So...

So, I decided to give this show a watch since Sup Forums won't stop posting about it and literally 3 minutes into the VERY FIRST EPISODE the blue haired guy starts going off about God not existing.

Is the entire show actually like all of those Sup Forums pastas where every "joke" is just bashing Christians and God? I won't continue watching if that's the case.

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=E_qvy82U4RE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nah

You're not smart enough to understand it.
I bet you're not even a nihilist. . .

nah, humor variates a lot. Sadly god continues not existing in the real world :c

That's one of 2 items it happens. All the other characters believe, if you don't think a character is allowed to have their own views and convictions then thats sad. I'm not advocating the show but it should be clear the pastas are just clever srawmans

holy shit lol this show sounds hella epic

Nah, some christians just need to not be whiny offended cry babies

>Grow up and let it go

Yeap all three seasons are onlyy fuck god and shit on christ jokes. Drop it now.

I'm not religious but I still find it annoying. I just don't think it's funny to make fun of religions

It's the le no god man show

> literally in the first minutes
I mean, most shows use the first few minutes to define their general mood, so yeah.

Anything Sup Forums hates is good. Bunch of contrarian newfags

>reddit spacing
>incorrect use of greentext
>Facebook tier image

Good b8

haven't seen this garbage, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess they've never bashed islam or judaism, only christianity. correct?

Can't recall any specific religion being bashed.

The entire point of rick is that hes a nihilistic piece of shit who hates everything, dont be a meme

Honestly, epic

I'm really glad to hear this. Hopefully more of today's youth will turn their backs on this unwholesome television and focus on the Judeo Christian Values and Traditions that this country was founded on. God Bless

its about sauce of mulan

how does it feel to know most people realise your beliefs are literally retarded before they're 10 years old

GET SCHWIFTY XD

>most people
Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

People are fundamentally stupid and gullible. We thought the internet would change this but the bottom line is that our species is not that bright. Enjoy your fairy tales!

Nice pasta, but its still notable that it only shrinks because africa still explodes

I have some bad news for you, pal - God indeed doesn't exist and everyone just forces themselves to "believe" because they're afraid of inevitable death. Additionaly, the universe itself is going to die some day, so advancement of humanity is also a pointless venture. All in all, nihilists are right and this show is good.

>fuck god and fuck theist people

No, Rick acts ridiculously drunk in that episode, watch another, he's not always like that

Sup Forums likes Breaking Bad but I think it's shit.

It's just religion in general

Sup Forums likes the first 2, maybe 3 seasons of breaking bad

From the clips I saw there was a lot of burping and saliva dropping. To me thinks show looks like something only americans would like. I'm not going to watch it.

Why does atheism only bother Christians but not jews or Muslims?

can you point me to the episode they talk about Allah?

Isn't that like episode 2

Whatever the Inception one was had an Allah joke

I found it more to be about "you're not fucking important" style of nihilism, but it's all done for comedy, and delivered by an alcoholic asshole that might as well be the villain.
I don't think any joke in Rick and Morty is meant to actually offend anyone.

I wonder what Sup Forums would've thought about old South Park if that aired now.

Apostasy is punishable by death in Islam, lad. And they actually practice that.

It was 3. They also had a burqa joke in another episode.

truth hurts doesnt it?

It's awesomesauce, man

>Athiesm doesn't bother Muslims

>I wonder what Sup Forums would've thought about old South Park if that aired now.
Lets be real, TV would have been triggered and would call it edgy and reddit

The show isn't exactly a positive portrayal of atheism, lol.

Rick is an asshole.

>During the "dark ages" the only establishment that taught people to read and write in Europe was ran by the church
>""""""Scientific repression"""""""

Aside from that scene there's very little about bashing religion. It's more to show that Rick is an unabashed asshole who just says whatever he wants because he doesn't care about anyone's opinions but his own.

It's not edgy athiest humor. It's sci-fi spoofing fun.

south park targeted everyone, and it was meant to offend. that's why it's practically kino compared to the pandering dreck in the op.

rick literally shouts allah akcbar while threatening to "9/11" a plane

how is that not everyone you fucking mongoloid
I bet you're christian

But thats exactly the problem...

SHIT ON THE

holy shit the show is pretty basic about being against concrete answers - religion is just one of the many things it pokes fun at. i can't remember a single episode calling out Christianity specifically, just "god" in general... are all you christians just crazy narcissists?

Using a meme that's been around for decades is no longer really offending anyone because the word "ackbar" isn't a word and is simply the name of a character from Star Wars.

do they also state clearly withour subtleties that Allah does not exist?
I know they don't and they'll never will

The point is, no one else bothered. The church ran the schools along with the orphanages and other social institutions completely from their own pockets.

sorry I don't speak muslim, muhamed

Guess what, you fucking retard...

