Better than Breaking Bad

>Better than Breaking Bad
>Great show in its own right
>Mostly ignored

Why?

too many plebs think it's boring and nothing happens

because i'ts boring.

Should have been the Mike's show.

Maybe it will be better when Saul is introduced.

Remember that amazing scene with Kim on the phone and the post-its?....such great television.

Bob Odenkirk's performance is fantastic, and Saul is a massively better and empathetic protagonist than Walt. Almost Tony Soprano-tier.

>it's a "jimmy watches a Mexican eat his hamburger for 40 minutes" episode

They should've called it better call jimmy what the fuck man it's 3 seasons in and there's no sail besides the meme promos in black and white

That being said I still like it

Literal simpletons.

The pleb filtration is too strong. Trying to force an ADHD, memephage, Breaking Bandwagoner, Netflix binging redditor to watch a slow burn nuanced character-driven is like trying to teach a dog portion control.

>Holy shit remember that part when the guts melted through the floor?
>Holy shit remember that part where Walt blew up Tuco's office?

Compared to...

>Holy shit remember that part when Jimmy ran the commercial without his boss' permission?
>Holy shit remember when Jimmy mildly damaged his brother's reputation through document forgery?

It's a great show, maybe better than Breaking Bad, it just doesn't have the shock value or fast pace to get people talking that BB had.

> show can't be slow and also suck.
I love slow shit, I revel in it. But this is boring, and the pay offs aren't worth it. A fucking gas-cap reveal isn't a worth an hour long wait. The fact that his brother was actually an asshole was telegraphed from the beginning. A sentimental cup not fitting into a sports car cup holder is on the nose. And 10 hours of "oh old people are so naive and quaint" isn't comedy.

The show has lots of good stuff, cinematography. The lawyeress is an interesting character, and her relationship with Jimmy is nice as well. But on the whole its not something to get excited over.

>Flash with no substance

vs

>Engrossing, meaningful, and deeply human character development

huh

>Holy shit remember that part when the guts melted through the floor?
>Holy shit remember that part where Walt blew up Tuco's office?
Those over the top, completely implausible scenes just added for shock value are some of the only things I disliked about BrBa.

Dat Mike backstory episode tho.

They're into S3 and literally NOTHING has happened

S1: Jimmy is a sleazy small time attorney with a crazy brother that resents him and he's in sort of a relationship with a hard working honest attorney named Kim

S3: Jimmy is a sleazy small time attorney with a crazy brother that resents him and he's in sort of a relationship with a hard working honest attorney named Kim

Oh, and it's a spinoff about the comic relief character from BB starring a comedian and the show isn't funny at all.

>S3: Jimmy is a sleazy small time attorney with a crazy brother that resents him and he's in sort of a relationship with a hard working honest attorney named Kim
>Oh, and it's a spinoff about the comic relief character from BB starring a comedian and the show isn't funny at all.

Both of these are wrong.

>Dat
>tho.
kill yourself

mind pointing out anything wrong?

>Gus sweeping for 15 minutes
>better than breaking Bad

You mean kys, bro?

The show is funny in a way akin to Fargo or the Sopranos, and you're purposely ignoring Jimmy's arc so far.

the main problem with this show is the ham fisted inclusion of breaking bad shit and everyone being old and fat

Because you are a loser

I love the slow burn. Resist the temptation to keep upping the ante. Breaking bad was a cartoon even if it was well made in some aspects.

It's called slice of life.
It's all about the characters.

What was the last actually funny scene in BCS? I can think of dozens in The Sopranos, plus that show had compelling drama to go along with it. BCS doesn't belong in the same sentence as The Sopranos. Can't speak for Fargo since I've only seen the movie.

It's 10 minutes of entertaining television wrapped in 40 minutes of utterly pointless filler
>inb4 hurr pleb filter
Yeah, no. There is literally no reason for 99% of the "nothing happens" scenes to be as drawn out as they are. Like last episode, they could have easily cut down Mike's stake-out from 20 minutes to 5 minutes and nothing of value would have been lost.

