Why is it that whenever a film or show fails to gain popularity because of its poor quality, they blame "trolls"?

Why is it that whenever a film or show fails to gain popularity because of its poor quality, they blame "trolls"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoat?wprov=sfla1
youtube.com/watch?v=mp_2aaA999A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublespeak#Origins_and_concepts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoat?wprov=sfla1

>(((Hollywood)))

Lmao. Fuck they really do hate mediums the don't control.

Jews are literally going REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

>Sup Forums
>organized

kek those fags can't even count to 10

ONE

TWO

FOUR

THREE

5IVE

FUCK

JEWS

network neutrality has already ended, this is just how they're going to justify shutting down the free internet

It's those damn alt-righters from Reddit!

>Sup Forums goes paid

i'd finally be free

they're still that mad that people didn't like ghostbusters? lmao

>destroying movie profits

by choosing not to pay for it? what the fuck is wrong with these shills

>poorfags and kids will finally leave this shithole
finally, this will herald a new golden age for Sup Forums

>wanting to pay to use this shithole

I meant "free" as in "unrestricted, open, not subject to tyranny"

I can understand why those raised with newspeak wouldn't understand how a person can be free.

These are the same retards who think baseball is racist because there are so few black players. They can't wrap their mind around the fact that maybe blacks just don't like baseball.

>newspeak
t. Edgelord who just finish reading 1984

>they blame "trolls"?
Because they're not going to blame themselves, this is their livelihood.

>you say that you will finally be free of Sup Forums because it will cost money, which apparently violates your NAP and you refuse to use it
>I comment that poorfags and kids will stop visiting Sup Forums, which I consider a good thing
>your next post is some confused mess where you try to explain the definition of "free" to me

what the fuck have you been smoking?

Stupid fuck

Alright, Take two guys.

Lets show em how organized this operation can be.

ONE

so the internet currently accessible without monetary remuneration?

IS THE LONELIEST NUMBER

Go to my postKeep crying, faggot. Nice argument though. "Stupid fuck". What a about getting the fuck out, you snob shitlord.

Three

is there a reason you're shitposting so agressively?

lack of attention growing up probably.

nono, I mean like, to draw attention away from something. Like

I don't have anything else to do, but hey, at least I'm not a pretentious cunt who is using "newspeak" when talking about a Sup Forums where you need to pay. Stop your "edgyness".

>this user just told me the truth so I'll tell him "Stupid fuck"
>omg he replied aggressively
>now I'll play the victim card
Go back to tumblr.

>tfw I can't discuss my niche shows on imdb anymore because of this

CAN BE AS BAD AS ONE

tragic

>end of the free internet
>someone sees "free" and immediately thinks in a monetary sense, before an abstract sense
>big part of 1984 is about adjusting language so people have no concept of freedom

ONE

CUNNY

>mass organized units
MILITARIZED HACKERS

>capable of forcing celebrities off of social media altogether

Hahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Trolling Social Media Real Hahahaha Nigga Just walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

& WEAPONIZED AUTISM

wtf I love goats now

Emotional problems of low self-esteem, uh, uh

Not much we can do against men like them

stinky dinky

RUSSIA HACKED INTO THEIR F U C K I N G BRAINS

Hey at least I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I've been surfing on /lit/ for 3 years and I have plenty of friends that are pretty "bookwormish" and they've never use "newspeak" the way that user used it, we use that word only when we're talking about the book or referencing it. That makes him an autistic fuck or a prententious edgelord, I assume the latter because I'm kind.

ensuring any use of the word "free" is taken for the monetary sense is one of the illustrated endgoals of newspeak in 1984

>not getting my point
Stop being so edgy, cunt.
When in the hell I assumed his comment in a monetary way? When I mentioned "talking about a Sup Forums where you need to pay." What I meant is that using newspeak is so out of context in something as trivial as a hypothetical situation where you need to pay for using Sup Forums. I'm not saying his concept of "free" is wrong, but his pretentiouness is out the limit. Check this Jesus Christ, you fuckers need some reading comprehension skills.

see then

Holy fuck, you guys really lack any reading skills. For the last time, I'm not against his idea of freedom, I was pointing out his retarded use of newspeak. Do you want me to be more specific or are you going to keep acting as illustrated snobs?

