Homeschooling

Anyone here that was homeschooled? How would you rate the experience?

Anyone here a parent who homeschools? What are some things you've learned about it that you didn't realize before?

For the record, you couldn't hold a gun to my head to get me to put my kids in public school. And fuck private schools too.

i was taken ot of public school after 4th grade and "skipped grades" and got a high school diploma at age 15 while home schooled
have been neet ever since and am 24 now
suicide soon

Yeah I was community/homeschooled

was exactly as any normal school, college, only difference is there was real learning and no shit tolerated.

college was fun and all but from a learning perspective it was pretty retarded.

Do you think you went too fast by getting your diploma at 15?

Homeschooling would make sense if the point of school was to educate you. Protip: it isn't.

>u
just stop being a cuckboi and do womething with your life.

literally just call randoms asking for work, better than nothing.

Redpill us on school bro

whats the point of homeschooling then?

If you home school you need a group to interact with to make well adjusted kids. Know a few weirdos that never had a friend outside of mom and dad, and a few Mormons schooled in groups of six to ten that would get a kidney if they needed it.

My wife's family did it where the girls were homeschooled and the boys had the choice to actually go to school. I think that's how we're going to do it too.

I was pulled out of Highschool Sophomore year and homeschooled for the other two. Both parents worked, education consisted of going to the library and learning shit on my own or going to the neighbors because they had an actual homeschooling service with computerized tests and shit. Got a job at 16 and worked practically full time during those 2 years

Got my GED at 18 because NJ law is cancer, quit job to do college (It was just BK but they wanted me as a manager, problem is that leaves no room for advancement and it's 14 hour days at fucking BK). I did a year and a half at the college because financial problems at home, floated around some odd jobs, now working as a Landscaper at 19

I honestly don't think it was a good or bad thing. I never really had many friends in school anyway, didn't get along well with my teammates because we weren't from the same town (3 town school, both other towns are rich kids who hate peasantry like me), I hated my teachers, and I spent my weekends at home with my family and dogs anyway. Now I do/did that exact same thing but I'm making money and not getting arrested for Heroin like the 8 kids at the highschool

Social situation still blows though, friend I've had since Kindergarten became the biggest narcissistic baby I've ever met in my life who literally started crying when he didn't get his way, friendgirl I've known since we were 1 became a purple-pilled stoner who's marrying a beaner so he gets citizenship before she's even 20

The point of homeschooling is to teach your kid the actual sciences and skills. The point of regular school is to force you into society at an early age so that you either integrate into it or get bullied and kill yourself. It may look like it's a service just like any other - if you don't want to shave, you go to a barber, if you don't want to teach your kids, you make them go to school - but there are (unintended, I'm sure) social consequences.

This user gets it.

This is entirely correct.

Only proven problem with it is screwed up parents with mental illness and lack of socialization

I was home-schooled for a year after my family changed states. Pretty retarded choice on my parents' part in terms of social development, as we left after 4th grade and I started in the new school district for 6th grade, where everyone was almost literally segregated by elementary school.

I was homeschooled 1st to 12th grade. The education was leagues above my peers, its hard to overstate this. However I started to browse Sup Forums due to lonlieness and boredom where from what I could tell, my public school peers didn't have a problem with because they had social outlets through school.

Other homeschoolers that I've come,into contact with say pretty much the same. Its give and take, better preparation for academics, worse for socialization due to isolatuon, however you can negate the latter by doing other things (albeit somewhat difficult due to homeschool, still possible nonetheless)

I plan to homeschool my children. I don't trust the American public schools.

I went out with a homeschool chick for a while. She made me drive to her fucking house to break up with me.

Homeschooling is for religious people who are scared of their children being exposed to naughty things.

Not saying public school is great either.

Get your child a private education if you love them

russia is entirely correct here and let me add a few points.

public schools are full indoctrination.

