$15 minimum wage? Holy shit!

$15 minimum wage? Holy shit!

Its a stupid idea, minimum wage jobs are for teens who need the experience

Nobody should make a living off of a job that is primarally used for teenage work experience

Minimum wage is supposed to be the minimum one can make and still live off of. It was not designed for teenagers or as a temporary thing. Fuck off.

>supposed to be the minimum one can make and still live off of
yes, one. not you and 4 kids you fucking idiot. you can absolutely live off of minimum wage if youre not retarded with your budget.

The real minimum wage is 0, now fuck off.

Was it designed for teenagers to get experience? No, but lets be honest here, the only people who are willing to be paid minimum wage, are teens and those mexicans who work 4, different minimum wage jobs

objectively false. why are you so stupid?

>banning child labor was done for muh chillins
No. The unions pushed to ban child labor because they wanted those jobs for themselves. They didn't give a shit about the kids.

>implying kids working was some evil businessman exploiting kids
The kids worked because they had no choice. It was work or starve. So don't paint it like they are victims.

I started at a CVS as a shift supervisor/pharmacy tech making 12.50, and 2 years later make 15.15, min wage in MD will be 10.10 in 2017 IIRC, the only thing I'm concerned with is if us norps who have not bad but not good jobs get a raise as well

This. Living on a budget =/= buying iPhones every two years.
"Poor" people in America sure love complaining about having no money but they have plenty of toys.

>objectively false

Whatever makes sleep at night.

Sage.

I'll help you campaign for 15 min wage as soon as you stop leaving my shit out of the bag, fryboy.

MUH FUBU

>corporate dick is so deep there will be shills forever

Kek, Crabs in a bucket.

Why stop at $15? We could make everyone a millionaire at $1 million an hour minimum wage. Then nobody would be in poverty.

Why stop there? Why not have the government buy everyone a porsche? Surely they can afford it.

I actually agree with democrats on this one. Wages have been purposfully suppressed over the past few decades while prices rise. The fear mongering from the upper classes lead me to believe it'd probably hurt the rich more than normal people, so I'm all for it.

Same thing happened with Brexit "Oh no it'll kill the economy and we'll have to eat the Irish!"
In reality, the rich took a big hit whereas ordinary people are unaffected

My main goal is to just retire in my 40s, if I'm an army vet and have paid into "the system" since age 17, what are my chances of actually surviving the happening? Be it financial or otherwise?

Should I hoard gold as well as weapons? I feel bad buying safe queen rifles

>1912
>anti-sweathsop laws would be the death of industry in America

But it was.

>1924
>banning child labor would destroy the economy

I know it's a false premise, but Great Depression did happen.

>1938
>we can't have a fourty hour work week

Now you can't.

>1964
>equal pay is b-b-bad

The way it would be "enforced" is bad. Regulations do indeed strangle businesses, specifically banking and insurance industries.

>Minimum wage is supposed to be the minimum one can make and still live off of
Says who?

Thank you

Why can't I hold all these strawmen?

Why did they draw all the business owners to look like Jews?

People who complain about the minimum wage do so from their £500 mobile phones

LAbor laws are for cucks. I we could still do child labor and fire employees for striking,

ok great, i'm all for it, but explain what we are going to do with all these spics who have all these minimum wage jobs? Are you seriously proposing we subsidize illegals and other subhumans?

Whenever you're ready to start mass deportations, come back and see me.

Workplace fatalities have been in near constant decline since the fair labor standards act passed.

Doesn't matter since every one of us owe unpayable amounts to our respective feds
>where were you when the labor camps got set up
>believing your money will be worth anything when they call upon the debt to be paid

My wife and I own a business. The girls are all very happy with $12/hr (11 employees). Only junkies and people who can't budget can't live off of that.

The minimum wage isn't meant to be a living wage. It's a point you train and grow from. If you're 30 and looking for minimum wage you're probably not smart enough or capable or just plain lazy.

Child labor laws also prevent us (business owners) from training young people who want to enter into an industry to learn it. You should be learning a trade at 10 with your father or moving in that direction. I realize you probably didn't know your father and think that 'work' starts at 18 and that's when you start learning. Think of all the good coders who did it as a hobby from the time they were 10. By 18 they're more prepared and more qualified. History didn't start in 2002.

>1887
>southerners owing big corporate businesses

Minimum wage is $7.25. $12/hr is well above minimum wage.

And just to add:

We need masons, carpenters, coders, doctors, engineers, concrete contractors, mechanics and a whole score of jobs that you just don't understand must be accompanied by training. Many of the needed jobs are no longer wanted by the false promise of 'college education' which could be eliminated if a kid can be trained to be fully ready and competent for the workforce by 17 or 18 when he could MERIT a $15/hr job from experience.

That's because we hire experienced workers. We don't have minimum wage quality, why would I pay that?

Wow this cartoonist who maybe read a bookclub tier book about it really knows his stuff

>if you are willing to accept minimum wage you must be lazy and unqualified for more pay
And republicans wonder why the country keeps moving to the left.

> all these posts and nobody is offended by the buisinesswoman
10/10 subliminal messaging, would be brainwashed by again

This, the literal Jews came down after funding and starting the civil war so that they could steal the peoples land and hike up the prices for shit. Only Yankee scum owned businesses for a good 30 year period.

It's moving hard right in case you haven't noticed because 'You don't work, you don't eat' turns out to be reality.

And Americans are becoming interested in reality again. The 'right' just happens be the position rooted in reality.

Enjoy Trump as POTUS.

>but they have plenty of toys

I was reading this book that was basically an autiste working in walmart and it was so fucking upsetting.

>Complains that he can't pay rent, yet can buy $1000s in Warhammer figures.
>Complains that he can't afford food or gas, yet can buy $80 games every month
>There's a part in the book where he spergs out on a family of 8 just because they own a nice SUV. He felt sorry for them right until he saw their car.
>He works in loss prevention, but refuses to go after blacks or people who steal food.

My point is that this is something you see all the damn time.
Or take the TV program: The Middle.
The family is dirt poor and yet they get take out food every night.

Minimum wage was created to protect northern labor unions after blacks left the south after the civil war who flooded the labor market with cheap labor. Fuck off all it has done is make it harder for people to get employed by making an artificial value on someone's labor. And having to pay out more than someone is worth thus being unable to invest that capital into easier to enter jobs to gain the first rung on the economic ladder.

>implying all of those arguments arent true

now think about how much more wealth there would be without all ht red tape.