I thought they were supposed to be good at hockey and curling?

I thought they were supposed to be good at hockey and curling?

Who fucking cares. Shuster is a god among men who deserves this more than anyone. Thank you Based Shuster.

I'm sorry, did Canada's men's ice hockey team lose already? That's right, they haven't. You have.

Canada's men's hockey team is currently busy playing in their professional league along with the American team.

Yes, to Czech

comes down to luck in a shootout desu

I want Shuster to win desu
Been a long time coming

AKA a 350m pop. nation that plays hockey couldnt scrounge up a team to make it to the semis and a 35m pop. nation could

You'll be saying the same thing that I said when you fail to win gold

nah, because if we dont win gold it will be against nations that have skilled players in euro leagues that aren't locked out of the olympics, i have an excuse for every outcome buddy
the fact that over 60% of the NHL is from tiny Canada and we still managed to outperform a nation 10x the size of ours with the same handicap just makes me giggle internally

>comparing populations like hockey is anywhere as popular in the US as Canada
WEW LAD

A nation of 320mil of which roughly 10 mil actually care about hockey.

>womens hockey
who cares?

Dang we couldn’t field a competitive team for our 5th most popular sport when all the people who care about it couldn’t play

this, r right?

A shitty excuse. The miracle on ice team was amateur collegiate athletes. We fucked up, it's ok to admit.

hockey isn't a sport

>Women's Hockey

The only one (outside of some of the families of the athletes) who is devastated by this is Justin Trudeau

This

Gary Bettman should have his balls slowly crushed in a vice for this BS.

tbf the combined population of Minnesota and New England is under 25 million

>Leafs can't refuse this

If you're willing to humor me for a second, what happened to Canada last night is akin to what happened to the USA in 2006. They sent a team of veterans (previous Olympians who won gold in 98 and silver in 02) to the games thinking they had it sewn up to finish top 2. What happened was they hot out hustled by a younger faster team in the semis and ended up finishing with a bronze. After that loss it prompted US hockey to recruit younger faster players and an emphasis on skill was added. Now that emphasis on skill, speed and youth has payed off. It really should have payed off in 2014 because you guys were better for 60 minutes until overtime. Canada will now have to look at their program and figure out the problem. America could see their was a problem so I hope Canada does too.

That you can afford

>Overslept
>Missed Canada getting Shusted

JUST

>Muslims playing hockey

Nope

why are canadians on such damage control

What do you mean? What unsaid still stands. USA has been dominant from age 16 to 25 for several years now. It was about time they won and frankly I'm glad they did. It forces Canada to get better to give them a good showing in 2022.

See y'all in China in 4 years. Hopefully the mens side will have NHLers there this time.

I doubt it.

I certainly hope not.

the NHL is one of the richest sports leagues in the world you pleb, it's much more popular than sawker

>bbbut is black people liked hockey we'd be good
top cuck

China is a big market that NHL wants to showcase too. I think they'll go.

You don't want to see McDavid, Kane, and Crosby go up against each other?

>You don't want to see McDavid, Kane, and Crosby go up against each other?
They do that in the NHL.

You won't see McDavid on Crosby's wing going against Matthews and Eichel in the same game in the NHL

That's fine. I won't see it if it's on at 2:30am on a work night either. And it would be the only decent game of the tournament because everything else would be seal clubbing. You want to put real hockey on a two week break for one decent game of yuro "please don't hurt me" hockey? No thank you.

Of course I do. Why wouldn't I want to take a measly two week break to see the best in the world go against each other? I don't understand how you don't find the best nations playing hockey exciting.

>I don't understand how you don't find the best nations playing hockey exciting.
Because it's boring and predictable. And you can watch the best players in the world play every single night. International hockey's for casuals.

Honestly, when it comes to mens curling i've been rooting for USA since the very beginning because I think they have an amazing team compiled for this installment of the winter olympics.

Truth be told though, I was hoping our ladies would win gold in Hockey, but I'm not surprised that we lost to USA. Watching the cameras pan the Canuck ladies crying in defeat was heartbreaking, though i'm sure some of you had a great laugh out of it.

I can't think of a more admirable team to lose to in the olympics.

Oh well, USA kicked the CAN ladies asses this year. GG USA, you deserve the gold after spilling that much sweat and blood over hockey.

The only people getting a laugh from it are either "fans" once every 4 years or non educated foreigners who don't have a horse in the race. Every American player and fan deserves to hold their head high today because they proved without a doubt they were the better team for that game. Every Canadian player and fan should also hold their head high that they were excellent for 16 years straight. That kind of dominance is unprecedented in sports

we suck at hockey, and we suck at curling

I blame Trudeau for cucking our nation and making us all a bunch of pussy hat-wearing fags

This Tbh. When Trudeau wasn't PM Canada won things with conviction.

How'd your hockey team do in the real competition?

Well Trudeau did say that if we lose we win.

>How'd your hockey team do in the real competition?
The NHL? They're doing alright. Should stay above the wildcard race until the end of the season.

>a memeout in womens hockey
Who the fuck cares lol even if >we won gold I still wouldn't give a shit

How so?

I'm sorry Finland has 4 total medals at the Olympics. That's cute. The US has 21 so suck on that Sven

>the fact that over 60% of the NHL is from tiny Canada and we still managed to outperform a nation 10x the size of ours
You have more ice hockey players than the entire USA.

Canada does, frankly. At least, some Canadians do. Their double golds in hockey were a huge deal in past Olympics.

this
USA won the only tournament where the best players were allowed to play

>Sven

Fuck, that is mean

A very level-headed post.

currently fighting for a wild card spot in a tough division :^)

Actually, many Canadians in this thread are being very cool. I knew I liked you guys.

Well i try to be non-bias. I'm happy some of the USA veterans won if only because this may be their last olympics and it would suck to that good for that long and come out empty handed. I hope this goes along way to grow the women's game and hockey in general in the US. cheers

I've spent the last 2 weeks watching every hockey game being played in these olympics so I can tell you i'm happy you guys won. you were the best team the entire tournament and it showed when it came down to crunch time

if we get this amount of forced 'banter' for this i can't wait for the US soccer team to choke in the women's world cup

>caring about divegrass

I went to bed with them down 2-1. It was looking like another choke against Canada. I'm glad to see them win (even with a gimmick), but the sport needs to grow outside North America.

Good luck on the men's side. That'll be a hell of an accomplishment if they win gold without their NHL studs.

kinda my point my man

it's women's sport after all hardly something to get riled up over (but apparently some can't help themselves)

Yeah. A bad line change cost them but realistically, the US were pushing the pace in the 3rd trying to tie and Canada was playing not to lose. The game should have ended in OT with a goal instead of shootout. it would have been much more epic imo.

The mens' team have certainly proven that they don't care about the names on the back but the crest on the front. I was pulling for America because like the womens team, they also play a fast offensive style. thanks for the kind words ameribro

no I mean like, caring about divegrass in general.

hockey is the GOAT team sport and I'm not lying when I say I'd watch a women's league like I do NHL if there was a nationally televised professional women's league.

but soccer fucking sucks men or women

Kind of agreed actually. A good hockey game is entertaining as hell.

>but soccer fucking sucks men or women
Indisputable.