Vogt-Roberts: I’m also really proud of the Skull Crawler design because that’s my version of a giant monster...

>Vogt-Roberts: I’m also really proud of the Skull Crawler design because that’s my version of a giant monster. That creature, beyond being a reference to a creature from the 1933 film, is also this crazy fusion of all of the influences throughout my life – like the first angel from Evangelion, and No Face from Spirited Away, and Cubone from Pokemon. It’s this crazy cross-section of what my original take on it would be. I’m proud of all the designs. Hopefully you feel like the creatures aren’t redundant.

the monsters were so uninspired and forgettable

The ultimate nu male influences

this desu

This.

There wasn't anything unsettling about them at all.

Did you know his King Kong has made more at the box-office than the Peter Jackson one? It's actually pretty impressive but nobody is reporting on it.

>Skull Island is Pokemon fanfiction

disgusting weeb making a shitty monster

Shut the fuck up King Kong remake was surprisingly good.

What a fucking faggot. Also the design is awful

>this thread
Sup Forumsfags sure are fuckin' stupid.

I am sure that's exactly how they felt about Muto

Now that he has said those were his references, I feel its too on the nose. Those were exactly the things I thought of when I saw them

>It's Sup Forums's fault that some uninspired fanboy designed a shitty monster

They were Ok as far as a plot device goes, it was better than the "Le Kong brought to the Big City" cliche

Looked fine

I don't think it's Sup Forums. I have another suspicion who they might be but I'm going to wait for more evidence.

jackson kong was better

> like the first angel from Evangelion

Actually Sachiel was the 3rd Angel humanity encountered

>I stole a bunch of weeb designs I'm very proud of MY creation

This movie was visually stunning in theaters, I went in expecting to be shit and I enjoyed it a lot. But pokemone references come the fuck on now

>Literally the first thing you see onscreen

>Cubone evolves into Marowak evolves into Ramarak

The skull crawlers were half baked as monsters go. It looked less like something designed to be the biggest, freakiest villain monster, and more like an animator had to make a whole army of different monsters and threw in the "two-limbed thing with kind of a skull face" just to fill the space. The real major flaw here is that the big one was just a scaled-up carbon copy of the little ones. After seeing dozens of these little skull crawlers attacking the main characters, the big one is built up as this huge threat, then it bursts out of the water and it's the exact same thing. Nothing more menacing about it except its size. The design is good for a horde of smaller creatures, but as the final boss it was just uninspired.

It's funny how everyone on Sup Forums rages about and despises the original monsters in Godzilla and Kong because "Fucking Americans made them they suck shit compared to superior Japan's monsters!".

>mfw we were all tricked to watch a superior western Evangelion adaptation without any Shinji tier cuck nor waifus for autists nor poorly handed christian references but only with a giant monkey instead of a giant robot
>mfw they didn't pay a cent to those jap cucks for it
BASED

>admitting that you're an uninspired hack

American """""men""""" everyone

There is no reason to be impressed by any box office figure anymore, records are broken every year now.

$500m is shit for today, and 05's take is worth closer to $700m after inflation.

He's actually citing his inspirations though.

Yeah but this one had a smaller budget despite ignoring inflation.

>the west is so culturally dead it has to steal from japan
>the west is so dead people find their biggest inspiration from foreign works instead of their rich history

Westerners truly are cucks

Fuck off shill.

I wish more westerners watched NGE though. Western filmmakers could learn a great deal from it. Also NGE draws heavily from western culture actually.

I liked this movie. It was fun.

>being inspired by something you like means you're stealing it and have no imagination

It must be a sad life you live, seeing everything as negatively as possible solely to whine about it here.

I hope not, I always like things until they become too much popular. NGE is already mainstream and I had to hide my original dvds too

it was fucking horrible you fucking numale nigger

It was. Probably because it just went head-first into the setting dropping all the post-modernism shit and just kept it straight to what it was. Pretty colorful characters too with John C. Reilly and L. Jackson.

Best popcorn flick of the year

>he finds the skull crawler "imaginative" and "unique"

yeah excuse me for wanting more effort instead of a mish-mash of popular things as if someone was creating his OC on DA

Describe what type of unique monster you would have liked to see, and remember to be a whiny bitch when the next Godzilla movie comes out since it's a remake of "Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster" otherwise you'll be a hypocrite.

He never said those things. You are fucking sad if you throw a temper tantrum every time someone cites a source of inspiration.

Pro-tip, nobody is original ever.

It's better to get inspiration from good stuff to make good stuff than making embarrassing videogame tier designs like Dormeme in Doctor Strange though

I really liked the skullcrawlers desu

found the """""artists"""""
how's your webcomic?

Everyone did, Sup Forums is just contrarian as usual

Only problem was the big one.

If it had more "bone" around it or something instead of an upsized one, I could get behind it.

This is an art board, go back to plebbit to discuss the Emoji movie or whatever bullshit you enjoy, my plebe friend

>like the first angel from Evangelion
Shut up. Don't you say that. Every angel is a better monster than Skull Crawler.

Except the ring in the sky one

>I have no rebuttal
>I'll assume unrelated things to deflect and ignore the discussion

It's always the whiny little bitches who also can't have any kind of meaningful discussion/debate about a topic without doing retarded shit like this to avoid having one.

My experience with this board is that those who vehemently spew trash opinions to make themselves look cool and demanding on the Internet are the biggest retards. I sometimes amuse myself calling them out and watching them fumble around. They know nothing.

There was nothing to say, I can't convince you that this design is uninspired so why even try

Your personal opinion is noted.

Exactly, you would have just dismissed it anyway. Why even bother.

nah the way it moved and sprouted was at least unique

You hate it because it was inspired by other things which in your mind means it's uninspired. What would you like me to say about that?