Alien Covenant

Predictions for this

Oats

Forgettable. Got Bladerunner coming.

This comes out in a few weeks while blade runner is in the fall. you can watch both fool

This will make or break the series. Correcting Prometheus is a fucking hell of a task.

lol i bet you Ridley Scott won't correct anything and he'll just keep teasing for more never ending sequels, lol i'll bootleg if possible

Kįno like Prometheus
>tfw only watched Prometheus
Never watched Alien movies and don't have any intention to.

This

Hyper Oats?

No John Oates

Something jumps out at Danny McBride, and he says "Whoah! What the fuck!?!?" while shaking his head side to side. It will be something innocent and not a xeno.

Absolute kino incoming. Ridley will redeem himself.

I predict full penetration

haven't seen it since 2011, remind me again why it was so bad. I can't remember anything terrible

David creates the first xenomorph
Wipes out most Engineer life with his suicide bombing
David kills Walter at some point and switches pods with him when the ship escapes
No one survives aside from David
Shaw is mutated into becoming the first queen

etc

It's gonna be slasher movie schlock. 68-74 RT. Zero artistry of the original. Just look at the trailer it's teens getting picked off in stupid situations and Danny McBride is in it.

>Predictions
The whole plot has already been spoiled. Fucking hate this shit, every fucking movie gets spoiled months before it comes out

I'm cautiously optomistic. I don't like how action-y it is though.
I'm slightly put off by the lack of atmosphere, which is a key of making the aliens creepy and an actual threat again.

>tfw they'll never turn Alien Isolation into a movie even though it was better than any Alien movie in 20 years

I keep this handy for anons like (you)

It's real unfortunate that nigger killed their mascot killed their mascot on Facebook the other day.

It's going to be INSANE. Some things will of course not make much sense. It's not going to be hard sci-fi, but it's going to be fucking brutal and weird and just fucking good if you're body horror.
It's fucking NEOMORPH time, NIGGERS.

IMDb rating: 7.5/10
RottenTomatoes rating: 82%
Worldwide box office: 650mil
Oscar Wins/Noms: 1/2
Actual quality: 7/10

I'm excited. Prometheus was good.

do you guys think The Predator will be good?

it's filming now and coming out next March it has a $150 million budget which is way higher then you'd expect for a predator movie but it gives me hope the studio has some faith in it

Predator has always been a cool premise wasted on bad movies.

>remind me again why it was so bad

Prometheus being bad is a Sup Forums meme. it's overall pretty good.

>teens
Michael Fassbender - 40
Katherine Waterston - 37
Billy Crudup - 48
Danny McBride - 40
Demián Bichir - 53
Carmen Ejogo - 43
Amy Seimetz - 36
Jussie Smollett - 34

The original was a slasher, it was just a very good one.

every Predator movie has awesome action you can't deny that

except those shitty AVP movies but those don't count anyway

I don't really like any of them. Predator 2 is my favourite but even that sucks.

who /squiddlygoo/ here?

>Prometheus being bad is a Sup Forums meme. it's overall pretty good.

Prometheus would have had a better reception if it had nothing to do with Alien.

It's just that it took a solid, 'realistic' sci-fi franchise and added all the Star Trekky bullshit fantasy crap.

Will there be a predator cameo?

Doesn't really make sense for there to be.
Alien cameos in Predator films work because the Predators bring back trophies.

I guess hypothetically you could see like a Predator skeleton with its ribs broken from within or something. Dunno.
Scott hated the idea of AvP so I doubt it.

Any Ridley Scott movies coming out this generation are guaranteed to range from shit to decent.

Predators as hunters shouldn't have went further than two films.

It's fucking stupid having this entire advanced alien civilisation basically being nothing but space Jamaicans using vast amounts of energy and resources to travel across the galaxy to kill things for trophies.

What else is a post-scarcity society meant to do with its time? Makes more sense than posting on Sup Forums.

Prediction = poop.

(you)

Eh, I doubt that's all there is to their species (granted, I haven't looked at any of the EU stuff).
It's just one thing they do, and obviously the only way humans associate with them, so that's all we see.

It's all they do in the films.

Yes, that's what I just said.

And I agreed with you.

Yea, Ridley Scott will attach the new Bladerunner trailer to this film and won't be able to enjoy the film cause Bladerunner kino would still be in my head.

that like Prometheus it will be a very well polished turd.

the Predator in the first film especially really comes across as just some rich asshole who vacations to Earth so he can blow up humans with his plasma canon

Dark and gritty fecees.

"Head-bash windshield Xeno" from trailer already sealed its fate.

You don't show full Xeno in an Alien movie.

>calls it a polished turd
>picture of a polished turd
>Polished-Turd.jpg

this guy

What? Where?

the thing is as a cinematographer Ridley Scott is one of the best but any one of his works being "good" films still hinges on whether it has a good script which he is hit or miss with.

the official trailer

>colonization mission
>homosexual couples

Why is the alien black?

mpreg

Because the are no true black flowers on earth.

There was the whole plot on Sup Forums a while ago, it seemed genuine.

If you liked Prometheus, you'll like this movie.

If not...you won't hate it, but it'll be "meh".

Personally I liked the concept of Prometheus, just wish it was executed better. With that mindset, I'll probably enjoy this.

Alien: covenant is to alien+aliens as Star Wars: the force awakens is to Star Wars: a new hope

Basically it's a re-hash, but covenant takes place before the alien series, I think. The only 'new' stuff will be bullshit like the space zombies and micro-organisms from Prometheus that didn't work for shit. The one cool part about Prometheus was the engineers, which could have been explored more successfully in later movies. Now it's just back to basics with some more shit that can kill you. It might be a fine movie on its own, but I can't see it holding any sort of weight in the franchise.

My only problem is Ridley Scott.
He WAS a great director, now is a terrible director and a auto-complacent producer: Alien was great because small budget make them to cut redundant stuff. Scott with AAA budget is a worst director by default and his last films prove that.

The whole prometheus plot was inside the original Alien film and was cut because it wasnt good then to justify spent money on it. So why is good now? the whole idea of the vessels was drop from walter hill scrip because it complicate the whole thing istead of give good answers the same with the piramyd/domes froms O´bannon script.

My prediction is they will do a copy of The Thing, but with aliens.
If AGAIN the engenier ship is not the same ship of LV-426 I will be really mad.

2011? Jesus Christ it feels like so long ago.

I can remember watching it with a friend in the theater and getting someone mad because I kept whispering out names during the opening credits.

I was such a cringy fuck but maybe he wouldn't have heard me if the place wasn't empty enough to hear a pin drop.

>Not getting hype when the Pred literally cast Jump on the Queen in the finale of the first

My dude.

is it a remake of the first one or a continuation of predators? I know they were making a sequel of predators but I thought they were going to use the same actors smdh...

the EU stuff is mostly the same, they are smart but they arent very civilized, a popular fan theory says that they stole all the technology they have because they are too fucking dumb to create anything like interstellar planetary travel while acting like dumb niggers on a hunting trip

looked up and saw a cool "hide" poster on the ceiling on the PATH train today, it will be decent and forgettable like so many movies now

>Predictions
it'll be shit. Screencap this!

I remember downloading a camrip and uploading it to my Google drive, then the next day at school my friends and I sluffed a few classes, and instead watched this in the computer hall. good times

I'm worried about it.
I'm still hopeful only because of Shane Black.

generic slasher garbo directed by ridley "falls asleep at award shows" scott

54% RT

It won't explain the giant engineer from ALIEN™