If you are on Sup Forums don't listen to the one faggot spamming threads about Rick and Morty until you've actually...

If you are on Sup Forums don't listen to the one faggot spamming threads about Rick and Morty until you've actually seen the show. It's a show with a lot of good jokes and gags and decent overarching subplots that'll keep you entertained if you are willing to do some research. It is a love letter to old scifi and horror movies and most of the jokes derive their comedy from directly subverting tropes that you'd usually see in those genres.

Here's an example of it's comedy style: youtube.com/watch?v=s5A5Mb__fiA

If you thought that gag was decent then you'll likely enjoy the show.

Resist the spam, form your own opinions, don't be a contrarian for the sake of it, try watching the show before you get too jaded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ekP0LQEsUh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unironically this

The spamming is what got me to watch it actually. And I like it desu, I don't feel it's a 9/10 show like imdb says but still gud

t. reddit

Yeah, I watched it after seeing it spammed here in countless threads and think it's great. 8/9 out of 10 for sure. One of the few times that a Sup Forums recommendation has actually been good.

To be fair that is one of the funniest scenes in all of Rick and Morty, so you cherrypicked that a bit hard

The "DUDE SCIENCE THERE IS NO GOD LMAO" aspect that makes it so supposedly Reddit is actually ironic; it's kind of amusing that shitposters don't get that. Rick is a deeply disturbed alcoholic and Morty is quite literally a moron. Roiland is making fun of this kind of thinking.

The only semi-relatable character is Summer, and she's going down the path of Beth, being dependent on someone who abandons her constantly.

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's whats selling Rick and Morty.

It is from the first episode I believe? There are dozens of scenes on youtube with well over 500k views. I just tried to pick one from the earliest episodes I could think of.

You never had any friends, did you.

>that
>funny

holy shit I think I am by far the oldest user here now, I'm talking with literal CHILDREN at this point

is.. is it time for me to graduate?

t. redditt

They could produce faster like where the fuck is episode 2?

it's literally a meme show, taylor made for reddit

>taylor made for reddit

Taylor is a pretty talented guy/gal.

I LIKE R&M!

I'll kick your ass kid

t. plebbit

Lol still doesn't change the fact that I can kick both of your asses, don't @ me

You either get a general going or I'll have to move this shit to Sup Forums, fucking retards.

gb2>>>/reddit/ underaged doublenigger.

Season 3 premier was released ahead of schedule for April 1st as a non-April fools joke.

>ellipses
No, it's time for you to lurk more.

I think a better intro to the show would be this clip. Summarizes the show pretty well with all the characterizations.

youtube.com/watch?v=ekP0LQEsUh0

>It's a show with a lot of good jokes and gags
No, it's literally r eddit tier trash

first 3 episodes contained cuckolding and that vicious authoritarian ratfaced turd jon oliver

why the fuck would I want to keep watching this?

That was Jon Oliver? The guy who died due to his own stupidity? Neat.

this is fucking awful unfunny show

holy shit

Not your speed? Oh well. What's something you'd recommend?

>watching tv shows and movies
lmao

That's what I figured.

It was making of cuckolding you retard. Even a simple joke like that passed over your head, no wonder you're spazzing out "reddit reddit" everywhere

This was the first episode I landed on with this show.
Still ended up being a neat episode though, intriguing me to watch the rest.

>I unironically watch rebbit and memey
>I-It's making fun of cucking I swear
LOL

I didn't take that from the episode. It played the cuckolding thing pretty straight. In fact I'd say that's one of the weaker sub-stories for the series as a whole. Jerry not being comfortable with his parents' situation is one thing, but then the show uses it to turn it against Jerry when Beth is all

>Jerry got an invitation to be alive and he didn't take it

It really sucks that underaged redditors are now posting here a lot more.

Oh well I guess this board can't get any worse.

Bane?
Face it this, show hit rock bottom ages ago.

>Sup Forums's only complaint against the show is burping the rare atheist joke

Why is Sup Forums in general so terrible at supporting their opinions?

Beth was just being supportive for the sake of it, they have shitty marriage so she finds excuses to shit on him. The show clearly made fun of it when his mother made out with the black dude while his father watched them wearing a fucking Superman costume, and Jerry said they were all disgusting. Even in the end, Summer said that they've learned nothing.

>they have shitty marriage so she finds excuses to shit on him

But we're clearly supposed to be on Beth's side when that moment happens. We're supposed to shit on Jerry the whole episode even though he's the one who made that delicious looking ham while everyone else was busy on their devices. Then she has the gall to make that comment at the rear end of the episode.

If you say to me that we aren't supposed to take Beth's side there, well then I'll eat my words. But I don't think that's the case given that everyone shits on Jerry for that episode.

>But we're clearly supposed to be on Beth's side when that moment happens.
Just beacuse she said a line, doesn't mean we're supposed to take her side. Throughout the whole episode they clearly made fun of the situation. Are you honestly saying that Superman scene wasn't intended for laughs? Jerry was the normal nice guy the whole episode

>that scene
>'decent gag'
I can't tell if this is a serious post or some kind of advanced false-flagging defamation attempt

I really fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92

Today OP was not a faggot

Can you post a decent gag from a comedy of your choice?

Of course the Superman part was intended for laughs. But all it did was make me feel for Jerry that his family was gross enough to pull that shit in front of company and they STILL give him shit for it.

I kinda wrote it off in the middle of S2, but it was never really bad and I thought the S3 premier was pretty good

You're supposed to be grossed out by it and then accept that in the grand scheme of things what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms isn't really important and doesn't really affect you at all.

I already knew that last bit. It's a tad different considering they start in the damn living room in front of everyone while Summer and her boyfriend start going for it, too. The crux of this I feel is that I think the writers wanted us to side with Beth at the end, which you disagree with.