This month's public bread is provided by the Capitoline Brotherhood of Millers...

This month's public bread is provided by the Capitoline Brotherhood of Millers. The Brotherhood uses only the finest flour: true Roman bread... for true Romans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QZeRkvvAKhI
youtube.com/watch?v=pj8yq_urL5c
youtube.com/watch?v=8tAT_A71WOs
youtube.com/watch?v=dftx28aZ46c
youtube.com/watch?v=F8hNaCnOdcw
youtube.com/watch?v=WsGEoYUZ6r8
youtube.com/watch?v=599AzvrUqo0
youtube.com/watch?v=9SFsAqqN7fU
youtube.com/watch?v=aiJEdqxf7R4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best character in the show.

Piece of shit show, I'm glad it got canned.

Can anyone recommend a historical show that's as good as Rome? I know Spartacus exists, but from what I heard it's not really historical and more like the Vikings.

Fight me.

I, Claudius
Shogun
Rick and Morty

>Rick and Morty

Don't knock it until you've tried it friendiddlykino

It's a fucking cartoon. He asked for good historical shows. I was under the impression he meant something that had a target audience older than 15.

youtube.com/watch?v=QZeRkvvAKhI

This scene is so good. Everyone in it is just flawless. The acting is literally perfect by everyone involved.

>HE REFUSES TO MEET ME

>no big titty monster gf

By order of the triumvirate, during his residence here, all mockery of Jews and their one god shall be kept to an appropriate minimum

there's something magnetic and inexplicably hilarious in how this phrase is built

MOMMY

GAIUS
JULIUS
CAESAR
A
E
S
A
R

What's wrong with alt-history youthkino?

Barbarians Rising

>we know you're going to talk shit about the niggers, but while they're here please be genteel about it and do it when they can't hear you

MMMMWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHH! THE Byzantine EMPIRE HAS ALWAYS

kill yourself faggot

>kill yourself reddit

ftfy

that sincerity always kills me, it's so simple and light-hearted

rude

>historical show
Sharpe

move on anons, the redditfags have claimed this thread.

Another thread ruined by reddid fucks.

snivelry

Let's get this thread back to the point. Who was the best women character?
I have no idea what that means

Snivelry: whining and complaining about small matters.

kill yourself

Atia for sure.

Also, see for based Antony

Stop responding to them. They crave (you)s. They are their upboats

Cleopatra wasn't exactly pretty but there's something just so fucking lewd about that woman. My dick is diamonds every single time I see that scene where she's pulling at Vorenus' belt with her foot. Her legs are so sexy.

13TH

youtube.com/watch?v=pj8yq_urL5c

my gf is practically Rome's Cleopatra but with D cups

ALL MOCKERY OF JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD IS TO BE KEPT TO AN ABSOLUTE MINIMUM

It's also a quote from Marc Antony (he says it memorably)

Game of Thrones

It's appropriate minimum not absolute minimum.

damn that makes it funnier too

He says pretty much everything memorably. Purefoy is a fucking phenomenal actor.

Rome was the first thing that made me understand what the politics actually felt like.

Get out of here R&M cuckolds.

fuck yourself reddit

Are you saying it wasn't a good show? Rome was fucking seminal

I don't watch cartoons you dumb fuck

>Are you saying it wasn't a good show?
no i'm saying fuck yourself reddit

Sup Forums explain to me why you like this show so much
it was pretty comfy and very cool how well made the props/costumes were, but the show feels like school TV.
"Today our hero Pullo will explore *roman historical event*"

this criticism is invalid

What was his fucking problem?

>le websites war

reddit

What's your fucking problem?

>buy a bunch of games for once
>go on Sup Forums to add people to play with
>they're all 15-18 years old

yeah like school tv with blackjack and hookers (dices and slaves)

sure thing bud

how could he have a problem with reddit 200 BC

too much confidence, best character tho

Unsurprising considering Romans were probably the greatest populists in the history of politics.

