Slasher

friday the 13th is dead, a nightmare on elm street is dead, they made a new tcm movie and decided not to release it, announced a new halloween and people didn't give a shit. is the slasher movie genre officially dead? how do we save the slasher genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

horror-movies.ca/2017/02/leatherface-writer-offers-new-details-texas-chainsaw-massacre-prequel/
youtube.com/watch?v=kEhgkg-_7x8
youtu.be/Iq3lLtFHouw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I gave a shit

David Gorden Green and Danny McBride will save Halloween

Just enjoy the films from the past.

Anything produced today will be shot digitally, have little to no practical blood effects, cast model-esque actors, and won't have that comfy 80's setting that makes slashers enjoyable.

What movie is that webm from?

>they made a new tcm movie and decided not to release
When?

horror-movies.ca/2017/02/leatherface-writer-offers-new-details-texas-chainsaw-massacre-prequel/

>Prequel about teenage Leatherface
Stephen Dorff and Lili Taylor though

Slasher is alive in television.

Sounds bad.

I'll take an origin story over boo scares and shit frame work any day

There's no origins story, it's just a family of cannibals.

Why don't they just get tobe hooper for another tcm movie? he's the only person capable of making a great tcm film. he could bring back the hitchhiker, drayton and chop top with leatherface. it could be really good. jared leto would make a good hitchhiker.

>jared leto would make a good hitchhiker.
damn son, kill yourself

Y'know, in that scene, when Michael puts the mask back on, his face scrunches up really weird-like.

Like his face looks like a mask while he's trying to put a mask over a mask.

Hard to explain unless you watch the scene slowly.

The hitchhiker died in the first when he got hit by the truck.

There is a movie called The All American Massacre that's about Chop Top prior to TCM II. It hasn't been released and the maker has been trying to release it for some time.

Has Bill Mosley playing the role, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=kEhgkg-_7x8

Also, I would rather see Hooper make a sequel than retreading.

>friday the 13th is dead
FUCK YOU PARAMOUNT!

Seconded.
Them promising it won't have unneeded comedy was a big kind piece of reassurance.

Plus...

>Friday the 13th 13 gets canned because Rings flopped

O-oh...

>Slasher is dead
Think again luv
youtu.be/Iq3lLtFHouw

>David Gorden Green and Danny McBride
Anyone seen this film of theirs?
Any good?

> We will never get another "IKWYD" movie that ignores 3.

> Jen Milf Love will never get naked it it...
Why fucking live man?

I just don't fucking understand why the fuck we didn't get a sequel to the 2009 film, It made a ton of money and was mostly well received by the fans. (not half as decisive as the zombie halloween's & not a 10th as hated as the 2010 Nightmare)

Those movies were awful.

We are getting Jeepers Creepers 3 this year. Is it considered a slasher?

One of Nic Cage's best. Also, the old drunk dude was great and was literally played by a homeless drunk.

Because everything about it sucked, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm street and Tcm remakes were all bad and made by the same people.

If these movies somehow make a comeback I just hope they give them to someone with talent and originality.

> H1 > H2 = H4 > H3 > H5 > H6pc > H20 > rob's H2 > rob's H1 > H6tc > Hr

>Because everything about it sucked
No nothing about the 09 film sucked, it was fucking great.
Chainsaw 3D was bad but the 2003 TCM is universally considered to be at least good.

The Paramount/New Line 2009 reboot really wasn't too bad.

So close but replace Curse with H20

>No nothing about the 09 film sucked
Everything about it sucked from the story to the cinematography, there's nothing memorable about that movie, it's just generic and uninspired, the same goes for the Tcm remake, it's an awful safe movie, I can't even consider it an horror movie.

The story was absolutely no fucking different or worse then any other f13 film and the cinematography was gorgeous.

>>H1 > H2

The only relevant ones.

it's true tho

Anyone seen pic related?
Any good?

bump

They've been saying that for like 15 years. I'll believe it when i see it.

>Charlie's Farm
>ft. Pepe
>Musical score by The It Ain't Me Gang

I'd like to see someone reboot Friday the 13th and incorporate elements of the admittedly pretty terribly television show. Make it where the original story with Mrs. Voorhees is revealed to have been trying some sort of blood ritual to resurrect her son.

Great, rob zombie can't ruin it some more.

Bump