Half of the earth will be African by 2100.. guess what that means for science?! O more funding, too many mouths to feed!

INCEL NON REPRODUCING ATHIESTS NOT ONLY DOOMED THE WHITE RACE BUT ALSO HUMANITIES ONLY CHANCE TO LEAVE THIS PLANET!

And you were clearly absent from the internet until recently. Because neither do I.

The show is half really good, half trash. It's a weird mix.

If the show's so bad, explain this.

Religion should be made fun of at every opportunity, it's hilarious that grown men still believe in Santa Claus.

I'm not even le edgy fedora atheist or anything but american christians are the most triggered people in the world. Rick constantly bad mouths every single thing he comes across, he's such an asshole he makes the fucking Devil try to kill himself, and the show makes it CLEAR that there's no point in being a super genius if you're such a fucking asshole who destroys everything you touch. I don't think he even says anything specific to christianity, he only rambles against god.

hilarious? only on a good day. most days it is disgusting and makes you wish for a plague and meteor.

Bumpalubadubdub

>people can't have individual taste
>they must like what others do

Really got me schwifty.

holy shit this nigga mad

I'm remembering that it's just a fucking cartoon and you're all jihadists

Pretending to be devout christian is the hottest new meme on redd- i mean Sup Forums apparantly.

yeah yeah, just hope you'll be the one taking tyrone and your wife's son

It tries super hard to be edgy and subversive, not just in the classic fedora sense. One episode has the mom's parents literally bringing their bull to a christmas family dinner and it ends with them killing Santa and making it rain blood.

>implying it's just rick
>implying it's not a blatant self-insert fic of the creators and their views
youtube.com/watch?v=E_qvy82U4RE

dad's parents*

i bet you also believe in santa claus
get red pilled bro

The "no god" memes exist because everyone who bashes the show just watched that first episode. If you watch past that you'll realize that Rick isn't supposed to be wise or a role model (whether post-modern-ironically or sincerely), he's a genius inventor but also an asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself. Morty on the other hand acts kinda stupid at times but not really considering he's a KID and other than that he's the sane one. A lot of the comedy comes from Morty doing the reasonable thing but Rick's bullshit behaviour leading to more success. There are also other times where Rick just makes everything worse but still acts like he planned it all that way because of his massive ego. He's a jaded alcoholic. How shitposters on this board can continue to pretend he is the voice of the show is beyond me. It might have something to do with the reddit following of the show celebrating Rick. But that's like Dark Knight fans being all about Joker. Nobody accuses the Nolans of trying to push the Joker's nihilism on the audience as a good thing. But that's what R&M bashers are doing most of the time. 90% of their posts are just a mix of fake and real

>LOUD RICK QUOTES XD XD

The show is honestly fun to watch. I'm worried about the current season because of the supposed addition of a SJW woman writer but the first episode that's out was good.

Inb4 more Rickposting as if it's a valid critisizm of the show.

Doesn't matter, they said the trigger words and therefore alt right SJW rage will be unstoppable. I highly doubt most of these people have even seen it, it's just their latest boogeyman for (((them))) and how (((they))) are ruining everything with their big evil plot.

How come all the Trump teens on this board are now Christianity advocates?

Not all of us are rabid born again Christians. Christianity is part of the "White culture" package, I only embrace it for tradition's sake, I like churches and I respect Christians even though I don't personally believe in any of it. I can't speak for all of Sup Forums but we have lively discussions about the subject all the time there. People trying to pidgeon-hole Sup Forums into only being for sincere, devout Christians are just D&C shills. Sup Forums is about White people's search for their identity after we've been robbed of one by the Jews' scheme of flooding our countries with non-Whites. Many of us seem to think Christianity can help us regain our strength and they might as well be right. Who knows.

Long story short, I'm a fedora from Sup Forums and even I can see that Rick is supposed to be an asshole, not the voice of the writers or the show.

If Sup Forums represents our new cultural identity then I'm going to become trans-racial like that Rachel Dolezol twat. Maybe I'll be a South American shaman or some crap like that.

No, Sup Forums does not "represent" anything. I said we search for it, not represent it. You're being obtuse.

You seem possibly sincere so I feel obligated to tell you that you will never convince the rest of us of your legitimacy, and it is because of the underage shitposting.

Legitimacy of what exactly?

it happens to be growing in the U.S. though, so

how can you even pretend rick isn't the voice of the show, when's the last time any other character did anything

>Pretending to be devout christian is the hottest new meme on redd- i mean Sup Forums apparantly.

wow haha you almost wrote reddít there man
imagine the embarrassment!

The show has no voice. It's not South Park (Stan) or Family Guy (the dog). It's not that kind of show.