Duncan Jones' MUTE - will it be better than Blade Runner 2049?

>A mute bartender goes up against his city's gangsters in an effort to find out what happened to his missing girlfriend.
>starring Alexander Skarsgard and Paul Rudd
>set in the same universe as 'Moon'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=99pz429OgIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its a Netflix movie, not sure how to feel about that

>Skarsgard
>In-universe with MOON

I'm on fucking board

Sam Rockwell's character from Moon will factor into the movie

Warcraft was so bad that Hollywood won't even finance his next movie?

>and Paul Rudd
bin it

The aesthetics seem really good, I like the neon 80s vibe

Sounds like some bullshit written by a woman.

I garuntee you if you and i met i would fucking break you then see you talking about whats being written by what gender you cunt

That's fucking hilarious.

ITT:retards and those that enable them

OMG DUDE! MOON!!

I LOVE CINEMATIC UNIVERSES THAT MAKE ME LOOK SMART LOL!! MOOOOOON! SO EPIC

>Alexander SkarsgÄrd in charge of "acting"
No thanks.

I WATCH ALL SCIFI SO THIS IS HAPPENING EVEN IF ITS SHIT

DUDE OKAY, DUDE WAIT, SO

CLONES LMAO

IN SPAAAAAAAAAAACE!

DUDE FUCK STAR WARS IM WATCHING THIS HECKA COOL SHIT
OMG DUDE ME TOO GOD ISNT REAL BTW
UPVOTE

Fuck off, Moon was actually good.
youtube.com/watch?v=99pz429OgIc

Why did they change the synopsis? This was the old one.

>Berlin. Forty years from today. A roiling city of immigrants, where East crashes against West in a science-fiction Casablanca. Leo Beiler, a mute bartender has one reason and one reason only for living here, and she's disappeared. But when Leo's search takes him deeper into the city's underbelly, an odd pair of American surgeons seem to be the only recurring clue, and Leo can't tell if they can help, or who he should fear most.
>featuring Seyneb Saleh, Florence Kasumba and Gilbert Owuor (pictured)

Yeah, totally never been done before, really makes sense considering the setting

I want it to be good. I really do.

I'm kinda interested in the fact that his career trajectory is almost exactly the same as Adam Wingard's at the moment.

>First movie was an unconventional indie hit that launched him into the mainstream (Moon, You're Next)
>second movie is as good, but despite a higher budget isn't as noticed or well known (Source Code, The Guest)
>Third movie is an absolute fucking trainwreck adaptation of an original property that devastates Hollywood opinions of them (Warcraft, Blair Witch)
>Now, with Hollywood no longer an option, they turn to Netflix to finance and distribute their projects that have serious potential to be either fantastic or pure shit (Mute, Death Note)

I can't be the only one that's noticed this, right?

I have a hard-on for cyberpunk aesthetic, and it's nice to see it becoming popular in film (GiTS, Blade Runner 2049)

I just hope we figure out how to innovate on it before it gets stale.

What the fuck is this autism

interesting, didn't notice that. I feel like thats the way it works nowadays. You have these indie directors who make these small films but then are given major properties and only sometimes are they a financial/critical success.

Exactly. Thing is it's been working out for a lot of movies.

Jurassic World, Kong Skull Island, Godzilla 2014, all huge properties directed by indie dudes with only one or two big hits before it.

Theory behind it is that they're easier to control.

>Its a Netflix movie
It is? Huh, when did that happen?

I'm looking forward to it, Jones has a pretty good track record so far.

>CHINKCRAFT
>GOOD RECORD

>Theory behind it is that they're easier to control.

For sure. Thats why Marvel hires a lot of TV directors or directors who have only done smaller things or comedies. For a lot of these movies its about executing the vision of the producers/studio as opposed to the director's.

You're Next wasn't Wingard's first movie though. It was like his fifth or sixth.

But when they fuck up, they fuck up big time.

>2007
>studios refuse to back a Halo movie at the height of the series popularity with Neil Blomkamp as director even with the backing of Peter Jackson and an awesome scifi short film under his belt
>2017
>any hack fresh outta film school can get massive franchises handed to them in genres they've shown no ability to direct

W T F