You're just not invested in the characters. It happens. Sucks for you.

didn't watched BCS yet but if that's real, it's a shame, they just make Gus almost white for fucks sake

I mean, is this even legal? Because it's racist as fuck

Makes me want to go back and re-watch seasons, desu.

It's really not though. It's basically a soap opera where they keep adding these low level who cares twists like "OMG what will happen to Jimmy now that Chuck caught him breaking into his desk?!?" Oh wait it's a prequel.

Can do you stop posting this in every single thread.

what? it's just different lighting.

B-but pure blue meth is real!
A-and HF can melt a body into a human soup and dig through a bathtub and a floor!
A-and that crystal that creates Hollywood explosions is real!

>>Great show in its own right
Is this bait? Because if you take away any connection to Breaking Bad, there is literally no reason to keep watching. the sibling conflict that will be drawn out endlessly with repetitive "confrontation scenes"? how about the really boring legal drama stuff that has been done dozens of times by shows made by actual legal experts?

This show is GARBAGE

The drama is Saul's circling the black hole of his nature. We know it's going to happen but we wonder what it will be exactly and what the fallout will look like. The fan service is cool too I guess but at least there's a sober framework for breaking bads zany antics.

It all made sense in the universe they created. There was a sense of cohesion once you accepted a wider set of parameters.

Soap operas with they had this kind of performances, cinematography and character development.

i'll keep posting it in these failure threads as long as they keep getting made

Because good shows don't get talked about on Sup Forums, example: how many mad men episodes do you see?

>It's a universe exactly like ours except a very specific type of acid is ridiculously more powerful than normal
Nah, that shit just breaks suspension of disbelief and you know it.

any good show that gets talked about is just memed to death by queers.

I wish a show with good actors and cinematography wasn't just a glorified soap opera

and there has been no character development

Gotta say, Vince sure missed an opportunity to have a whole 50 minute episode of nothing but split screen footage of Jimmy and Chuck removing duct tape. Jimmy is doing it properly for the first 30 minutes, then the attentive viewer can notice a slight annoyance in his thumb-rhythm at around the 40 minute mark. It all culminates in him ripping off the duct tape at the very end of the episode whereis Chuck is still doing it properly. What a deep episode that would've been, right my fellow BCS fans? Pure pleb filter.

Depends on if it triggers your autism in conjecture with other weak attachments to the material. Im sure I had my moments. I know I thought the last season was shit with a few saving graces.

>"Do you think, like, the removing of the duck tape is a metaphor for the them removing their OWN facades? Man this show is incredible."

Not really. Most people simply don't know how strong whatever type of acid is and the ones who do are usually smart enough to also understand that BrBa was a dark comedy and the acid joke just worked better with some creative liberty.

>there has been no character development
Bitch, please, even Kim and Howard got their share.

It's pleb filter. Anyone who says its boring and slow paced can immediately be ignored.

If you want to know how much mobile phones have fucked up peoples attentions spans, look no further than this show where people can't even watch a 2 minute stake out scene.

BCS is the best show currently running, next to Fargo.

>implying this is any better than the fly episode in BB

That's an image from a promo commercial which has a much lower budget than the actual show and was probably filmed in 1 day with limited makeup, no surprise he wouldn't look as good as on an actual episode.

The fly was the ghost of that chick from Jessica jones.

I'm watched the first season and loved it. Decided that I'm going to wait till the whole thing is over then marathon it. Slow, better characters than bb and comfy. I think people find it hard to watch because attention spans are diminished, because this is great tv imo.

The fly episode is pure kino.

More like symbolism for guilt.