I find people more commonly say doublespeak in general discussion, which I think is ironically an ambiguous term derived from a conflation of two different Orwellian words with precise meanings.

OY VEY
youtube.com/watch?v=mp_2aaA999A

>person defaults to monetary definition of free
>this is a big part of 1984
>1984 is literally being used as an instruction manual at this point

>UR EDGY STFU

... so, like I asked earlier, is there some reason behind this or are you just seeking attention?

Go to>muh victim card
How the hell I'm the baddie here? Oh wait, I'm on Sup Forums, I don't why I'm expecting anyone to have any kind of comprehension skills.

There's a lot of dumb overweight neckbeards shilling comment sections and downvotes lately, brigading rating systems, etc. Did you expect no one to notice? Are you that stupid?

Really? I've never heard anyone use it as you say so.

>ORANGE
>SEXUAL-ASSAULTING

lmao, is she literally stooping to ripping off the format and delivery of Sup Forums memes for her jokes now?

>Celebrity yell into an echo chambers
>People finally have a voice to start calling them out on the their shit
>i-its just evil Nazis and online trolls, we are still right!

You're thinking of doubletalk, and that term has little to do with orwell.

Some things deserve it but i do agree that it goes overboard a bit.

really hope if this effects her career massively people will be mature enough not to harrass her irl.

It's what the marketing guys tell the producers so they don't get fired for shitty marketing and they generally fall for it.

>Keeps hitting a strawman
>keeps going with something I've never even argue about
Yes, you're a prententious edgelord, and you know how I can prove what I'm saying? Quote me when I mentioned anything about defining free in a monetary sense. Go on, I'll be waiting.
Protip:Just stfu

How have you heard it used then? Its a pretty commonly used phrase in observations of speech, especially in the realm of political punditry.

someone took "free" as the monetary sense. What strawman is there?

I agree, he never used that word at all. Its basically an idea with derivative elements from doublethink in terms of stated purpose and newspeak in the rhetorical case. Does it actually predate 1984?

>they have become mass, organised units
Oh my God, this is so out of touch it's hilarious.

I have, but not as a commonly used word as you say, mostly when referencing a political or philosophical view related to 1984 and people knowing that we're referencing it as I said. Maybe you're thinking about this??

According to wikipedia, the terms doubletalk and doublespeak do predate 1984 and orwell. As orwell's "doublethink" is a completely different concept.

Omg you're that stupid...
That discussion is totally different from what I initially tried to point out. You keep pointing that dumb fuck who is, as you mentioned, someone out of 1984 when I've never even mention anything related to him or his argument. I was pointing out the user pretentious use of the word "newspeak", he is right about the rest but you can't deny his "edgyness". We're on completely different paths.

>The term "doublespeak" probably has its roots in George Orwell's book Nineteen Eighty-Four. Although the term is not used in the book, it is a close relative of two of the book's central concepts, "doublethink" and "Newspeak"

This is literally the top of the etymology section on wikipedia. C'mon boys, I have never even read this page before.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublespeak#Origins_and_concepts

>yfw you are unironically using newsspeak to attempt a discussion of newspeak and its pernicious effects on meaningful discourse.

Worst timeline confirmed.

FOUR

>with the capability of destroying movie profits
I fucking wish you stupid fucking bitch.

doublespeak is taking bad things and dressing them up in less direct language.

doubletalk is making up words that sound legit but aren't.

doublethink is holding contradictory ideas without recognizing the contradiction.

