Do Americans really believe they are richer and more developed than Europeans...

Do Americans really believe they are richer and more developed than Europeans? There is a good number of European countries that look like a paradise compared to USA. Cities are better, safer, people have more social security, easier acess to education, healthcare. Is it just an internet meme or is it real? Asking seriously.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_research_and_development_spending
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know about the rest 49 states, but La Jolla in Southern California looks like paradise.

>hand picking European countries
>not hand picking US states

>Do Americans really believe they are richer and more developed than Europeans?
We are by every metric.
>There is a good number of European countries that look like a paradise compared to USA.
Liechtenstein has a higher GDP per capita, great. most of Europe is not Liechtenstein, the economic powerhouse of Europe would be considered poor stateside.
>Cities are better, safer, people have more social security, easier acess to education, healthcare. Is it just an internet meme or is it real?
I'm sure some do, but if someone claims Europe is better than America you can't cherrypick some nice cities, you have to compare in entirety.

And that's winter time.
There's no point to live anywhere else in America.

jokes aside Europe is only able to have such cheap healthcare because the US privately funds the majority of healthcare and pharmaceutical research. We get the results without having to pour billions into research

one of the most retarded posts ever

doesn't surprise me it comes from ireland

Name 1 European country that is better than California.

>GDP per capita
I'd live in Slovakia over Alabama any day of the week. I bet most white americans would do the same.

>s(jw)ocal

>countries
>states
Try again tomás

Irish are smart tho.

We have 10 states with a larger population than you and 8 with a larger GDP.
Our states are the equivalent of EU countries

>Our states are the equivalent of EU countries
like clockwork

Being rich in USA is more fun than in EU
Not being rich is more fun in europe
Does this make any sense outside of my heard?

I don't know why you'd do this, by this metric you're quite an embarrassment to be honest. For instance it takes the entirety of the Great Lakes (our size several times over) just to match parity with a resourceless island nation like the UK.

>our states are the equivalent of eu countries
"no."

There's a reason why your obscure cutting edge blood tests get sent to labs in America.
Our country spends more on Medical research than the entire EU.

>implying its false
Again, cherry picking. Want me to start plucking Ukraine and start making comparisons?

Absolutely. Being poor (more accurately, not wealthy) fucking blows in the US. I'd imagine I would be happier being not-wealthy in Europe.

However, being rich is probably better in the US. Lots more to do with your money and lots more power to be had with it.

>>implying its false
Yeah, that's precisely what I'm doing.

Now post the same but per capita.

Citations or funding? I assure you we're ahead in both. The EU has more people yet we fund and produce more.
You have an American to thank for the eradication of polio, the FDA to thank for the testing of an immense amount of drugs, and the American taxpayer to thank for the funding of cutting edge research on the largest scale in the world.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_research_and_development_spending

Give me one way in which it is false that does not include
>muh culture

Just saying "muh cultures" doesn't mean it isn't true (it is). Our countries usually work quite differently, both formally and legally.

Half the EU is poor as fuck so that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. One of EU's current goals is to bring as many members as possible to a reasonable economic standard (not doing a great job of it though).

ok virginia

nice amerifat propaganda.

Usa is one country
Europe is many countries
Do you need it simplified further?

Our states work quite differently... formally and legally. Federalism in the US provided a good amount of self determination for the states.
The only thing you can cling to is muh culture. Because the difference between Oregon and Minnesota culturally is not larger than the difference between Sweden and its neighbors... The difference culturally between the 40% hispanic 20% black south is not all different from Maine.
You retards play with shit but you honestly believe all of this. You criticize american naivety.......

well, just european countries of course
kinda funny since they outnumber americans in population, especially with their new immigrants

>here's a thread comparing USA to Europe as a whole
>but you aren't allowed to compare their components
>looks like I win again

>mfw France has 50% more population than California and California is 1/3 hispanic immigrants
TOPKEK

But but bro. Here we eat food covered in ___ sauce. And there they wear ___ retarded traditional dress. And 1000 years ago they did ____. See europe is superior because of our culture

>Sweden

It's literally the only thing europeans have just let them shitpost in peace

Dumb burger

>nominal gdp

bad bait, amerifat.

Fuck he got me guys. I am now proven wrong

Nobody cares that you spend billions for the next useless and borderline poisonous anti-fat molecule.

Is there one for Texas too?

You just made me check GDP PPP and EU ranks 2nd behind China. Nice propaganda, Ameridumb.

>Australia defending china
Thanks for the insight Zhang

>We are by every metric.
Safer than Norway and Slovenia?
More democratic than Switzerland?
An average American is more educated than an average Dutch?

