Praising the man responsible for the running zombies

>praising the man responsible for the running zombies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Laj8Yp6w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Danny Boyle did that, you retard.

Running zombies have been a thing since the 90's. Plus they're scarier like that.

Boyle had infected. Snyder had fast zombies because COOL BRAH.

>not knowing infected and zombies and different
Why is Sup Forums casual? Who let you in?

Last I checked he didn't direct Return of the Living Dead or 28 days later.

In both 'Dawn of the Dead' films the zombies are a commentary on consumerism. The world has changed since the 70's.

>they're scarier
No they aren't. The scarier thing is your eventual impending doom because food will run out and zombies will be forever approaching

Oh noes I have to run a little while is easy for anyone who exercises vs. boi the longer you live the worse its gonna get

The DotD remake he directed had zombies. 28 Days Later had infected.

No he didn't dumb shit. Snyder' "zombies" came from a virus.

Romero's were zombies because it came from radiation

If it comes from a virus, they're infected.

OP is correct though. The zombies in Dawn2004 are actual zombies. They can be missing arms and still come at you weeks later. James Gunn says their bites aren't viral instead they're like a vampire's... or yknow a zombie. 28 Days is a pussy virus. You can hunker down and those beserker fags will starve to death pretty quickly.

Yeah fuck him for not just copying all the stereotyped shit you've seen a hundred times already and giving you the film equivalent of McDonald's. How dare he do something different.

How did they find a tropical island in Lake Michigan?

Snyder's zombies came from a disease which transformed them.

Romero's actually had dead rising from radiation from a space probe.

There was no living dead in DOTD

Return of the Living Dead doesn't count because it's bordering on parody and 28DL featured people with rabies or some shit.

>giving you the film equivalent of McDonald
But that's what the dawn of the dead remake is oyu fucking plebeian

The only way we could prove that is if they stayed in the mall for longer, every other sign of them being infected is present. The fact they run should be enough on its own but if you want to go autism about it they are also much more agro then the zombies in the OG DotD, almost always raging and flailing even when no one is around, also twitchers etc.

Rate his filmography Sup Forums

>Dawn of the Dead
6/10
>300
6/10
>Watchmen
7/10
>Owl shit
Didn't see
>Sucker Punch
2/10
>Man of steel
5/10 when i saw it in theatres. Haven't rewatched it, but might.
>BvS
5/10

>Return of the Living Dead doesn't count because it's bordering on parody

It counts, deal with it.

Man of steel a 5??? I have Man of Steel a 7

Dawn of the Dead (remake) is the best zombie movie ever made.

That's an objective fact.

Just because you hate Snyder for some imaginary wrong doing in your immaterial Marvel vs DC rivalry, doesn't mean you should paint all of his work as bad with a broad brush.

THANK YOU! I loved the "News Station" DVD extra. Now THAT was kino

I haven't rewatched it.

I really don't buy 90% of the BvS pretentiousness, but MoS could be really interesting if I saw it again.

I still disagree with some of the tone and dialogue etc. But the birth-metaphors, the music, some of the cinematography.

I think I might rate it at least a 6.5 or 7 if i rewatched it.

If it did not have zombies then this Asian American would just be dead from bloodloss.

>Dawn of the Dead (remake) is the best zombie movie ever made.
Take note this is coming from someone that actively watches and posts in the dr who general, has been here for more than a decade and still doesn't understand film beyond "capeshit" sensibilities

A complete and utter plebbo that still has the worst guy as his trip

>Dawn of the Dead (remake) is the best zombie movie ever made

Excuse you.

Should I see this?

I used to watch the original on VHS and liked it a fair bit, Dawn was pretty decent, and Day was my favorite of the three.

But I flicked through the remake on TV and thought it looked good.

pic related
we have no idea how long he was missing an arm, i know infected suffer in the same way people do generally but a lack of pain and increased stamina and adreniline would mean he could live for a while even missing an arm.

>that still has the worst guy as his trip

Stopped reading there. Eko was awesome and top 3 LOST characters.

>Should I see this?

Definitely. You can tell Savini had a lot of fun making it. It's full of cliches but the performances, visuals, music and effects are 10/10.

>thinking there's any real difference between "infected" and "zombies that are the result of an infection passed through blood"
True autism ITT

>literally the only good film he ever made
That's the one you're angry about?

this

the one with the babylon 5 doctor as news anchor? that was awesome

Dumbfuck the running zombies don't change a thing. Muh impending doom, muh limited resources, still exist whether the zombies limp or run.

My problem with this is isn't so much that it's pointless (which it very much is) it's the terrible acting, the needless sub-plots thrown in for no good reason, and the lack of Romero's trademark social commentary and satire. This is just a by the books, give you a few jump scares, horror movie. It just doesn't offer anything more than whats on the surface, and I just expect more from my zombie flicks. I guess I've been spoiled by Romero. The bongs do the running zombie thing a lot better check out the show Dead Set for a much more interesting take on the running dead.

YES! I want to see a whole movie like that. A news anchor slowly receives more info about the outbreak, add in clips of how the world is reacting, etc.

An instant 10/10

Running zombies are immediate doom, not impending

Dread of a distant death, and the suffering of starvation is more powerful than running and being caught by a lame 'infected'. It's on par with a regular murder, zero suspense

Hey dipshit, James Gunn was the one who came up with the running zombies. He was the writer.

Aww yiss, it's this: youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Laj8Yp6w

I'd love a whole movie/show like that and that's what I expected from Fear the Walking Dead. Too bad they time skipped the good stuff.

