ITT: favorite movie quotes

ITT: favorite movie quotes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sxz-Y-c2UUc#t=33s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he believes in fairy tales written by goat farmers 2,000 years ago

HHHHEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOO REDDIT!

holy...

Isn't the burden of proof on people who believe in that thing?

yes
Nobody can disprove that the muslim god or the shinto gods or any of the other gods exist, but for some reason "nobody can disprove that my god is the real one" is a valid argument to these people

I can't prove that 27-legged pink unicorns don't exist, but I'm pretty sure they don't

This bait is so good I dont even know who you are trying to bait but Im sure its bait.

Jews in the desert high on peyote wrote a good book back in the day.

It's not. Reddit now unironically embraces religion and mocks atheists

>peyote
Sup mormon

Unicorns have 4 legs, not 27. Checkmate, gaytheists.

That's because its a dumb argument in the first place. Why do they all have to be different gods?

>once upon a time there was a little girl, and her mother told her that God loved her and would always answer her prayers
>the little girl had eyes of the darkest brown, but she didn't want them. She wanted blue eyes.
>so that night she prayed to God, Dear God - please let me have blue eyes
>but in the morning when she awoke, her eyes were still brown.
>The next evening she prayed to God again, Dear God - please let me have blue eyes.
>yet once again when she awoke her eyes were still brown
>on the third night, she prayed again. Dear God - please, please, please can I have blue eyes?
>and yet when she awoke her eyes, as usual, were brown.
>the little girl said to her mother, mother you told me that God loved me and would always answer my prayers, but for the last 3 nights I prayed for blue eyes and still in the morning my eyes are still brown - so God did not answer my prayers.
>and the mother said, oh sweet child, God did answer your prayers but on this occasion he said no

>why can't we all be right about our different, contradictory claims?
fuck off hippy

Because there are religions about multiple gods

>The burden of proof doesnt exist when you make a baseless claim

Hi Sup Forums!

That's assuming we feel the need to prove anything to you, heathen. My faith in God is evidence of God.

Fedoras for everyone!

>My faith in God is evidence of God.

Its a scientific fact that religious people have a lower IQ.

Ironic really.

You first, Reddit!

read some philosophers, they have the proof

>psychology
>science

If there is a God the dudes a massive cunt who is not deserving of any love, admiration or respect at all.

Yes which is why the atheists must disprove God exists because they're the only ones who actually bring this up.

Tell that to the Jehovas who knock on my door once a week, or the nutbags on the street who keep trying to get me to go to a lets love Jesus club

They only bother you because you're a godless heathen.

>what makes non-violence so radical is its unwavering commitment to a non-violent approach

No one can disprove that we're in the Matrix. Does it make it more probable?

Yeah let's just sit on the fence about the infinite amount of stuff that can't be disproved. See where that gets you.

>MSPaint comic
I thought atheists were supposed to be smarter than religious people.

> Universe is causal
> Matter is contingent
> ... The Material Universe was created in and of itself

Atheists do believe in miracles.

If evolution is reel y does monkeys still exist? checkmait afeists

oh g-d i remember when this was posted here non-ironically

Believing in a creator is a longer stretch. The existence of the universe does not necessitate a creator.

That's a human concept. Because everything we make has a design and purpose, we are projecting that onto nature and things we don't understand.

I actually unironically love this movie and it is full of awesome quotes. My favourite is during the dinner party where Kevin Sorbo invites all of his snob professors over. They're all talking about atheism and Greek shit. Then his GF brings them wine, and it turns out that she accidentally left it in the trunk of the car so its spoiled. So anyway the snobs drink it, and one of them goes "Ugh, this wine's been cooked!" to which another one replies "Yeah, talk about your grapes of wrath!" and they all have a stuck up chuckle and she starts crying.

