WTF?

Why the hell is there like 15 Rick and Morty threads? Can we talk about some true animated Kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bEzEifQdbfQ
cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/volatile/Niemitz-1997.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

both shows are good

Because Moral Orel has more of an impact if you grew up with a religious background

Rick and Morty is the equivalent to a 15 year old from a rather agnostic family discovering The God Delusion for the fist time and thinks he is more enlightened than the rest of the world

DUDE RELIGION IS BAD DESPITE BEING THE FOUNDATION OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS LMAO. WHO CARES IF THE WEST IS CRUMBLING BY STRAYING FROM RELIGION?

Morel Orel is literally, unironically kino

The dark ages where the church had complete control was when the advancement of technology, or civilization, was at its lowest rate. But you can keep attributing it to religion if it makes you feel better. Look at the Middle East, that's what western nations had hundreds of years ago.

>Adult Swim
>animated "comedy
>15 minutes long
>dude conservative christians are dumb lmao

You have to go back

That was because of the fall of fucking rome

stay in school kid

this tbhq

They are though.

>The dark ages where the church had complete control was when the advancement of technology, or civilization, was at its lowest rate.

the church didnt have full control and technology progressed hugely during and after the dark ages

Fuck off the dark ages were created by the fall of rome and the church was literally besiged by the lombards the entire time

I hope some day you learn just how much of an incorrect meme this is.

what you can't love more than one show

The show is a lot more even keeled than that

>the church didnt have full control and technology progressed hugely during and after the dark ages

No thanks to Christians. Most technology of the period came from the East, slowly by word of mouth and traded items.

Reddit and memey will never be real as this
youtu.be/bEzEifQdbfQ

>No thanks to Christians
mmm, not exactly correct. Science certainly leaned hard on spirituality around that time, but the modern age of rigor was started in part by monks upset with this, actually.

is he, dare I say, /ourguy/?

The "dark ages" was just an economic collapse of the west that had begun hundreds of years before the fall of rome

Biggest Adult Swim pleb filter:

Believing Moral Orel is a statement against organized religion.

Agreed

>Why the hell is there like 15 Rick and Morty threads?
we are reddit now, apparently.

>every joke is literally just "DUDE GOD DOESN'T REAL CONSERVATIVES AND CHRISTIANS ARE IDIOTS AMIRITE KILL ALL WHITE PEOPLE LMAO"

It's literally the exact same thing as Rick and Morty

Moral Orel main target of ridicule was always the hypocrisy of a specific kind of small town American Midwest bible fundamentalism, not God or Christianity. Orel's relationship with God is portrayed in a natural, positive & healthy manner.

Season 1 and parts of Season 2 sucked balls BUT I've NEVER seen a show pull an emotional 180 like Morel Orel

Christianity is degenerate.

And Moral Orel was cancelled because of this. But now R&M and Bojack get praise for being dramatic and sad. Fucking normies

Moral Orel did it right, when Rick and Morty does it I feel like it was written by a redditor trying to copy Futurama.

>And Moral Orel was cancelled because of this.

Good, it ended almost perfectly.

Even Futurama did it better. That dog episode...

Fuck you I like Rick and Morty too, also it's like a flashback to newgrounds flash animation.

Dude.

Those shows don't touch Orel in pathos.

I'd like to see Orel going through serious crisis of faith. But you kinda right though, they didn't have time to ruin it

Because they hiding in layers of irony and sarcasm

The show at no point condemns religion. As a matter of fact, I believe Orel stays faithful in the end iirc.

And what massive empire in the east had all this tech? Might it been the byzantines? And wouldnt the slow tech growth of the west be more at the fault of germanics being shit at administration at the time?

This. Moral Orel is pro religion, despite what brainlets think.

accurate.

It's not pro religion, it's pro faith.

>le middle ground good
>le extreme behavior is a mark of bad and not true faith
really activates my dailycentrist show reddit spiritual sensibilities.

That was decided at the end of the 30 years war

Why don't you killing muslims then?

nah, Bojack's pretty good. And R&M is Dan Harmon, what do you expect?

Clay did nothing wrong. His abusive father and Bloberta are the real villains of the show.

Bojack was awful, even going past the first seven episodes it tries too hard to pull the "muh feels"

>religion is bad
>the show shows bunch of people using religion for their own needs and being assholes
>the only few actual christian characters in the town are the good guys in the show
I think you missed the point

I AM DROWNING
THERE IS NO SIGN OF LAND

>people who don't understand moral orel wasn't about condemning Catholics but the hypocrisy of judging others
>people who don't understand Rick and Morty is making fun of diehard atheists

t. show that got me into the mountain goats

If Moral Orel was airing right now, Sup Forums would shit on it and call it "reddit".

