youtube.com/watch?v=UYyQsSGm2po

how shit will this be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zV4J8JpuKgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

at this rate a workprint is going to be leaked before release. cant wait

nice

Idris Elba was a mistake.

>a workprint is going to be leaked before release.
Sony, if you are lurking, do this. Wolverine is a memorable movie despite how terrible it is, all because of that workprint.

Idris Elba will be good. He's a solid actor.

But King adaptions have a really, really mixed track record.

Just yesterday someone said the movie is forever dead.
KEK

Looks average

the dark tower
idris elba

get it, Sup Forums? this is an original meme

annoying trailer, hopefully the movie is better

I tried to get through the first Dark Tower book 3 times but I lost interest. I don't understand the appeal.

Ive read the first 2 and dropped about half way into the third.
Second one is very enjoyable desu

Alright alright alright, Gunslinger.

ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR SAD MEN

This was leaked in October last year.

>It's a slow cover of a popular song over a shitty trailer episode.

>perfect casting for Eddie
Just makes it more depressing desu

You are both a mistake, the first book was tits. This trailer makes me sad.

>On February 17th
What did they mean by this?

Alright so I know nothing about the books aside from the fact that Elba's character is named "The Gunslinger".

I'll be honest, that alone is enough to sell me. Love me some fantasy action, but I love stylized gunshit more.

Should I check out the books, or should I just take the movie on it's own benefits?

>idris elba

>But King adaptions have a really, really mixed track record.

I think in a majority of cases that depends on the production quality.

>white man is the evil character
>black man the good one
W O W

who is cast? just looked and couldn't find anything
I imagined Charlie from lost, but I read the books years ago

please see

How are they going to explain a black cowboy?
Weren't they all slaves during that time period.

Looks pretty cool

>Elba and Mcgonogogogay

Niiice

Why isn't this all over the internet?
Why hasn't it been taken down?

It's Mcconaughey, right?

Looks like garbage version of book one with Roland going to New York so they can have more action scenes and explosions.

>I couldn't read a 200 page book, I just get the appeal
Can we please hot talk about the quality of the books in this thread? I don't understand how people can read things they don't like.

I thought he was man in black?
Maybe I have characters mixed up

I read your post even though I don't like you

Can't wait to see the white lady in the wheelchair calling Idris Elba a rapist nigger.

This. Isn't Jake supposed to get hit by a bus? Not walk through some random portal.

>roland is a nigger

they fooled me with i am legend, but i wont be fooled again.

He could do either really

You should check out the books. They get progressively more shit, but they are definitely worth a read if you have the time. In essence the sequence is about an existential cowboy knight from a parallel mytho-futuristic America on a quest trying to save the multiverse from sublime evil. The setting, at least in the first book, is quite haunting and even later books have the occasional decent meme or chapter

>character is named "The Gunslinger".
>I'll be honest, that alone is enough to sell me.
Read the gunslinger and you will get that, but the only (theme/tone) glimpse of the rest of the series you get is in the last few pages.

Also anyone in here read the talisman? Proto dark tower with Jake and Eddie combined as the protagonist, with a much more intriguing midworld; and only one book for a full story arc.

Actually, fair deal of cowboys really were black. It was seen as a shitty job so people were like "Eh let the niggers do it".

Only started getting romanticized when they started doing them motion pictures by the I-talians

I loved The Talisman.

When was the last time that happened? All I can thing of is Wolverine:Origins.

fucking hell i watched that shit. with the wooden claws and clearly visible wires. wasn't some of it green-screen too? kek

i bought it off some old chinese woman selling dvds for £5

I was worried when I read a review describing wolfboy as Jar Jar binks, but it was a really lovely book with some good emotional themes.
>that tunnel walk will never be in a big budget movie

You couldn't even guess that this is a trailer for Dark Tower if you didn't know beforehand. No iconic characters, Roland himself is BLACKED, no iconic imagery, no iconic locations, no iconic scenes, no iconic lines, literally looks like a generic action shit #5069405830

What a shitty music choice, once again, Hollywood.

>Sony movie
D R O P P E D

>Ilbis Edra
D R O P P E D
E V E N
H A R D E R

The Dark Tower? do you mean the Stephen King novels? i read those in the 90s i think it could be really good, gunslinger is back :D.

Not gonna lie, I've enjoyed every film I've ever seen with McConaughey, and will probably watch this just for him.

enh

pic related. "Hey, when you win an Oscar, call me."
this heeb is literally AIDS, anthropomorphised.

Good actor? Sure.

But definitely miscast.

Yes, partially because he's black, but also because he doesn't standout as particularly Clint Eastwoond-esque.

Behind Blue Eyes is like an unofficial hymn of DT fandom, since it seems so well. Roland's icy blue eyes is his most mentioned feature, so casting a negro with brown ones obviously makes sense
youtube.com/watch?v=zV4J8JpuKgQ

The song could even work, given the description of Roland's blue eyes over and over again in the book, but they fucked that up by casting Idris (who is admittedly a decent actor).

Same here after seeing Interstellar i had a man crush on McConaughey :D.

>song is behind blue eyes
>they forgot the blue eyed character is played by a nigger

Are they retarded?

