What are the chances this movie doesn't suck like Prometheus?

What are the chances this movie doesn't suck like Prometheus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEffC2nj7xE
youtube.com/watch?v=btEpF334Rtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slim to none. We're entering SW prequel territory here

Goose egg.

who's writing it?
prometheus biggest flaw was the script, it was so stupid it was reported some people eyerolled to death

About the same as the chance of you getting a gf

PROMETHEUS LOOKED BETTER FROM THE TRAILERS, AND IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST 3D MOVIES IN IMAX EVER

COVENANT LOOKS LIKE SHIT AND PROBABLY WILL BE SHIT BUT I'M SEEING IT ANYWAY

it's literally a meme movie, taylor made for reddit

>Prometheus looked good but was bad
>Covenant looks bad but is good?

It's what I'm hoping for at least. That shower sex scene interrupted by the big bad was fucking retarded and nearly made me write off this movie entirely, though.

looks cant save a shit tier script
also, tone it down, capslock sperg

I doubt you could even explain this sentence if asked to.

>taylor

Prometheus looked great visually. I don't expect much more than that from Covenant.

>Prometheus
>Suck

Nice meme

You think Prometheus sucked compared to what we can expect from this. Think again

Shit taste.

DUDE
ALIEN
HEADJOBS
LMAO

Looks awesome can't wait.

i guarantee you, when this shit is out for torrenting, Sup Forums will praise prometheus as a misunderstood masterpeace because it will be so dumb.

CGI is so good at making technologic things look real but so shitty at making flesh and blood things look just as good.

looks better than the original desu

It looks like the joint third best film in the series with Alien 3.

1%

What is that even supposed to mean.

Prometheus was GOAT, you just need to be spoonfed. Everything was explained and there are no plotholes... the issue is most stuff needs to be inferred by the viewer and modern audiences don;t like to think.

Covenant will be the best sci-fi movie of the decade, screencap this.

If nothing else, the Neo-Morphs should be a brutal addition to the franchise.

From what I've seen, they're vicious animals who rip people apart.

Also, they appear to come out of people's backs (i.e Backbursters).

>i didnt understand it so it must suck!

Go back to Marvel movies.

Lindelof, pls.

Prometheus wasn't that bad come on, I have still high hopes for Coventant

>Lindelof
What's after The Leftovers? Is he retiring?

involuntarily

Haha we wish. I bet he is planning the next cliffhanger-y bait and switch series RIGHT NOW.

Usually what happens is most who work for HBO, either go to Showtime, which usually sucks more, then back to HBO, or Netflix.
Cable, and Netflix series are where its at lately.
Hollywood movies suck because of the wider appeal to worldwide markets.

Prometheus is simply kino.

>but muh redditholes

Prometheus didnt suck though...

>reddithole

kek! how have I never heard this before? 10/10 user, can I steal it for future use?

FAKE.

SORRY YOU THINK THIS LOOKS REAL. ITS ALL COMPOSITED AND BLURRED OUT WITH FAKE CLOUDS AND DESATURATED COLOR CORRECTED FAKE BULLSHIT

The explosions have color correction over them. like an instagram filter. SHIT. There are no real artists working in Hollywood anymore.

Slim.

Prometheus was a hot trash script from top to bottom. It looked great but the story and supporting set pieces were unforgivable.

And no, contrarian faggots, I'm not crying about muh Alien universe continuity. I mean the script in and of itself was S H I T.

youtube.com/watch?v=qEffC2nj7xE

Double amounts of husbando, twice the amount of the soothing british voice.
MUHHHHHHHHHHHH DICK

You just didn't understand it. That's not the film's problem.

Explain why Prometheus is good please

You are first in making a claim it's not. The onus is on you.

Prometheus, this upcoming film and any of the sequels for that matter, are inherently flawed to begin with.

There's nowhere this franchise can go that is worth anyone's time or money. The only direction left, is one that explains away all mystery left in the series. Which is in direct contrast to what made the original good in the first place. Alien was about visceral experience and mystery. It was never about plot or finding answers. Even Aliens, though competently made, exciting and fun, was in contrast to the spirit of the original. I would even go so far as to blame the success of Aliens for the state of the franchise now. Just my opinion.