>you can't cherrypick some nice cities, you have to compare in entirety
That's waht I personally do.

I compare countries. Not cherrypicking regions.

What are you even trying to say? The chart is showing per capita.

>triggered amerifats

or is it just one? does his patriotic microdick hutrts seeing swedes live better than their fellow fatties?

>American claims to be better than Europe
>Russian chooses particular countries to compare
Cognitive dissonance, you're in denial.
Also we are more educated than the Dutch and more democratic than the Swiss.

raarrfhhfrr blaarrff urrrr noooot whiiiiiiiiteee

how will americans ever recover

>California has 4 times our population

wew

>Also we are more educated than the Dutch and more democratic than the Swiss.
>America
>Democracy
Bahhahahahahahahaahh

>New Jersey
>Regarded as USA shithole
>Larger GDP than Sweden
>Smaller population that Sweden
There are numerous examples

Please explain to me how you are more democratic than Switzerland when you dont even have direct democracy

>GDP

Again, having a shit tone of big companies doesn't really make it better. It's not like the money is disputed equally. Having high GDP doesn't necessarily mean it's better and literally every metric shows that the US is worse than many western European countries. I think it's a shame really, the US has the potential to be Norway, maybe even Swiss tier but huge inequality gaps, bad security nets, very prevalent poverty, shitty infrastructure and much much more prevents this even though the money exists to fix all of this which can't be said for most countries.

>worse than many european countries
>still relying on the cherry picking
Europe is worse in every metric than many states. See how stupid your argument is? You backtracked like 20 posts in this thread

>comparing countries to countries is cherrypicking

>cherry picking parts of your country
>but we can't do that

Don't be a hypocrite.

I've been to America (NYC and Boston), it looks far richer than France.

I think only Switzerland in Europe is richer than America and Canada.

>Cities are better,
Subjective
>safer, people have more social security
The more multicultural your country is, the more violent it is
>easier acess to education, healthcare
Aka the middle class which pay for the immigrants

It has been demonstrated our states are the equivalent of european countries and you ran into a wall when the only thing you had to refute this argument is
>muh culture
Oh you mean a country that is essentially the size of europe in every way has diversity? My mind is blown. I would have never fathomed that to be a reality

>our states are the equivalent of european countries
>same language
>same currency
>same type of government
>restricted sovereignty
>no foreign policies to speak of

So that is truly what you all are grasping at? You have different pictures on your money. You speak different languages. You all have such "different" types of government. "Foreign Policy"
Please desperate euros. That is pathetic. This is what your argument deconstructs to.

>literally the only argument is size and that the laws are little bit different from state to state

Again, stop being a hypocrite. Every country is divided into regions different from each other.

Size has absolutely nothing to do with this. You have the same language, same culture, same goverment etc like mentioned.

>Please desperate euros. That is pathetic. This is what your argument deconstructs to.

But keep resorting to buzzword spouting

>you have different pictures on your money.
And different exchange rates and interest rates tailored to the national economies. (Except € cucks, lol)
>You all have such "different" types of government
Some have two chamber parliament, some have 1 chamber. Some are presidential, some are monarchies, Meanwhile, you don't even have control over your drinking age, that's how hard your "states" have been cucked by the federal government.

What was a buzzword kek really though? Those are just ordinary english words

Again implying the cultural differences between states are nonexistent but there is so much tremendous cultural difference between Germany and Austria and Sweden and Norway and Ukraine and Belarus. You are guilty of all of your own criticisms. Take a walk in Texas then take a walk in Seattle. We speak the same language (apparently spanish does not exist) and that apparently means the cultures are the same. Euros get so buttblasted when north americans don't know the capital of slovenia but they are even moreso naive to the United States. You don't have an argument. You can only cling to muh culture and that is flimsy as fuck

>calling different countries different countries because they are different in almost every way is "grasping"
>but subdivisions of my country are like different countries because [incoherent mumbling about "muh economy"]

>didn't mention the economy once
>inventing arguments to go against when losing the current one
>outlined obvious cultural differences between states
>acting as though political boundaries within a literal union of nation states is so different that a union of states under one government
>somehow even if it was all that different it negates the comparison of states vs euro countries
You euros let pride get in the way of reason

Nice we're second or third place

I'm not implying anything. The states has the same currency, same language, same history, same American culture, same type of government, same constitution etc. These are the defining traits of a country. This is different for all European countries. Finding one or two major things alike between two European countries doesn't make an excuse for saying states are like different countries. I really don't see the point in your arguments, as I stated before European countries also have different regions. You're literally just trying to come up with an excuse to cherry pick.