I asked you just in case you were talking about doubletalking which is more commonly used than any Orwellian words, seriously, you guys really lack reading skills. Back to our lil' chit chat, do you really hear newspeak commonly used as a common term without referencing the book or it's philosophical views?

nice

haha! way to show (((them))), fwends! Remember to keep up the fight for the white race and #MAGA for GOD EMPEROR

Zionist=\=Ashkenazi
>inb4 they're all jew rats

No you misunderstood me. I said I hear doublespeak commonly used in conversations in lieu of the word newspeak, even though at times I think the nature of what is actually being referred to in those conversations is more in line with the definition of newspeak than the more colloquial "doublespeak".

Basically, I agree that you are right about newspeak being seldom used in conversation, but the point I wanted to make was that certain cases it probably ought to be rather than those words which come naturally to people in a conversation and reference the idea of 'newspeak' but are some what inappropriate because of their vaguer meaning.

Not saying that first guy was doing that but just wanted to defend newspeaks usage for its proper meaning without being labeled 'edgelord' necessarily lmao.

ITS THE ONE NUMBER OF THE LONLIEST ONE

>doubletalk is making up words that sound legit but aren't.
Never heard it used that way man, but wouldn't those words, whatever they are, be textbook examples of newspeak? Doubleplusungood, badbadnotgood, etc?

Lol I guess we were out of syncronhy, I agree with most of what you said, I was a lil' confused that you said exactly the same thing as I said but as a counter-argument(about the political use of newspeak) if I had knew you were talking about the nature of the context as you said things would've been different. I thought you were saying that the word "newspeak" was being used instead of a less seldom word as doublespeak. My reasoning for telling him an edgelord was for his prententious way of putting it, just read this
>I can understand why those raised with newspeak wouldn't understand how a person can be free
He's putting himself in a pedestal, he could've used something "those sheeples" or something related to that, the use of newspeak was, at least for me, unnecessary.

this tbqlh

imdb message boards where great If I wanted to go online and talk about The Stuff or Halloween 3, now its all lost...

Why did they do this?

Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism. People like/don't like shit. Hollywood should stop trying to be the thought police.

i honestly dont know, i mean the message boards were pretty autistic so there were probably some autismo posts against women or some shit that they didnt like, and could use as an excuse to shut them down and save money on all the server space needed to maintain the servers, all while painting themselves as a progressive company

YO! When did any of us ever become Organized? Sure there's a few of us who gets a bit too serious now and again, but 99% of are here simply for shits and giggles. You have your pedos, you have your foot fags, you have you anime moos, and your wifey fus and your auntie fags and on an on, but they're not at all, organized.

Nah nigga, doubletalk is throwing prefixes and suffixes together to make intellectual sounding words. Like blargidism or resittidism.

So it's more of what Kevin Sorbo said, "They're of the mind that we're all entitled to our rights so as long as it agrees solely with their wrongs."

Amy Schummer vagina jokes got stale. Let her talk more about how she's not in prison for raping a drunk guy, now that's a funny story.

>with the capability of destroying movie profits
Wouldn't that be nice if it were actually true?

Damn straight.

And I think we're doing a damn good job calling them out on their bullshit

considering how much traffic comes to a site that has zero means of meaningfully regulating discourse, it really doesn't matter how actually influential the site is. Its going to be occupied 24/7 by literally every shill campaign

>[comedian] booed for talking politics

t. amy schumer

In the 21st century as a social media site existing in an era of political correctness run amok? Absolutely. People are worried about internet Nazis? Sup Forums was making swastikas at Habbo Hotel before alt right was a thing.

Imo the normies from Reddit lurk here but don't really post. Sup Forums is a content goldmine and an online institution. There is board culture and community, albeit Anonymous.

are you a teenager?

What have online trolls to do with Amy (((Schumer))) getting boo'd?

Are (((they))) implying people can't figure out for themselves she's a terrible comedian?

>Imo the normies from Reddit lurk here but don't really post
you're a fag from reddit and there are thousands like you posting

>Hahaha yeah I want the internet shut down, THAT'LL show you guys

Don't take this site seriously at all. It's just another boogeyman for the people who can't handle the internet.