NEVER SEND YOUR KIDS THERE.

private schools "can" be ok, but only the ones that rely on 100% tuition and no government funding (super elite ones you can't afford) and any private school that takes a tiny amount of government funding to stay afloat will be fucking sucking globalist cock.

schools are indoctrination centers to force kids to comply with agendas.

you don't need school to teach your kid to be a functioning member of society, a honest and good person...you need to be a good parent.

arguably, the best parents make themselves financially secure, then full time homeschool their kids and teach them real stuff. educate them properly with real tutors.

it's not just leftism indoctrination either, you're naive if you think that's the aim of schools.

like this user says if you want your son to not be a degenerate you have to show him degenerates and explain how they got there.

schools teach compliance in the system and subservience, which is not a good thing. it's literally a place to turn your children into goys who will be easily programmed by mass media to think whatever they need to.

tl:dr homeschool your kids and teach them critical thinking. don't tell them "nigs are bad", show them niggers and crime statistics and let them make their own mind up. encourage rational thought and they'll see the truth on their own.

Homeschooled up until HS, where I was sent to a coop school which was basically like a public school for homeschooled kids. Fucking dumb.

The teachers were a bunch of stay at home moms who didn't know the material they were teaching at all. They could barely stay one step ahead of the kids. In algebra WE had to teach our teacher how to do shit.

As far as I'm concerned I didn't receive a high school education. but I have a diploma.

I was homeschooled starting at eleven and graduating at fourteen. I'd rate it a solid 2/10.

It really depends on how dedicated the parents are. Mine had the IQ of dogshit, so it was basically me alone in my room hauling out textbooks and making lesson plans for myself 24/7 365 days a year. I didn't have any friends and I've developed some pretty fucked up points of view, but I did what I had to.

Don't ever take your kids out of public school if you're having issues with stability in your household, or if you don't think you have the preservance to keep up with their education. You're keeping them from dealing with people, being shown different points of view, and you're effectively shielding them from the real world. People are fucking dicks, and kids that grow up without being exposed to that break very easily. I'm lucky I turned out to be a misanthropic asshole instead of a suicidal manchild.

Agreed, the parents need to not be scum and if they don't know something, hire a tutor.

But the alternative is a child unable to critically think because public school pounds them down and makes them obedient.

Private school can be good, but again you need a lot of money.

It really comes down to good parenting, to be honest.

I was pulled out of public school for 2nd grade. Counselor told my parents I had great potential but no future (I got bored and fucked around on the copmuters in lab instead of playing word munchers).

I used to be actually quite outgoing and social in K-1 grades. By 2nd grade the retarded social structure in public school starts crushing you down - the cliques, the cool kids and the losers.

Anyway, at home I taught myself math out of Saxon textbooks up through geometry. I did english assignments and reading, etc with my mom supervising. My sister also was pulled at the same time in 5th grade. By around 11am-1pm there'd be no more work to do because i would literally power through it without even having a bathroom break. Then I went to make shitty visual basic games on my computer.

We also regularly had friends from church studies and such where we socialized. We'd have mini-colleges where you could take classes for a few weeks, that was where I learned how to write HTML with macromedia dreamweaver (it was quite some time ago)

We went back to public high school because it was a good school. It took me a few days to re-calibrate socially to the cunts at school. After a while I became one of them and got pretty good grades without even having to try. Shit, you acutally had a teacher to explain things from the book!
Basically being homeschooled depends on why your parents wanted to do it. Did they want to wall you off from the degenerate society? Did they want to give you a better education? Were they fucking prepper retards? To ask the question is to answer it.

After seeing the bullshit my friends went thru in middle school I swore to never let my kids suffer through that garbage.
Many public schools are far worse than the OK ones I went to - making the case for homeschooling even stronger.

We did always know a few wackos with sperg kids but they were maybe 5% of usually well adjusted kids that had no trouble talking to kids of all ages as well as adults.

I agree with this opinion.
Also universities teach you bureaucracy, bribery and all the adult business stuf you didn't learn in school.

>It really depends on how dedicated the parents are.

There you go

Thing is, shitty parents would still be just as shitty if the kids were smearing feces on the walls of the cafeteria down at the public school.

Bad parents is a terrible curse.