>you'll never have a theme so good other movie plagiarizes it shamelessly
youtube.com/watch?v=8tAT_A71WOs

Also, Titus movie poster is so misleading it's not even funny.

Is this worth watching?

I've always hated it which is why I never watched it. Yeah i know that's kinda dumb. But I always saw it in Blockbuster and didn't like it.

Thank you, Baron Harkonnen.

QT germanic wifu with adorable accent

>all mockery of Jews and their one god shall be kept to an appropriate minimum

This belongs on a banner.

Three Kingdoms, muthafucka!

youtube.com/watch?v=dftx28aZ46c

>I know Spartacus exists,
faggot shit

The Last Kingdom

I liked Marco Polo.

It got infinitely better when they stopped making it about Marco Polo and turned it into Khan: The Show.

But just as it was heading for greatness they cancelled it :(

Still worth a watch for Benedict Wong though.

Remember when the slave trader said "cunny"?

Rome [and Carnivale/spoiler]shouldn't have been cancelled; Rome > GoT

HE WAS A CONSOLE OF ROME!

Atia
Cleopatra
Octavia
Jocasta
Niobe
Eirene

Wasn't she a gaul

If I remember correctly that was actual the case with her. Her face wasn't all that beautiful but her mannerisms and how she spoke were incredibly tasty.

Purefoy as Bond when? Never? Too old?

I remember I laughed seeing that. I mean it's should be an obvious thing but I never thought they would do it back then.

HE WORSHIPS DOGS AND REPTILES. HE BLACKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT LIKE A PROSTITUTE. HE DANCES AND PLAYS THE CYMBALS IN VILE NILOTIC RITES.

>true roman bread
>100% egyptian wheat

Are Lucius Vorenus, Vorena the elder, and Vorena the younger into vore?

Egypt is a province of Rome.

My sides = in orbit.

I, Claudius

Beep beep, best character coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=F8hNaCnOdcw
youtube.com/watch?v=WsGEoYUZ6r8
youtube.com/watch?v=599AzvrUqo0

spartacus is fantastic, give it a few episodes to find its feet. three kingdoms is good. the last kingdom is good. borgias, marco polo, deadwood, hell on wheels, all entertaining.

if you watch i, claudius, your gonna get that bombastic opening tune stuck in your head forever.

>console

>i'm very very new

IIRC she was from either the Icenii, who were Celts in what is now England, or the Ivernii, who were the Irish. Icenii makes more sense historically.

you can't spell so i'm new? xD wow

I thought she was Germanic?

Not enough peasant girls to bone on your journeys.

My nigga

my fuckin MAN, love that show, bought a bootleg copy of the whole series on blu ray when i was in beijing
>throws baby

Hated that actor. He played him as far too Timid, and he came off as two dimensional and fake instead of a good statesman.

Is this actually any good? From what I've seen it comes across quite ridiculous.

Asians will always have a different style of acting. Its more theatrical than hollywood, but if you understand it for what it is and not just "corny acting" then it is a golden series my man.

Would have made a perfect Manderly in GOT, would have made season 5 watchable,

>He played him as far too Timid
That was an act on Octavian's part. He's anything but timid in the show. He just repeatedly lets his enemies underestimate him. Cicero, Antony, his mother and others all think they can control him and he destroys them all. The three clips I posted are him destroying Cicero and the Senate, which Julius Caesar had spent the entire first season trying to bend to his will, the second is him bitch-slapping Antony, his mother and everyone else in the room, and finally him utterly wrecking Cleopatra.

He's repeatedly shown to be by far the best statesman. Look at this scene: youtube.com/watch?v=9SFsAqqN7fU
He deliberately lets Antony decide how to split Rome and deliberately leads him into choosing the East of the Empire, while reminding Antony of all the reasons he wouldn't want to rule there. However, Antony goes out of sight and out of mind while Octavian consolidates his power and position among he people of Rome.

If you couldn't see that you're an idiot.

>Asians will always have a different style of acting
youtube.com/watch?v=aiJEdqxf7R4

TRVE ROMAN THREAD FOR TRVE ROMANS