What if they give him blue eyes in post?

Man I wish Tower were masculine in Portuguese.

Looks like were getting a mix of book 1,2 and maybe 6.
I didnt care about the switch ups that much but roland using speed loaders is dumb.

>blue eyes nigger
I'd watch it just for hilarity's sake

>Idris 'Affirmative Action' Elba
Nope.

It wouldn't be the first time a film changed his eyes

I was cautiously excited for this, but that trailer was trash.

Also, isn't Jake supposed to be blonde? This kid also has sort of a pig nose.

maybe that's what got it delayed 6 months?

>Sony
>NYC scenes for product placement
Every fucking time.

Jesus fuck, it's awful
judging from the trailer, Idris Elba will be the least of this film's problems

Idris Elba is a terrific actor and I am not mad about the recast. Elba is a honorary white.

The trailer doesn't inspire confidence in the product, though. Dark Tower is difficult to bring to the screen, but this doesn't look even half good. I hope it's just the unfinished trailer that gives off that feeling.

5 star novel, 5 star cast, please be good.

Yo.

Real talk.

Why isn't Mcconaughey playing Roland? I mean they signed him, and he's a dead ringer for the role imo. What the fuck happened? I'm generally not one to call out the political correctness boogeyman, but God damn did they fuck that up and I can't find a single other reason besides "Let's make our main character black to bring in the African American audience."

>no one knows what it's like to be the Batman
The fuck?

Wow that actually managed to be way worse looking than I thought it would be.

> "Let's make our main character black to bring in the African American audience."

They don't do it for that reason. No one cares about that audience since they are not paying for anything.

It's virtue signaling to score points with the left/sjws, both regular people and the media at large.

>A Torre Negra
>has a negro
who did this

>he's a dead ringer for the role imo
Maybe visually. I've never seen McC portraying a character like Roland.

Why does Matthew McConaughey have an oblong head?

>McCough hamming it up
Movie of the year

Jake gets pushed under a car by the guy who liked to push people, he didn't find a fucking portal.

Literally walks through a portal in the third book. (End of second?)

whats kind of funny is that Matt has literally played every kind of cowboy in existence
>cowboy
>lawyer with a cowboy hat
>cowboy stripper
>cowboy with AID
>cowboy bounty hunter

>we need to make the kid more important for our PG-13 Dark Tower movie

lmao. Dropped.

or Javier Bardem, Viggo Mortenson, Daniel Day Lewis, Stewart Townsend or any other fine actor who actually resembled the character. Hell, I would have been fine with Russell Crowe. Idris is such a random, nonsensical and distracting decision. It bodes poorly for the whole production. Add Akiva Goldsman writing, Sony distributing, the unexpected delayed release, nk marketing and this abortion of a trailer... you get the idea.

>I've never seen McC portraying a character like Roland.

A good point, but the same could be said of Idris Elbow too and he doesn't even have the look going for him.

That being said though, I'm sure both McConaughey and Elba have the range to play a character like that. Matty is by far a better fit though.

WE

Oh good point, but still in the trailer he clearly meets niggo Roland in the desert. Which is where he meets him in the first book after getting run over.

>kid

>Elba is a solid actor
Then why does he exclusively star in race bait movies?

Oh fuck is it really PG-13?

what's up with the Stargate portal? I thought in the book they were just... doors...

Huge fan of series. Read all the books.

Can't stand black Ronald, will not even watch the trailer.

I think Elba very effortlessly pulls off the tired, grumpy, wise tone. I can easily imagine him saying Roland's lines. And he's pretty old so they can convincingly age him up in the inevitable cancelled sequel.

Objective book ratings:

4 > 2 > 3 > 5 > 1 > 7 > 6

It looks like a direct to dvd film.

Doors aren't cool, we gotta have slick apple store portals that make sci-fi sounds

I heard a lot about these books before this was announced but never bothered to check them out.

Can somebody give me a broad description of the "setting" for lack of a better word what is this story about , something that would actually make me feel like "this sounds interesting i should check it out"

>Only started getting romanticized when they started doing them motion pictures by the I-talians
Westerns were popular for decades and on the decline by the time Italians started making them. Many of them actually featured cowboys too unlike spaghetti westerns which were almost exclusively about gunfighters and bounty hunters.

so i got to book four (wizards and glass) but couldn't get through it. the pace was glacial and i got bored. first two were good though.

this seems to be adapting book three? are Eddie and Suzannah not being included? also i don't remember the man in black being this prominent this early? i guess its being restructured heavily to work as a movie

Have you ever read a Stephen King book? Literally all you need to know is whether you like his style or not.

>pace
>a book
Maybe read faster?

The man in black isn't important...like at all.

On the .000000002% chance there's a sequel, I think they'll just keep Randall as the baddie and not bother with Crimson King reveals.

Dark Tower takes place in the 'central' world, which hosts a thing called, well, Dark Tower, a nexus which connects all other worlds in the multiverse. This world was once futuristic as fuck but turned into Mad Max with cowboys due to an evil dude who likes to consume worlds. Roland is the last guy from the order of knightcowboys who is on the quest to fix that shit. The gimmick is that Dark Tower lore serves as the connecting link between majority of other King's works