I don't know, slot of these comments seem to be public school helps with social interaction with less education and homeschool vice versa, but I was public schooled my whole life, but my parents were pretty red pilled, school did make me a little leftist bitch, but once I got into highschool my parents pretty much told me the school system is bull shit and fit the most part told me if I wanted to actually learn stuff if have to actually look it up, so id say you don't need homeschool to be educated you just need good parents that would help educate you, but that's just my experience

Got a kid on the way and we're home schooling the little fucker. No way in hell am I putting my kid through that torture they call the school system.

My kids will be plenty socialized through us, family, friends, neighbours, sports, net, kicking them out of the house for hours at a time to go wander around and meet other kids, etc and so on.

My cousins were homeschooled, they grew up pretty autistic and shy but ultimately they surpassed me in the game of life because they got a better education from homeschooling. It's also worth noting they were devoted Christians and my family is borderline athiest.

I'd rate it a 2/10. Turned me into a complete loser, but I'm trying to get back on my feet.

Sup Forums if you're thinking about homeschooling your kids please read this.

When i was in 2nd grade my parents took me out of school to homeschool me.
Their motivations were that I was having conduct issues at school (really nothing, playground fights that the school made a huge deal of), and because they wanted me to have a catholic curriculum.

The result? My mother, who has only a 1970s highschool education, tried to be my teacher.
Not only did i get the "religious" spelling, english, science books, but she decided her special snowflake was good enough for algebra in 3rd grade.

The result was that i was excluded from the social system, minus other homeschooled weirdos I'd hang out with sometimes, got a shitty, (but 'redpilled' to my parents) education, and was critically behind when i joined the rest of the world again in high school.

DO NOT HOMESCHOOL YOUR KIDS.

If you don't want them to be indoctrinated by public schools, you have to fork over to send them to a good private school. You should do this anyway, they will be more prepared and social adjusted.
If you can't afford to send them to private school, you send them to fucking public school. Inform them about the propaganda they will be given in school, tell them to always be aware of it.

If anything, going to a public school with minorities and low funding will do more to redpill them than your shitty idea of a curriculum would at homeschool.

Please don't homeschool your kids Sup Forums, don't fall for the meme.

I had to work for years to become a normal social person because I spent a large portion of my childhood interacting only with my family.

Don't do that to your son.

I bet you didn't even deserve to skip a grade. It was only your mother wanting to be rid of spending her time with a loser.

You're behind everyone socially and mentally.

On the subject of schools, do you guys think children going to Schools should be mandatory?

>homeschooling is common on Sup Forums

Lol this explains so much.

Sorry your parents were retarded faggots but that doesn't make homeschooling itself bad.

There are all sorts of homeschool organizations around in even small towns now, you'd have to be willfully ignorant to be so socially isolated.

They did it the wrong way. I was homeschooled from the beginning thru 6th grade, where I went to public school as a 7th grader.

I had played sports in the community and knew a lot of people from church too, so between those interactions, the transition was easy.

My parents got to teach me their values before sending me out into the world to be taught it's values.

And honestly, outside of AP classes, I never learned anything new that I hadn't already learned at home in 6th grade. Being in normal classes was like a bizarro world. Teachers were dumber than me, kids just acted up, nothing was taught. I did a paper once, well above anything the level of that class, and the teacher took my paper and never gave it back or gave me a grade because she didn't agree with my stance.

If anybody has any questions for me, ask away, I'll try to keep coming back in here and getting to them.

I was home schooled from kindergarten through to grade 10, then finished off my last two years in public school, I'm also probably the one of the few people that wasn't home schooled for religious reason as my family isn't religious. It was a good experience for me and my sister, we didn't spend our whole days being forced to sit at a desk listening to somebody drone on and on only to go home and have to do homework, we got to be kids and go outside and run around when we felt the need to. We were home schooled because our mom was a teacher before she had us and hated how schools taught, and she felt she could do better for her kids so that's what she did. It seems to have worked as me and my sister are both doing very well for ourselves in life and even better when compared to our fellow millennial peers, I don't think I'd recommend it for everybody though, it only worked for us because our mom was a teacher to begin with, we also grew up in a townhouse complex full of other kids our age so we didn't miss out on socializing because of it so neither of us ended up socially stunted like many home schooled kids.