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries
What do you make of this?

Comparing a country vs. many different countries has no sence. If Americans do it I don't have questions. It is just silly.

>Also we are more educated than the Dutch
Do you truly believe in that?
>and more democratic than the Swiss.
Switzerland is probably the world's #1 acknowledged democracy. Swiss can vote and they have true direct democratical power. What do Americans have to claim more democracy, what am I missing?

Why don't you explain what you are trying to say friend

>invade nation despite having zero right or justification for doing so
>level every city and kill thousands upon thousands of civilians
>this causes dozens of islamic militia groups to start organizing
>wonder why these people won't bow to your imperialistic mass-murdering "democracy" so you kill more of them and try to forcefully implement your political system into a completely foreign culture
>repeat this process a few more times in other countries with unsurprisingly little effect, still consider it a "victory" because at least you mass-murdered those damn muslims and established control of the oil market (which was the goal from the start but americans will gladly lie through their teeth to make you believe otherwise)
>millions of them are forced to relocate to europe
>now feeling nothing but hatred for the western world due to the actions of the USA, they proceed to commit increasingly more brutal mass murders against europeans

America is a demonic mass-murdering capitalist empire built entirely on murdering people for the sake of resources. I sincerely hope that the USA gets fucking destroyed and every American who took part in ruining this world suffer a painful death, americans are nothing but greedy christian psychopaths who literally destroy everything they come in contact with.

I really wish we are just as bad as you said. Maybe then you whining Euros would shut the hell up already.

Why is california not on the list if it's "the equivalent of a country"?

That if your states have rectangle shapes, they are not in any way comaprable to real countries.

Oh holy shit. California isn't a country. My argument has now been btfo
Pathetic

Oh wow I never would have known
Nothing more precious than euros being wrong and having no leg to stand on

"American states are like countries"
"No"
"B-b-b-but they have large economies though, what other criteria could there possibly be?"
You never had an argument to begin with.

I never once mentioned economy except one post that also included population and area and addressed culture as well. You never addressed a single one of my arguments just sidestepped and then you desperately post a list of countries because yes that is what I was implying. The states are literal countries
Your argument is sad. You sidestep every point and then invent arguments to engage in with yourself. It is pa-the-tic

>Greedy christian psycopath
ignore that "denmark"
he's probably some butthurt immigrant

>they're countries because I say so
>proceeds to ignore the posts that explains why you're wrong and starts name calling instead

Never said they are actual countries. I was comparing them. In every way except nominal and muh culture US states are the equivalent of european countries. You have never proven this wrong instead you, as I continue to say, sidestep my arguments and invent arguments of your own

>population
Irrelevant
>area
Irrelevant
>culture
Ah yes, regional variations of american culture is comparable to the difference between denmark and albania

>Never said they are actual countries
>The states are literal countries
This must be bait

Again, you completely chose to ignore my post I honestly begin to think this is shitty bait tbqhwyf

>having no leg to stand on
Isn't that what happens to Americans when they get devoured by diabetes?

Reread the post and understood you were sarcastic, but you have literally implied that the whole time.

ITT: american delusions and tribbered swede

>in every way except the literal definition of a country and the most important distinction between different countries
>also except all the other differences that i'm conveniently ignoring

Ah yes the difference between california and montana are less significant than sweden and norway. Ah yes the difference between texas and minnesota are less significant than spain and portugal. Ah yes the difference between Massachusetts and Hawaii are less significant than Macedonia and Greece. Once again you are not only cherry picking but very naive
Again. This ALL started simply because in every way but nominal and muh culture you can compare US states to european countries. This is still true and has not once been proven wrong because it is, well, true.
Actually yes

Why do americans always boast about their GDP instead of culture or quality of life
wages are a considerably lower part fo US GDP compared to european countries
its basicly boasting about how living in poverty, with a private company basicly owning your life, makes your country the best cause freedom and stuff

explain

Fuck off mutt

You cannot compare the US as a whole to european countries. We have cities larger in every way but area than nearly half of europe's countries. Daily reminder

>has not once been proven wrong
It has been proven wrong. You just keep spouting it hasn't for some reason (probably autism).

What's your problem?
if you were a real person from denmark you shouldn't judging other for being christian, since denmark is christian too you don't have the morale ground to do that

Reiterate how it was proven wrong (retard)

See

We are richer though.

>hurr everyone from europe is christian
Fuck off
Most Americans just happen to be christian and that happens to be a driving force behind the terror regime they impose on the world
Stop defending your masters
America is the reason muslims are invading europe