This movie is honest to god so fucking funny.

yo you be talkin pure wack yo we know were we come from yo becus god put us all on noahs boat and we just be chillin out the storm

It's true. At 27 legs it really needs a new name

/r/ing the CIA version of this quote

The more I think about it, the more I believe freedom of belief should not be allowed

There should be a state-funded and state-enforced religion that 98% of people (normies) are indoctrinated in and the 2% who are smart enough to realize the truth are given the reins of power

Without a spiritual component to society people become apathetic hedonists or kill themselves

>all these theists
>suddenly realise why capeshit is so popular on here
>People think they're documentaries

Yes. If you believe in the nonexistence of God, then you must prove He doesn't exist. Religious people however know that it's not about the proof, since faith is about believing without proof. So, in reality, atheists also have as much faith as religious people, but they are just too stupid to realize that.

Can this be the new Baneposting?

Bullshit. That's not an actual quote.

I take it you see yourself in the 2%?

It's scientifically proven people that use anime reaction images have autism too

I don't mind religion until someone starts saying that Noah put all of the dinosaurs on his fucking ark.

Did you just assume God's gender? Please use correct pronouns in the future and check your privelage.

Proof or it didn't happen

There is literally nothing wrong with suicide.
Society's glorification of advancement and utilitarianism is what makes people apathetic.

>science and autism in the same sentence
Keep falling for the globalist schemes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sxz-Y-c2UUc#t=33s

>English majors

Thanks big guy

I would the gay sex with that guy big time.

> i only believe what my mind can understand

the explanation for the existence of the universe would transcend our reason since their is no comparable entity known to us that exists in and of itself.

>Ray Wise AKA Leland Palmer AKA Killer BOB wants to prove that God is dead
I wonder why this evil spirit could possibly want this. This is clearly a satanist conspiracy. Take that atheists.

From the perspective of the state there is everything wrong with suicide.

If everybody came to the same conclusion that suicide is fine and they wanted to do it, there would be no taxpayers, no soldiers, no people producing stuff for the economy.

I'm really not concerned with ethics, so don't bother bringing that up.

stoicism is pretty dope

I wish it was. There are so many more. In the beginning, Kevin Sorbo opens his Philosophy 101 class by detailing a bunch of people and saying "all these geniuses are atheists!" and he begins the class by making everyone write GOD'S NOT DEAD and signing their name on it. He does this because as rational intelligent people, they don't need to discuss fairy tales so he says if they can just acknowledge this, they can skip this unit and just go to the next.
So as he is collecting the papers, one by one, he gets to one and he goes "Ah, lower case "G". Perhaps I should give you extra credit?" and has a laugh to himself.

After that he has one student publicly defend himself from his abuse, and challenges his presentation, and says something like "I just popped the ENTIRE balloon of your argument with a single pin prick!"

Honorable mentions include "GOD DOES EXIST IN THIS CLASSROOM: AND I AM HIM!" and when Dean Cain dumps his girlfriend because she tells him she has cancer.

This movie is honestly more likely tongue in cheek and very self aware. It's so funny I have a hard time believing that the makers were not aware of what they were doing.

>I will snatch every mother fucker birthday.

>This movie is honestly more likely tongue in cheek and very self aware
It really isn't. Evangelicals ate that shit up unironically and the people who made it were convinced they were doing God's work.

atheist retards BTFO yet again by Sup Forums intellectuals.

My faith in you being a pedophile faggot is evidence of you being a pedophile faggot.

>It's CURRENT YEAR and people still believe in a magical ongo bongo man in the sky

mad

I'm honest to god not convinced of that. There are so many great jokes and hilarious moments, the director at the very least must have been aware of what was going on. Sure, religious people eat it up unironically but you will have a hard time convincing me that the director or writers weren't constantly winking to the camera at those willing to see.

If you honestly just watch the movie you'll see what I mean.

>The existence of the universe does not necessitate a creator.

Source: My Ass

Gods not dead 3 when ?

Does anyone ever actually say god's dead? As an atheist I by definition do not believe in a god, so how can I believe that it died? These are the questions that keep us up at night.

>HHHHEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOO REDDIT!

It's the otherway around, newfag.

This is also a quote from the movie, close to the climax:

Josh Wheaton (yes, the main character's name is actually Josh Wheaton): WHY DO YOU HATE GOD?

Kevin Sorbo: BECAUSE HE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!