Who is different and how?
>Jimmy is still sleazy but likable
>Chuck is still crazy and hates Jimmy
>Kim is still honest with a soft spot for Jimmy despite his flaws
>Howard is still who gives a fuck he's the same guy the whole time
>Mike is still some old fuck that gets 10 minutes every episode to do nothing

>Vince created a show that was so much of a pleb filter it actually has a 100% success rate.
>Vince now can make a comfy slow paced comedy/drama without the demand for DUDE WHERES MY ACTION LMAO

I don't know what Vince was thinking with BCS, it's the type of show that requires exactly what he's bad at. All the seasons in and it still feels like a cash cow, dragged out and with unnecessary fan service. Vince's sudden lack of creativity doesn't help either, although it might be just a side effect of the style he chose.

Jimmy only wanted to be a lawyer to please Chuck since he always looked up to him.

Chuck is angry that Jimmy always got more love as a kid even though he was the problem child.

Kim knows that Jimmy is a good person at heart but doesn't like him scammin' the law.

Howard is basically the true neutral character of the show.

Mike is a guy that got sick of the police not being able to do shit and the fact that a lot of the new ones just became corrupt. He's trying to etch out a living for his daughter in law and grandaughter.

that isn't character development

People can sit through hours of predictable as hell political and diplomatic intrigue, genealogy examination and more names dropped than Pokemon species exist, just because they show a CGI dragon once or twice and have one big battle in one of the last episodes. Yet they can't handle a few timelapses and long takes no matter how beautifully shot they are or some brilliantly crafted dialogue that doesn't consist on a stiff exchange of one liners (often while one or more of the characters is nude).

>I care more about flashy sequences than actual writing and characters.

Hello Pleb! Nice to meet you.

>that doesn't consist on a stiff exchange of one liners
Better Call Saul is literally one-liner after one-liner.

>Why?
Because it's the same show, right down to the loser protagonist trying to morally justify doing shady shit only to realize it was in his blood all along. Vince is a one-trick pony.

That's a false juxtaposition. The writing is on the exact same level, it's just that the flash is toned down and replaced with more mundane shit. See It was one of the most talked about shows on Sup Forums during its run, so was Better Call Saul during its first season. How new are you?

I hope you're not implying Better Call Saul has any of that.

They're events that lead to character development

long takes are fine when used properly. They aren't meant to be used EVERY SINGLE EPISODE for 20+ minutes just for the sake wasting screen time. Exactly because the dialog and the character interactions in BCS are really entertaining, I want more of that and less watching paint dry because the director thinks it's artsy or some shit.

You have to be retarded not to notice how what's left of Jimmy's morals is quickly falling apart, or how Chuck is actually overcoming his lethargy and becoming more cunning, to the point of stepping into morally grey territory, soon to be illegal.
Kim is currently far from being honest, and is quickly and noticeably being dragged down to Jimmy's level, and Howard went from a strong position to being Chuck's puppet, and he's already showing signs of being sick of it.
As for Mike, we're getting a much needed broadening of his backstory, and his moral profile is finally being fleshed out, something that BrBa couldn't quite achieve.

It goes over the heads of most people, with their tiny attention spans and low wit. That's it. Breaking Bad would have been exactly the same if not for its hooking premise that people easily relay to their friends:

>It's a show about a teacher that starts making meth

BCS has no such hook to get morons interested

>what's left of Jimmy's morals
literally none at the beginning of the series.

3 seasons in and I still feel unfulfilled. I'm sure it's supposed to feel comfier.

Hoping Gus in the mix will prop it up a bit

reminder that season 1 literally ended with Jimmy's morals falling apart after Chuck stabbed him in the back and told him he is not a real lawyer.

What morals? Jimmy has been dishonest the entire series. Even when he was supposed to be working an honest job he was still doing dishonest shit that would get him disbarred in a second. Chuck isn't more cunning, in fact we only found out how he was controlling things behind the scenes the whole time recently. Kim hasn't changed at all, she's only felt the consequences of being close to Jimmy. Howard going "uh hey Chuck don't do this" isn't development.

