Well?

So we can finally agree that it's sentient equipment, correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filho_da_Puta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, it's an athlete

>sentient
>equipment
pick one

it is the athlete. the person riding it is just some rich fuck

I don't see how this can be considered an athlete. All horses do is run and carry humans, that's their job. The only reason it's doing well is because the HUMAN riding it, who dedicates his whole existence to be the best rider, can steer the horse to victory.

Next you'll argue that greyhounds and dogs that run agility courses are athletes too.

If NASCAR drivers are athletes then jockeys are too. And you wouldn't call a stock car an athlete, would you?

Stop posting this fucking thread

The horse is an athlete. We've already settled this.

I liked the is an bobsled a athlete thread desu.

>sentient

pick none

No one here considers NASCAR drivers athletes, re-re.

the car doesn't decide what to do, the athlete is in complete control
the horse is autonomous, the jockey is the coach

all sprinters do is run, they don't even carry people. they're even less of an athlete than an horse is

What if an horse rides an bobsleigh?

I once saw this thing about guys fixing a dog race by feeding the dogs shit loads of sausers and getting them to lose the race. Was just wondering could you get a horse to lose a race by making it really depressed?
I'm not sure how you would get a horse to be depressed, maybe you could get another horse to fuck it's favourite girl horse or something

Not true at all, the horse would go completely off course, fuck up, and not be competitive if not for the jockey. And the jockey certainly isn't a coach when you consider the physical effort they must put in as well.

They are equipment too. Farming equipment.

Why not? Stock Car, F1/IndyCar, and Rally Car drivers all have to have incredible endurance to compete at a high level. It's requires more athleticism than it looks. Surely Motorcycle Racers are athletes too, as they not only need endurance but the ability to manipulate their bodyweight incredibly well.

Explain

Yea being a athlete implies agency with respect to the sport. An horse is living equipment

No.

>doubting the athleticism of an horse

>the reason great horses do well is the jockey

You can't deny that jockeys have an impact

lol that would be absolutely outrageous!

i would and i will download one when possible

I don't deny the impact, but you put almost any top jockey on secretariat and its a triple crown horse. You put the winning jockey of each kentucky derby on the last placed horse and think you get a winner? The horse is the athlete.

Tbh it's just a very well-tuned biological vehicle. Similar to when Richard Petty was winning NASCAR, it didnt matter who was driving because his vehicle was so much better than everyone else.

And put any top driver in a car that is a tier better than all the other cars and it will win too.

Cars are athletes confirmed.

An horse is a athlete

>Dat Photo Size

What is this? A horse for ants?

Horses win races, not jockeys
/thread

ouch

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filho_da_Puta

This one was a great athlete