DUDE

DUDE
SKILLS COMPETITIONS DECIDING GOLD MEDAL GAMES
LMAO

That’s just the way shit happens with sports that are televised. There needs to be a winner in a reasonable window of time.

Remember the World Cup???

Yea it's horrible. Just play until you win, it literally is the last game of the Olympics for the women's hockey team.

it happens in the world cup, in the champions league and nobody complains then

Instead of complaining why don't you think of a better alternative and express your opinion rationally?

play until you win or don't play at all

canada was fading in the third and gone in OT. america would have continued to wear them down. if we won this thread would be a pro-canada shitpost

>That’s just the way shit happens with sports that are televised.
Except the entire NHL postseason.

>That’s just the way shit happens with sports that are televised.
Except for all of baseball for its entire history.

based baseball wins again

Didn't canada win gold the same way 4 years ago?
Where were you then, op?

>Didn't canada win gold the same way 4 years ago?
No.

Its bullshit they need to allow hitting and have the medal games be endless overtime. Let the ladies fucking play

Except for you SEETHING

No that was in OT

>be completely 100% wrong
>w-well you're angry at how wrong I was probably
Makes sense. Also the NBA and NFL have overtime all season too.

Grapes will love this.

Nobody cares about women's hockey. We're going to steamroll Germany and then probably beat the Czechs or the OARs in the final.

How badly did the US outshoot Canada in the 3rd and especially OT? Seemed like the US was on a powerplay the entire OT and even got a shot on net when shorthanded at the end.

US was winning that game either way, or at least deserved to. Better team.

>Nobody cares about women's hockey.
The yankee men couldn't make it to the semi-finals so this is all they have.

>amateur hockey

You know the Canadian men aren't winning gold without NHL players just like the US aren't going to medal without them, so you point to semi-finals lol.

My only complaint is that they should do 5 or whatever shots each shootout rather than the sudden death one shot each

>amateur hockey
Show me the amateur players, fatso.
You casuals stroll into a hockey thread once every 4 years and pretend you know what you're talking about. It's adorable.

Who cares, it's women's hockey.

What I want to see is oar win the gold medal in men's hockey against the Canucks, because it will be hilarious to see Russia win its first gold since Soviet times, and not be able to claim said medal. Seeing Canucks butthurt is always fun too.

>cheering for an allstar team

i don't blame you for cheering for the russian's because they are playing the czechs but come on man.

>so you point to semi-finals
I think he's pointing to the fact that you're not in them. Didn't you guys go 1-2 in the group stage? Ouch.

>wominz hockey

the tournament was basically 2 teams

It's not their fault Bettman and the NHL owners are retarded, besides there are Canadians from the khl on your team...so wtf are you complaining about?

>asshurt Canadiacucks

DUDE
A FUCKING LEAF
LMAO

R E N T F R E E

To any Canadians in here, are people in your cunt upset that NHL guys won't play? Any articles online that I can read?

>are people in your cunt upset that NHL guys won't play?
Goodness gracious.

I know they probably are, I'm just wondering if it's been talked about in ur news

Some of my friends are boycotting the games and refuse to watch any events on account of the IOC. The rest simply don't care much and might catch a game if it's not on at some weird time and not at the same time as an NHL game.

>cunt
Stop forcing this.

bro who cares its womens hockey

>go to sleep SEETHING
>wake up SEETHING

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

agreed

Is cunt just short for country now? I don't care for that.
Casual hockey fans are miffed about it, but I think the sports media (for the most part) took a more nuanced stance on it. From the NHL owners point of view it doesn't make much sense to stop your season during that golden time after football ends and before baseball begins. And if you're fighting to stay in the wildcard race this time of year the last thing you need is one of your star players taking an injury like the one Tavares took at Sochi that ended his NHL season.
The owners have the better argument, frankly.

kek

fuck I don't want to root for the Russian dopers...
but Canadians are being such sore losers about this that now I have to.

so get fucked leafs. congrats on making me hate you more than the goddamn Russians.

>congrats on making me hate you more than the goddamn Russians.
You're fat.

*wipes poutine gravy onto his shirt*

We will rig your elections in favour of Democrats and Oprah now lol

>*drips biscuit gravy onto his chins*

>gets dominated in OT
>thinks they would have had a better chance of winning if they got another OT rather than a shootout
Okay

I don't like gravy tbqh

>I don't like gravy
Not even turkey gravy on mashed potatoes?

no
I only want butter or salt on my potatoes

Surely you put gravy on the stuffing.

>gravy on the stuffing
why would you want soggy stuffing though

just give me the potatoes, a hunk of turkey, and some peas ok? also a piece of lefse or a dinner roll

Reddit Americans are the dumbest fucking posters. Canada is 100% right.

hope the americans pulled out beer and cigars to rub it in like the cancucks did

Thanks friend, the real hockey happens in April

Hardly sounds like living, to be honest.

hheeehe yeah

>oilers fan

Canada got into deep shit for that if i remember. something about open liquor and promoting smoking to kids.

>why aren't you eating what I like REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lmao keep crying like all your salty women’s athletes

there was talk of how Poulin was actually drinking underage since it was in BC, but seeing as how she just scored 2 goals in the final to win gold on home ice everyone told those people to fuck off

There's about a 25% chance you're wrong!

I don't like it either, but it's not new. The Czech men won gold that way back in '98.

>IIHF has used shootout since 1992
>all of a sudden its a problem for OP

I bet you weren't even old enough to understand what a shootout was in 1992.
stay mad YOU FUCKING LOST

I am just as pissed about a game being decided by a shootout as the next person but consider the following.

That game had shitty reffing, most against Canada but we didn't get a huge penalty when we actually deserved it (the head shot hit). The bad change goal for USA was incredible even though the shot was kind of lame and just went under the glove, nothing fancy.

The overtime was as lazy as can be with shift changes every twenty seconds and nothing happening.

The entire game after that first goal was mind blowing and I was shaking and nervous the entire time. That shootout was incredible, the goals were fucking awesome, at least one for each team was NHL tier stick handling. This couldn't have ended any better for both teams even if Canada won. We have nothing to be ashamed of because that was some great Hockey.