There's nothing to understand about r&m.

Na, see MO has subtlety and good direction

I maintain this show was more of an indictment of the traits of religious people than spirituality itself.
The only episode that struck me as a straight up "fedora" attack on christianity is the evolution episode, which is a pretty safe stance.

Proof?

It did, but if it aired right now christies would throw a fit
they're doing it in this thread right now

>they're doing it in this thread right now
It's not airing and no one call it reddit, what you mumbling about

rick just sort of is an atheist, he's not an epic scientist idol, he's not a parody of a redditor he's a flawed character who acts realistically like an aloof detached misanthrope.

It condemns using religion as a justification for evil and selfish deeds.

>watching the electronic Jew
>letting the electronic Jew tell you about God
I hope you can tip your fedora fast enough to keep yourself cool in Hell, because that's where you're going to end up if you keep up this /(((tv)))/ addiction.

because they call everything that

Not for lack of trying. Both came close IMHO.

Which is not the same thing as

DUDE GOD ISN'T REAL LMAO

Why does Sup Forums hate rick and morty for the atheism shit, but praise this? You hypocrites

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college age self important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's whats selling Rick and Morty

Nah, he's a typical tryhard nihilist with a wicked sense of humour who feels sad sometimes but always smart enough to resolve any problem and alwyas right

>yfw season 3
jesus christ

It's not, Moral Orel almost had to broach the subject tactfully because the whole show revolved around religion.
Could you imagine a show entirely about religion pulling "god doesn't real xd" shit? It'd be trash

Because Moral Orel is literally the opposite of an atheist show.

He's been wrong though. He sucks real bad but uses elitism as a shield.

Why do people feel the need to compare to completely different shows with very different tones and objectives?

I like that they made a happy end instead of EXISTENCE POINTLESS AND EVERYONE IS MISERABLE LMAO

>any scene involving the nurse

existence is pointless, you don't have to be miserable, enjoy it for the opportunity it is.

B-but muh reproduction...

essentially instinct, we're designed to want to propagate through millenia of trial and error evolution where the weak died.

Yeah but the show isn't making it out that he is right. In the most recent episode, morty criticizes his sister for idolizing Rick because he isn't meant to be a good guy. I don't understand why the main character being all the things you stated necessarily make the show bad. The show never says "This guys great you should be more like him" it even does the opposite on multiple occasions. Just because retarded redditors don't get that doesn't mean the show is bad.

>tfw i am doughey irl

>nihlism
when will this meme end?

Most of the people criticizing don't watch it enough to realize rick is a smart guy putting up a paper thin facade of having his shit together.
The man is an alcoholic.

When nihilists start to get some pussy. So never

when the sun burns out

It's frustrating because I bet these same people would scoff at the morons who said that the Wolf of Wall Streat idolized the protagonist while doing the exact same thing to Rick and Morty.

the idea is to give your own life meaning. set goals, have fun. life is essentially a game

>show about innocent and dumb kid that totally rely on some nihilistic burnout who drowns his sorrow in alcohol
Yeah totally different shows.

to be fair, unlike scorsese's other movies wolf didn't do much to show the human misery belfort was spreading

Sounds corny af

>Oh cool a moral orel thread, havent seen one of these in ages. That show was great. I wonder what people are saying
>Religion baiting and shitposting
This place is beyond repair

it does sound like hollow life affirming crap when i put it like that but it's true
do whatever you want fuck it
play nice though

Bakshi is the king of animated kino.

Moral Orel/Rick & Morty crossover when?

Orel's Dad can terrify Jerry with his drunken rants.

>do whatever you want fuck it
>play nice though

So... don't do whatever you want fuck it.

(You) can do better than that.

>redditor thinks Christianity caused the Dark Ages

The cause of this "Dark Age" was the collapse of the Western Roman Empire and the waves of invasions and raiding that followed it. Without the larger economy and administrative infrastructure of the Empire to sustain them, trade systems, large public works and educational systems all collapsed, contracted into local versions or died out in western Europe. And waves of invasions by various Germanic peoples, Avars, Moors, Magyars and Vikings made mere survival a higher priority than things like preserving books or maintaining road systems.

The idea that Christianity caused or significantly contributed to the fall of the Western Empire has long since been rejected by modern historians. It clearly wasn't a significant factor, since while the Western Empire collapsed, the equally (or even more) Christian Eastern Empire continued for another 1000 years without collapsing and without any "Dark Age".

>dark ages
You know the whole "dark ages" meme is fedora tipping Enlightenment era philosophers jerking themselves off, right?

YOU ARE COMING DOWN WITH ME

>homosexuals think the years 614 AD through 911 AD even happened
cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/volatile/Niemitz-1997.pdf