Does Sup Forums like this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OkmoLGt45Qk
youtu.be/2wSKVMDZwCk
youtu.be/T4ALNnImsmU
nationalreview.com/article/436431/de-palma-artist-celebrity
youtube.com/watch?v=UYFTbzREY7M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a great film and one of DePalma's best!!!FACT!!!

GRIIIIIFFFIIIIIITTTHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Berserk reference)

I love it. The songs are incredible. The Hell of It, Old Souls, Faust and the song Suspiria sings in her audition are great.

Femto did nothing wrong

haha griffith why u do that!! :D

Berserk fags are cancer

It's great film but we can never talk about it because of weaboo faggots

HAHA OMG MY SHITTY MEDIUM OF CHOICE CHRONICALLY RIPS OFF WESTERN CHARACTER DESIGNS XD

Griffith did nothing wrong

Next time you want a Phantom of the Paradise thread don't use the berserk bait as an image

I'm somewhat disappointed that there are no bags in this image

fucking this

youtube.com/watch?v=OkmoLGt45Qk

This probably one of my favorite sequences in any film ever and it's from a campy 70's musical/horror

What's with all the Phantom of the Paradise threads lately? Did some shitty youtuber talk about it or something? Or is it just because people discovered Berserk took inspiration from it and want to run the joke into the ground?

Also Bugsy Malone is pretty good too.

PHOENIX A CUTE

>SOMEONE FOUND OUT ABOUT MY SPECIAL SECRET FILM REE IT MUST BE YOUTUBE OR ANIMES FAULT

Fuck off, you miserable cunt

Did you even read his post, dumbass? All he did was ask why the same thread keeps getting spammed.

Is Brian De Palma the only director that can do splitscreen right?

no. its meme garbage for nu males snobs

>no bags
>no boats

GRIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

>BUZZWORDS BUZZWORDS BUZZWORDS

De Palma is super overrated, but this along with Blow Out and Carrie are really great. Obsession is also really underrated and better than Dressed to Kill.

no really boy, every single word i said has a description

I WAS NOT MYSELF LAST NIGHT COULDN'T SET THINGS RIGHT WITH APOLOGIES OR FLOWERS

>meme garbage

yeah anytime I go on normiebook my grandmother is bombarding me with phantom of the paradise memes, what utter tripe

>meme
A meme a neologism coined by Richard Dawkins, is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture"
>garbage
a thing that is considered worthless or meaningless.
cry me a river cakeboy

I like this one better.

Griffith did nothing wrong

Implying it's not posted specifically for veiled berserk thread

>cry me a river cakeboy
>no really boy

No we're not all from Sup Forums, where you should fuck off back to

>he mad
lmao bet youre a whitey

>It's an anime fans are only capable of spouting memes endlessly episode

Berserk isn't your typical anime,

LITERALLY DID NUFFIN WRONG

b-baka

>watching either of the anime series

I know, I've read it and yet for all that material the fans can only ever scream "GRIFFITH DID NUTHIN WRONG HAHA GUYS"

MEMES

MEMES

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES MEMES MEMES MEMES MEEEEEEMES MEMESMEMESMEMESMEMESMEMES MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES

MEEEEEEEEMES

>it's a OP gets butthurt because he gets memed on episode

good post

FUCK LED ZEPPELIN

who's the nigger supposed to be

MIMIDDITYMAMIDDITYMEMEROOOOOOOOS

Fuck berserk. why dont you read a book or watch an actual kino instead of this japanese cartoon for kids arounnd 12

ITS VERY MATURE THE BIG MAN WHO SWING SWORD SOMETIMES CRIES

Because too many Berserk fans are blaming Griffith for doing something entirely reasonable.

This and the Abominable Dr.Phibes are 70's campkino

Fuck Rocky Horror

>Phantom of the Paradise
It inspired the Knight of Darkness from Ideal's Zeroids/STAR Team toy line which was designed before Darth Vader became a thing and crushed everything

You mean sacrificing his allies to demons, raping Casca, and tearing up the boundary between the astral plane and the material one all because he wanted his own kingdom?

You can really tell that Vader was inspired by Phantom of the Paradise Lucas probably saw this in '74 (same year he was writing Star Wars)

>Black cape
>leather suit
>raspy breathing/damaged voice
>the helmet
>weird control module on the chest with red and blue blinking lights

all that seems pretty generic, but at the time it wasn't and all the elements together are very specific

Aside from the control module on the chest the rest of that just falls under generic "Demon King" villain shit even at the time

>this

Griffith is a insufferable turncoat faggot

And let's not forget that fucking sweet ROD SERLING voice over intro!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/2wSKVMDZwCk

Donovan aka every character other than Guts

Gorgeous looking but a horrible actress. She seems emotionally disabled in everything she's in

Seems that way. I wish Directors would use split-screen and POV shots more. They're one of the reasons why I love DePalma's work soo much!!!FACT!!!