Don't you know why you put spoiler tags around an absolutely correct statement.

Aliens, our beloved Aliens was the death sentence for the franchise

Slim. Fassbender was the only thing that was good about Prometheus and he's not even in this flick.

>our beloved Aliens
I don't like Aliens
But Alien is the greatest horror masterpiece in the history of cinema

Alien is more of a drama mystery with the jump scare being the only bit remotely scary.
Aliens is the archetypal horrer thrillor.

"No" - Roger Ebert

Hellraiser > Alien
IT > Alien

Does it explain the giant engineer?

Hellraiser is a bad movie
IT is not scary, it borders on parody

There hasn't been a good alien movie since the 80's.

fpbp

the saying "they don't make them like they used too" applies here.

the holograph galaxy map scene was the only good 3D scene

There hasn't been any Alien movies since the original in 79.
There's just a few unrelated fanfic-tier B-movies that steal the name and creature design.

50:50 either it sucks or it doesn't

>dull bullshit and thin religious philosophy for the first hour

>suddenly visually stunning sequence, a human-built android is shown the tools of gods
>for a fleeting moment he feels the power of playing with worlds, and finally knows how it feels to be the creator instead of the created

>scene ends and we go back to mindless bullshit

anyone else has images not loading?

the majority of people didnt' understand it, so I would say that is definitely the films problem

That was my first post in this thread. Answer the question please

popular =/= good

He is playing 2 different characters you idiot. He's in the trailers

>for a fleeting moment he feels the power of playing with worlds, and finally knows how it feels to be the creator instead of the created

That is a nice observation, user.

It was a bad film, you pleb.

please refer to

Prometheus did not suck Reddit you should leave now

there is a big difference between subtle plot details that you don't have to understand and generally walking away from a movie thinking "what the hell was the point of anything". This movie was definitely the latter, even amongst most of your fellow fedora tippers on this board

THAT WAS BLOW YOUR EYES OUT THE BACK OF UR HEAD BEST USE OF 3D IN A SCENE EVER OF ALL TIME

THE REST OF THE MOVIE WAS MERELY GREAT LOOKING IN 3D

PROMETHEUS WAS ONE OF THE BEST THEATER MOVIES OF THE DECADE

You're clearly thinking of Assassin's Creed. It's just flashbacks in Covenant.

How am I supposed to vigorously masturbate in the theater if they don't cast the Fass? Ridley is a fucking hack.

t. Retard

>Assassin's Creed
LITERALLY NOT A SINGLE REDEEMABLE THING ABOUT THIS FLICK

ONE GOOD SETPIECE IN A GARBAGE MOVIE IS STILL WORTHWHILE, BUT THIS HAD NOTHING

WHAT THE HELL WAS FASSBENDER THINKING SIGNING ONTO A Sup Forums MOVIE, CAREER SUICIDE

>t. shill

Why can't they just write fleshed out characters who act logically?

You don't even need a complicated story, just have the crew members not stick their heads in vagina looking pods.

why are you shouting ?

It will be wheat kino

youtube.com/watch?v=btEpF334Rtc

>tfw wheatposting never took off

probably because we see bodies and faces every day and know how a piece of meat looks like when we cut and eat it but nobody has any idea what a fusion powered transporter hitting an alien ring vessel at impulse in midair would look like so they can sell us anything and we gotta swallow it

I've already seen Sup Forums make that claim numerous times.

thats because it was never funny you fuck

>Chances it doesn't suck
5-10%

>Chances it doesn't suck like Prometheus
Considerably higher. Nowhere to go but up.

I never liked it, but I'm gonna post some to spite you.

I gotta order some of this for the premiere.

This as well

template

HAHAHA SO FUNNY!!

NOT!!!

HANDS UP

!!! !!!

hhehehehehe

The user who did that was very talented

>who's writing it?
This. If the writer's that Lindeloff cretin from LOST like in Prometheus, then zero. If it's not, then it's 99% guaranteed to be a better movie.

the review embargo lifts weeks in advance of the movie opening, so fox isn't trying to hide it

chances are it's actually good!

Prometheus is kino tho

One of the guys wrote Transcendence with Depp and the other has written for TV shows like Heroes and Smallville

The Transcendence dude is writing Kong vs. Godzilla next...