes cannot get away with taking too much asthma medicine anyway. WADA see it instantly, and you will be banned like he got.

And also, taking too much do not give a performance enhancing effect either. At least not according to WADA.

I don't claim that our athletes are clean BTW. I think all top athletes in this sport is bending the rules on drugs and such. But Asthma medicine is a not that.

Cool. I’d like to go visit some day.

>Sweden are generally better att summer sports.
Not since like the 70s lmao

Not exactly a chill place to ski. Endless queue of 50 year old birkebeinerfitter på siste mulige selvrealiseringsforsok going 400 mph with insane headlamps that leave you blinded for several minutes

Doesn't that also describe Alaska?

Sweeds must be the most over-defensive posters on Sup Forums. Hard to believe that people from one the the best countries to live would be like that.

newsline.com/70-of-norwegian-olympic-skiing-medals-won-by-asthmatics-swedish-documentary/

> a documentary about asthmatics
Are you sure it's not about Star Trek?

TRONDHEIM FTW

I honestly dont know, didn't watch it