I wanted this show to be good but it's clear at this point that it's just more hacky Vince shit

>Going from bribing a clerk with stuffed animals to endangering the life of your closest living relative and openly breaking the law left and right isn't moral degradation
Guess you won't see it until he blows someone's face off or slaughters a bunch of guys with a machine gun.

They're literal retards, most likely from Sup Forums. They can only "think" in black and white generalizations and identity politics.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Chuck did nothing wrong.

I guess you missed the parts where he openly broke the law multiple times in every season and in flashbacks to before he became a lawyer. But yea muh progression.

The whole first season is Jimmy trying to be a legit, moral lawyer to impress his big bro, despite his past in being a con-man.

This is clearly shown when the Kettlemans have to basically force a bribe onto him when he wanted to do things legally and represent them as their lawyer. This is also shown in the 2nd episode when he turns around and saves the skater twin's lives even though he was risking his own by arguing with crazy-ass Tuco. A selfish Jimmy with no morals would've left them to die to save his own skin.

>brings up Sup Forums out of fucking nowhere
>complains about identïy politics
hehe you trolled me good

>mike checks tire pressure for 10 minutes
>not kino

The show literally started with Jimmy endangering the lives of random teenagers by making them fake accidenty by getting hit by cars. Jimmy isn't any worse in S3 than he was in S1. In fact, if anything he's been getting better, not worse. Also he never attempted to endanger Chuck's life, not sure what exactly you are talking about there.

Not only does nothing happen, but also nothing can happen because we know where all the major characters end up. So you're just watching plebbit-tier metaphors about cups not fitting into cupholder and trying not to fall asleep.

>random teenagers

You mean the con artists who tried to scam him, whom he saved purely out of the goodness of his heart? You're a fucking moron.

Remember when he got a job he didn't like, did it for 10 episodes and then quit? What a great show, it's just like real life. They've finally done it, they've captured the horrible reality of life on film

>Hoping Gus in the mix will prop it up a bit
fucking retard

"Endangered the lives of con-artist teenagers by making them do what they were already doing anyway accept with more possible pay"
I have a feeling user didn't even watch the first season.

So instead of talking them out of doing that shit or at the very least not wanting anything to do with it, he wanted in on the action and encouraged them to keep going. And you pretend that is a morally upstanding character? Fucking retard.

>he wants more grumpy chuck and binocular scenes

bring me a pillow faggot

>he wants to force characters that don't belong

He didn't "want in on the action". It wasn't a simple scam to sue some random person who hits them. The plan was that they have Mrs Kettleman hit the skater twin, Saul "happens" to be there, and he bails her out of the whole thing, AKA no one innocent is sued. And then, since she sees how good of a lawyer Jimmy is, she hires him for the big embezzlement case involving her husband. Jimmy gets the job, gets paid good, and pays the skater twins.

It was a shifty method, but the whole point is that it'd lead to legitimate work with no one innocent getting hurt or being sued. The problem is that the skater twin got hit by Tuco's grandma's car instead since it was the same model, and that led to their trouble, screwing the plan up. Jimmy even warned them to wait for him but they chased after her on their own anyway.

Like I said before, I don't think user watched the first season.

ah the epic 'pleb filter' meme XD
true detective season 2 is also le kino and pleb filter xD

I dropped this show during the first episode of 3rd season, fool me once, heck, fool me twice but I'm not letting Vince fool me for the third time.

The people who act like a show is automatically good because it's slow, boring, and nothing happens are worse than the people who dislike a show because it's slow, boring, and nothing happens

>STOP STRIPPING MY SHOWS OF SUPERNATURAL ELEMENTS! IT WAS A FLY GHOST!! REEEEEEEEEEE

honestly though, the chick dressed in black and looked like a bug-eyed fly.

And Jessica Jones can jump REALLY HIGH but she can't FLY.
Coincidence? I think not.

this thread turned into reddit fast

>Vince is a one-trick pony.
t. underage that's never watched the X Files