Polish government wants to demolish Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw. Your thoughts?

Polish government wants to demolish Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw. Your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomosci/7,114884,22646528,pis-zburzy-palac-kultury-wicepremier-nie-ma-nic-przeciwko.html
reuters.com/article/us-russia-poland-sanctions/russia-preparing-retaliation-against-poland-over-war-memorial-row-agencies-idUSKBN1A41VB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Polish intellectuals
nothing of value would be lost

Poland cannot in culture and science, so it's only natural.

How does that building signify to you poles?

???????? why? i thought poles larped alot about their national heritage?

that sounds like a massive waste of a huge amount of money, even if it is ugly. They should just clean it instead and try to make the most of the situation.

I see we have comedians here

The Palace was built by russian invaders, so guess man.

Is that building filled with polish intellectuals?

Oh...

Only because it has communist style?

Poles are subhuman cockroaches who we have tried to exterminate. The pests keep coming back. We need to finish off the so-called Polish race if we are to progress as a species.

>ugly
Your mutt kin would never understand the beauty of Stalin's high rises

Looks like a Stalinist monstrosity to me. Get rid of it.

why?

>russian invaders
There is no invaders for about 30 years, but polish nationalist dupa still hurts. Funny. You should better try into science and culture (let alone space) than fighting with stones that even haven't got hammer and sicle on them.

>Culture and Science
>pooland
nobody cares

Just put a polish cross on top.
then you can say something polish people triumph russian invaders something

Sounds like an useless building for a nation like Poland

Stalin did nothing wrong.

I don't think erasing architecture connected with uncomfortable periods of history would be wise.

PRL is part of your past, so deal with it.

'i dont care but i have to reply' xD

>Your thoughts?
Good. And dont forget to demolish whole w*rsaw.

But polish goverment don't care about my and others thoughts.
Building looks not bad.

It's too authoritarian style

Having a palace of Culture and Science in Poland is like having a palace of Fitness and Not Shooting in America.

Just migrate to other EU states
Provlem solved

As long as the EU exists half of poland's problem doesn't matter.

Stalinist architecture doesn't look so bad. I like art deco.

It looks like an art deco highrise from 1930s New York. The only glaring flaw in its construction is that they didn't build an entire street's worth of them. I wouldn't demolish it if I were Poland.

Is it in shitty condition and expensive to maintain ?

>Your mutt kin would never understand the beauty of Stalin's high rises
It incorporates American Art decided and we have much better examples.

And ww2 ended 72 years ago but you still parade and larp all the time.

*Art Deco

and you still sympathize with nazis...

oh, you got jokes son

demolish it, the city would look even more like generic american city 2.0
boring and cultureless *gawnnnn*

Good idea! You need to build more tall glass buildings that will show how unique and polish you are

Burn it down. Getting rid of invader culture requires a strong hand and clear vision.

Big regret this piece of crap wasn't taken care of when the time was right.

It''s awful
There are should be an ensemble in general style, like in Moscow.

lonely this building looks disgusting

burning it would waste lots of good stone

>poles want to demolish a building of culture and science
Memes write themselves

Even aesthetically, it's the only building that doesn't make the observer want to burn their eyes like the rest of the glass monstrosities. What the fuck are they thinking?

>and you still sympathize with nazis...
And your country divide up Europe with the Nazis....

It looks cool and iconic though. In East Germany the Russians didn't build shit except their tacky war memorials.

then your replaced nazis

It was either us or them
>t. also divided it up but had to pay moni

bad idea.

it's the only interesting thing in Warsaw.
You should instead destroy that fake cake-looking centre rebuilded after the war

Can't you just make it into a museum dedicated to Polish culture? It'd be a good way to use a nice building, just appropriate its stalinist origins.

nooo dont do it
put a big Jesus statue on top of it, better

inside it's pretty cool but the exterior is in bad condition. It used to be white but now is grey because it's expensive as fuck to clean the whole thing.

Demolish whole Warsaw when you're at it 2bh

There are museums, theatre and some departaments inside.

YES, REBUILD PREWAR WARSAW

Pointless waste of money. They better invest into another skyscraper to cover it up instead. Warsaw will never become any close to being "Paris of the East" again, so at least we can have skyscrapers without ruining the landscape.

> Polish government wants to demolish Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw.

They "want" it like constantly.

Do you have any proofs?

wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomosci/7,114884,22646528,pis-zburzy-palac-kultury-wicepremier-nie-ma-nic-przeciwko.html

there are no proofs because it's bullshit
one minister said that he would like if it was gone, that's all
it certainly won't be demolished in any forseeable future, because it's Warsaw's landmark and hosts many institutions and organizations, also demolition of such building costs a lot of money
Warsaw would rather invest into more skyscrappers to improve the skyline and get more office space, like it should be
why are you here? i'm sure there are some dirty toilets left, so keep scrubbing

> it certainly won't be demolished in any forseeable future, because it's Warsaw's landmark and hosts many institutions and organizations, also demolition of such building costs a lot of money

"stalin's dick" is also the most important building in warsaw...

Ironic.

Russia was a shithole every year of its existence but their architecture is pretty damn nice

I think in 2018 they'll finish a higher skyscraper

Horrendous building. God I hate commie architecture.

source?

I think it looks pretty cool. Here's a similar one in Moscow

now post a picture of it during the day

needs to be more ornamental, such as all traditional European buildings. It just looks like a Dugtrio form of commie blocks with a fancy top.

there are something like 17 of them in Moscow apparently
but only one outside of russia

I see, destroying the only building in the picture that isn't degenerate modernist tripe architecture.

skyscrapers in general are all gross.

There are 7 of them, they're called 'seven sisters'
Fun fact: the Moscow State University (this one ) used to be the tallest building in Europe from 1953 to 1990

It's the best looking building in the city so I would not like that

Looks a little ugly anyway. They have demolished most, if not all old soviet buildings and memorials in my town too after the fall of the regime.

The building is a symbol for the soviet oppression in the past. It's just natural to tear it down.

Okay, but what do you think the odds are that they will replace it with something worthwile?

found the nazi

That's not of my concern, but I think it doesn't look that bad.

>nazi
the soviet governing rule here in the gdr wasn't better than the nazi government before, fucking Putin chill.

This doesn't matter in the first place. At least it was like that here.

What the fuck is up with the world and the need to tear down monuments recently? Just keep them as historical memory you fucking savages

Don't leave even two bricks on top of each other and then enjoy russian butthurt and tears.

>let's waste our money on useless things like destroying historical buildings, I bet it'll make all Russians cry
Butthurt belt delusions are really funny

Good bants Ivan.

it's not a monument, it's an ugly building built by foreign invaders. If I raped you would you keep a dildo up your ass forever afterwards?

Just the threat of it makes ivan cry like a colic baby, just imagine the amount of tears tearing down the clown house would cause!

I've never understood why the Palace of Culture is considered so "ugly", it looks fucking dope as shit, like this bizarre mix of 1930s Art Deco and Neo-Classical.

Just butthurt belt things

>ugly
???

I would build it up again and tear it down a second time

This. They are butthurt by even talking about it. Just imagine you record it with 1000 fps.

reuters.com/article/us-russia-poland-sanctions/russia-preparing-retaliation-against-poland-over-war-memorial-row-agencies-idUSKBN1A41VB

>Russia is preparing retaliatory measures against Poland to punish it for what Moscow says is an illegal and immoral plan to tear down Soviet-era World War Two monuments, an ally of President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday

now that's what I call being butthurt