Josh Wheaton: How can you hate something... that doesn't exist?

*mic drop*

Now change the story to a starving african kid asking for food

I have no horse in this race. If God is real, cool. If he isn't, also cool. Not going to live my life following a religious text, but I am not going to judge anyone why does, nor am I going to vehemently deny that he exists. It is a personal choice to be religious that anyone has the right to make.

Its a cultural definition rather than a literal on. It implys the collapse of societys convictions and identity.

can someone find my time machine
I have a sweet burn I upvoted for just this situation saved somewhere around there....

OK user you've convinced me to watch the film, is the sequel just as funny?

hello

where's chin?

thank

REDDIT HHHHEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOO

>born in a christian country
>raised to believe in christianity
>happen to be a christian
>the other thousands of religions are all wrong

>born in a muslim country
>raised to believe in muslim
>happen to be a muslim

>born in a pagan country
>raised to believe in pagan
>happen to be a pagan

Who is right?

>God's Not Dead 3: Revenge of the Sin
>God's Not De4d
>God's Not Dead: Resurrection

actually recent science discoveries make the possibility of a creator very plausible

Christian countries have contributed more to the world and been more successful than other tough.

None of them. Only those born in Hindu countries gain entry to heaven or what ever the Hindus believe in

>once upon a time there was a little african girl, and her mother told her that God loved her and would always answer her prayers
>the little girl had no food and was starving. She wanted food.
>so that night she prayed to God, Dear God - please let me have food
>but in the morning when she awoke, there was no food.
>The next evening she prayed to God again, Dear God - please let me have food.
>yet once again when she awoke there was still no food
>on the third night, she prayed again. Dear God - please, please, please can I have some food?
>and yet when she awoke the food, as usual, was missing.
>the little black girl said to her mother, mother you told me that God loved me and would always answer my prayers, but for the last 3 nights I prayed for food and still in the morning my stomache is still empty - so God did not answer my prayers.
>and the mother said, oh sweet child, God did answer your prayers but on this occasion he said no

>he uploaded a picture of himself
>ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOOOOLDIERS

Yes, but all one can argue for with that line of reasoning is agnosticism. If I were to say "There is a mountain beyond that horizon" without any proof, you could say "But user, there's no proof that there is a mountain over the horizon. I have no reason to believe that there is one." However, it's not impossible that a mountain exists there, and it may be true or false. So you haven't proved that the mountain doesn't exist, really, just that I have no logical reason to believe it does.

I don't necessarily agree with above, but that's what I think Evangelicals and crazy Protestants are arguing

Checkmate, atheists.

Because life is subjective. There could be multiple gods because everyone sees things differently, both literally and metaphorically. How can you prove to a color blind person that a certain color is what you say it is, or to a blind man that you can push some buttons and it turns into letters on a screen?

That's a big quote

it's actually pretty easy to do if you narrow it to Yahweh from the Torah which nearly every Abrahamic religion bases their shitty ideas of 'god' on.

Documentary hypothesis alone proves that Yahweh is not even the greatest god in the original Hebrew pantheon, and that Asherah or El was certainly considered more powerful and just. Redactions which are self evident in the text make it clear that the original religion rapidly mutated from polytheism (elohim - a plural of gods) to Goddess worship to a form of Egyptian/Babylonian style monotheism which also supposed other gods did exist but were evil and then finally after the Roman destruction of the Jewish temple and no means of reconstructing it even to this day while the 'chosen people' were constantly persecuted and faced pogroms and internment camps that even their relatively new conception of Yahweh had completely abandoned them.

If you consider ANY of the descriptions of Yahweh found in the OT as valid in any way - then yes God died sometime in the middle ages.

>How can you prove to a color blind person that a certain color is what you say it is
wavelengths
>or to a blind man that you can push some buttons and it turns into letters on a screen?
text-to-speech

my mom told me this once pic related is me

>I has

If God is dead why didn't He have a funeral? Michael Jackson had a public memorial service and he molested kids. God's done far worse but he didn't get a peep, therefore he cannot have died and therefore he is still alive. I think my argument stands for itself.