The news reports said the only way to kill them was by destroying the brain.

>No he didn't dumb shit. Snyder' "zombies" came from a virus.
[citation needed]

>Romero's were zombies because it came from radiation
Not originally

>directors don't have the final word
>when people think of BvS they think of Terrio and Goyer, not Snyder
Wow, you told him

I find running zombies/infected whatever you want to call it way scarier than the slow lumbering zombie idea.

Both have you worrying about starvation and survival.

The other can and will chase you down and rip you apart. That appeals far more to our most primal fears of being chased and eaten by something or someone.

Dawn of the Dead: 9/10
300: 6/10
Watchmen: 7/10
Legend of the Guardians: 6/10
Sucker Punch: 6/10
Man of Steel: 7/10
Batman v Superman: 6/10

Worst director ever, though.

In Night of The Living Dead it was established that the dead were rising from radiation caused by a space probe falling from the sky.

>Dawn of the Dead (remake) is the best zombie movie ever made.

This, in all fucking seriousness.

Gotta love zombie police who flip out whenever they see a movie where zombies behave differently than in Night of the Living Dead.

the news in that world said a lot of things, i watched the extra news footage that came with the special edition waaaay back in the day. They didnt know jack shit.

Granted the writers may have had them be accurate about this zombie thing to help disaude autists argueing about it, but im gunna call em infected till the day my aspie ass dies user. come hell or high fuckign water, zombies dont run.

Wow that's actually really cool.

I liked Dawn of the Dead a fair bit, the opening is solid and so is a lot of the rest of it.

But the whole part about the dude's wife getting bit and them ignoring it was so cliche and contrived for the plot.

Okay, I usually avoid all these threads... BUT HERE I AM!

He's not a bad director, his visual language is excellent. He needs some good scripts coming his way, or he's doomed to fail.

that video is fucking amazing, gave me chills half way through

Since we're all /zombie/ here. Is The Crazies a zombie movie? I mean they didn't even infect people, you only turned if you drank the water, plus they were still smart.

What's the consensus?

Also, some good CGI to support his OTT vision.

Whether you think they're zombies or not they only die by head trauma and the movie never shows otherwise.

>literally just a pedestrian version baysed and berg(peter)
>his visual language is excellent

that's not Dan O'Bannon

i've loved zombies since i was a kid and first saw night of the living dead. i really don't have a problem with zombies behaving differently or trying new things. as long as the overall movie is mostly enjoyable. land of the dead was pretty fucking stupid when the one big black zombie figured out how to use guns or some shit.

>They think it's race riots at first

Nigs gonna nig

kek

We dont know this to be fact, just because they dont wait to see if an infected would bleed out doesnt mean it wouldnt happen. Head just happens to kill both types quickly.

>baysed and berg(peter)
>battleship
>lone survivor
>deepwater horizon

Get the fuck out of here.

>zombies don't move slow/freeze in winter
>zombies skin somehow stays intact years after being dead and walking around in the elements
>zombies randomly "deactivated" until a survivor walks too close to them
>zombies never try and eat animals
>zombie somehow auto follow survivors for miles

Is there a better sidekick for the zombie apocalypse than Ving Rhames?

Nobody is praising snyder.
It started out ironic and then soon enough the idiots of this board took it as true.

thats reno 911 parody show "death valley" did it where freshly turned zombels could sprint and then as time went on they got slower and slower

Anyone in here who could put together an Evan's laugh edit?

28 Months fucking when?

28 years when?

So literally a tv advertisement director.

My body is ready.

Those aren't zombie movies. Those people have the plague.

The extras of DOTD hint that this is a virus as well though

same shit

Zack Snyder is a bad direc-

I agree.

A shambling horde of zombies is more dehumanizing and makes becoming a zombie that more ego-destroying.

faster zombies are scarier cuz the threat is imminent, slower zombies are like cigarettes - they might catch you eventually, but you have years

>We dont know this to be fact
Yes we do. Watch the 20 minute news special. The coroner removed its heart and digestive tract. It still tried eating him.

>I win creative debates if I can do more push ups which I always do because I'm a manlet.

t. triggered nu-male

>meme pl8s

Did you say something? I couldn't hear you down there little guy.

>Look mom I posted it again!
How does lifting weights make Snyder a good director?

>quote unquote "zaddy is a good director"

Why does Zack Snyder trigger nu-males so hard?

>Photographing a 305lb deadlift
Pure cringe. Unless you're hitting 2.5x+ bodyweight or 500lbs+ nobody needs to see your deadlift.

>having a deadlift approximate that of a junior varsity athlete is impressive

There are so many takes on zombies, with varying levels of intelligence that yeah it counts as a zombie movie

Return of the Living Dead is a staple of the genre and it features somewhat intelligent zombies who can speak

please explain clearly how running zombies do not result in the survivors needing to use limited resources to survive long periods of time resulting in it getting worse the longer you live

Nu-males can never understand the mindset of a Tru-Male.

People hate what they don't understand.

Isn't he also the guy who was a pharaoh in Mars Attacks?

WHAT THE FUCK IS A NU-MALE?

The average Marvel fan.

LOOKS LIKE A GAY VEGETA

>Even his personal pictures have the same disgusting filter

Is he retarded, Sup Forums?

It means "someone who said something that triggers meeeee". These babies also like using "Ess Jay Dubya" and "cuck".

Slow zoombies aren't scary.

Why the fuck does anyone actually care about this?

>I'm a nu-male: The Post

i kek'd irl