Phantom of the Opera is much better and you fags can stick your weaboo shit up your assess.

>Lucas probably saw this in '74

Lucas and DePalma were friends back then and even did casting calls for Star wars and Carrie at the same time, that's right, every actor in Carrie was considered for Star Wars!!!FACT!!!

Jessica Harper is naked in Inserts (great little movie), hot and cute, so what if she wasn't that good an actress? The only think I hate about her is that she married that slimy cocksucker Joe Rothman who ran 20th Century Fox for 20 years!!!FACT!!!

>John Travolta as Luke Skywalker

I can see this happening

just leave capekino to me

It's the only De Palma movie that doesn't rip off Hitchcock or something else so yeah it's pretty good

>no really boy

Was that personal, kid?

Travola would have made a solid Han but William Katt was in the running for Luke. Imagine Nancy Allen as Leah?!?FACT!!!

>Travola would have made a solid Han
lol no

>Come on luke, I'll jerk you off

>doesn't rip off something else

It's literally Faust vs The Phantom

Griffith is literally a reference to Phantom of the Paradise though

DELETE THIS.

How in the hell did they get Rod Serling to do a voice over for a rock opera parody of the Phantom of the Opera

I guess this is important somehow?

>Sup Forums had a twilight zone thread once
>go to it
>watch one episode
>hooked
>my backlog just tripled in size

DePalma's greatest strength, his visual style, has always been his weakness like a lot of other Directors such as Martin Scorsese, Ridley Scott etc.... Without a strong script they rely too much on the visuals. I love DePalma but, yeah, I've never been impressed with his Hitchcock ripoff films (Sisters, Dressed to Kill, Blow Out (itself a ripoff of Antonioni's Blow Up), Raising Cain etc...) nor do I like the way he even rips himself off occasionally; Carrie>The Fury/ Casualties of War>Redacted.

My top five DePalma flicks would be....

1 Carrie
2 Scarface
3 Phantom of the paradise
4 The Untouchables
5 Mission: Impossible

If you all get a chance, check out the 2015 doc DEPALMA for a good overview of his career but the three best books about him are...

Brian De Palma: Interviews (Conversations with Filmmakers Series) by Laurence F. Knapp

Rod wasn't that picky at that stage in his career never mind that he died a year later!!!FACT!!!

The Twilight Zone is the best TV show ever made. Here's a link to a must watch doc on Serling!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/T4ALNnImsmU

I wouldn't imagine you would do anything different if you were put in the same situation as he was and had the offer of being made a literal god.

And Falconia is a way better place to live than the previous kingdoms who ravaged the lands during their never-ending wars.

WE'LL REMEMBER YOU FOREEeeeeeVER EEEEEDDIE

thankyou

Brain de Palma's Rocky Horror Picture Show

>came out a year before Rocky Horror

What did he mean by this?

MOTHERFUCKER DIE DIE DIE DIE

If that documentary is the same one /ourguy/ is covering here it's shit: nationalreview.com/article/436431/de-palma-artist-celebrity

It's objectively better.

>rocky horror is about a transexual vampire who wants to create the perfect boytoy
>phantom of paradise manages to be gayer
how is it even possible, bros?

>he hasn't already seen every episode of The Twilight Zone a dozen times during the 4th of July and New Year's Eve marathons

Phoenix of the Paradise is goat kino

>If that documentary is the same one /ourguy/ is covering here it's shit: nationalreview.com/article/436431/de-palma-artist-celebrity

That person cites The Fury as DePalma's best movie thus his opinion is irrelevant. The doc is good but brief considering DePalma's career spans 50 years. OOPS, noticed that "Armond White" wrote that "review" and he's a stupid cocksucker!!!FACT!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=UYFTbzREY7M

Armond White is a genius. He's our Harold Bloom.

The 70s was definitely the best decade for young film makers , It looks like you could get funding for any film you wanted

Maybe he shouldn't have been a little bitch that lost to Guts and had a retarded little internal crisis and went and raped a princess and then got his stupid ass captured then.
Maybe if he didn't fuck up his whole life he wouldn't have been in that tough jam.

It's good, but it could have been 10/10 with a few small changes. Giving the replacement rocker more screentime and adding some more higher energy songs would have been great
Still enjoyable, but eclipsed by Rocky Horror for a good reason

Rocky Horror is literally a meme flick though, It's something you grow out of when you're 16

Childhood is idolizing Rocky. Adulthood is realizing Phantom was better. Maturity is recognizing that Shock Treatment is superior to both.

just because reddit likes something doesn't mean it's automatically bad

Who mentioned Reddit?

>Is there anyone in this rout with authority to treat with me?