Ali Shareef Al-Emadi: "We are spending $500m per week on capital projects."

>Ali Shareef Al-Emadi: "We are spending $500m per week on capital projects."
>More than $200bn will be spent in total by the gas-rich Emirate in preparation for 2022

how does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zSJrrf6MCyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's going to be the best World Cup ever.

what are they going to do with the stadiums when the wc finishes?

turn them into mosques

Tear them down.

youtube.com/watch?v=zSJrrf6MCyI

i have distant arab ancestry so that makes me feel good.
and the fact that normies hate qatar 22 makes my schadenfreude levels high

It makes me angry how rich these people are. Its embarrassing and they all just spend it the most ostentatious way possible. L-lets make the stadiums GOLD! Wow! The rich really do have a threadholes chance of getting to heaven.

Your arab ancestors are either syrians/iraqis or maghrebis, not qataris

think of all the useful stuff you could spend $200bn on

and then think of a world cup hosted in a suitable location

Maybe they want a rich Arab superleague. Why buy Man City all the way in England, when you can have Man City at home.

cringe

think of all the useful stuff you could spend $200bn on
How many dabs can 2000 Pogbas produce?

What value does that distinction have when panarabism incorporates all the of the gulf states and arguably Egypt?

>i have distant arab ancestry
>that flag

would chuckle in the dark loneliness of my apartment again/10

me in the back

there were syrians in europe before the reconquista? legit question, i forgot my history classes.
my surname has a spanish origin dating from 1400 or so, which in turn has a arab origin - hence my arab heritage

and I bet the workers are still glorified slaves despite it all

Makes me feel intrigued tbqh

>flag
of course you do

The ummayads were syrian arabs yeah originally they are from arabia but they lived in syria for a long time and then wemt to iberia. What's your family name? I understand arabic.

all that expense and they're probably paying about $500 a week in labour costs

and you think european immigration policy is lax

too bad italy is missing out T.T

Having a middle eastern nation host a major event will probably be good for the world, especially if our horrible allies (israel + saudi + egypt) flip out about it because of muh brotherhood

La creatura...

This is what nations can achieve when they don't drink alcohol

w w what will happen after the games end?

the real games begin

/thread

browner than you, antwan

i'm a castle hehehe

alcreatura*

t. alhacen alcacer

>mfw it will bankrupt Qatar
Can't wait for it to happen!

You most likely have Arab ancestry from 600 years ago. It is mathematically likely, since if you take one couple in the year 1418, then multiply by 2 for 2 children every 25 years until the year 2018, your number of ancestors is about 33.5million. 2 children every 25 years as a generation is a conservative estimate on the birth rate. If you were to go back 700 years, the number of your ancestors would exceed the population of today's EU. Also, you are Portuguese, which has a long history of trade and influx, especially during the dates outlined. If you were an eskimo, this might be different. So even without citing a major event or demographic shift, the chances of you having some sneaky Arabs in your bloodline is very high.

And that goes for you too.

But the point should be that celebrating or noting any kind of "heritage" that far back is completely pointless.

well considering arabs were a minority in places like the peninsula and north africa, no he most likely doesn't. if anything he might have a distant NA ancestor somewhere or frankly, none at all.

Indifferent.
I wont see any return on investment and whether the world cup is there, here, the jungles of borneo, its still going to happen sooooo...
yeahhhhh....

Admitting they were a minority suggests it's even more likely. 33.5million people. Just one needs to be an Arab.

>if anything he might
Do you not understand the scale? He might have Chinese and Nigerian ancestry too.

$200bn on a WC? Isn't the 2nd highest expenditure like 1/100 of that?

i have no idea where the fuck you pulled this 33.5million people number from and then decided to say someone has a possible 33.5 million ancestors but it's garbage. and in a society where religions were very much segregrated where again, arabs were a minority makes your argument flimsy, if they were a majority it would be very much more likely.

>i have no idea where the fuck you pulled this 33.5million people number from
Just read the post again. It's not difficult.

Your assuming ancestors keep doubling every generation. That's not exactly how things work considering its very likely that you married a distant relative, especially in the old days.

Absolutely. If you take this formula back about 1200 years, you exceed the number of humans there have ever been. Everyone's bloodlines overlap somewhere. However, there's a lot of room for others. That's the point. It's just very likely.

yes, you're not in it.

At least they take it seriously

>English vs German fans fighting in the desert

Why do we not want this again

2018 =/= 2022

They won't be wrong though

I don't care at all about the politics or money. I will watch the games regardless.

I’d move there tomorrow if islam weren’t there.

>It's the world cup final
>Germany vs. england
>stadium getss blown up and 50k people die
>WW3 starts
I can't wait

all the blacks vs all the whites

More like Nigs/whites vs. Muslim

What about the vietnamese?

I can't wait another four years for a racewar.

>tf
>tp