So I can’t build a rig. I don’t live anywhere long enough to be hauling some fucking tower around...

So I can’t build a rig. I don’t live anywhere long enough to be hauling some fucking tower around. Usually between Vegas/Portland/San Luis Obispo/Deroit etc. Anyways I need a gaming laptop. What should I get? Looking at this, I used to have an Alienware 17R4 but I got rid of it back in 2017. Thoughts?

Attached: 3A6BCB61-6A83-4DC8-9E11-4EA1DE8A2520.jpg (750x1240, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hGUESEq75ZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everyone is going to tell you it's very simple to build your own for a fraction of the price. It's true... Go to pcpartpicker and look shit up. Alienware is highly overrated and kinda gay. Owned by Dell

Yeah, I need a laptop. Can I build a laptop? I’ve never really looked into it.

It really is all plug and play with minimal technical knowledge needed. Also checked

I’ve built pc’s before, I know it’s easy. But I can’t have a tower anymore. Not sure if I made that clear in the OP. Sorry.

Well if you need a laptop, the one you linked isn't bad. Laptops are a bit more tricky to aaaemble

u a trucker?

Nah, I’m retired. Most of my friends live in those cities so I just travel to all of them. I’m only home during the summer when my friends visit me. Usually from late February till the end of July

omg dude you need to wait for ryzen 4000 holy fucking shit

If you actually do gaming while travelling, whatever laptop you get make sure you get a good warranty, and I'm not just talking about in case you butterfinger it and it breaks into a million pieces. Travel is rough on anything, plus lots of temp changes if you carry it in/outdoors all the time.

If you have a dedicated space to put a desktop, put more money into a desktop and keep your gaming lighter while you travel. You can still get a pretty decent laptop with a 2060 for around $1200. Also, do not buy anything bigger than 15.6", aside from the bulk of a 17" laptop being far more noticeable if you're carrying it everywhere you go, it doesn't really fit into anything: backpacks, messenger bags, etc. are all too small to fit it properly, and you can forget about trying to maneuver it on airplanes and busses.

How long is the wait for that? The one they showed on Linus Tech Tips?

yes that one. next month

youtube.com/watch?v=hGUESEq75ZI

If you can hold out until june, wait for the RTX 30 series to roll out. Anything you buy today will be obsolete in less than 6 months. Not that that isn't true of everything gaming, but still.

this dude is prolly righto. we may get new nvidia cards in march and the performance jump is rumored to be 50% over the current gen

Only reason why I would want to stick with 17 is because It’s the only screen that I have with me in most places. Most hotel tv’s suck. And I want it to be the best card possible because I won’t have access to my rig except for a few months at a time. I think I can wait till June but I’m using this weird portable business tower right now that has a fucking 8400gs. Literally only good for running left 4 dead 2 at lowest settings possible

I hate nvidia; I wish AMD would knock them down a peg or three

Would or could? I know intel was just out in their place.

if AMD pulls on nvidia what it just did to intel, which was beat them at every single pricepoint, we would all be getting 4k60

Yeah. Intel is being super shady right now. Wonder how nvidia is going to handle losing the crown.

Build a micro atx or mid size atx, its really not that big of a deal to move a tower around.

Don't go with the dell with an alien logo slapped on it

Yeah but then do I just hook it up at the airport and then on trains? Do I just take it coffee shops with me, monitor included?

How old are you? Are you rich?

I’m 28. Idk.

I guess it’s hard to say because I’ve seen rich and I don’t feel like I am.

Of course all the autists come out of the woodwork and completely disregard whatever OP says and suggests what they want instead.

Protip: you guys are fucking morons, learn to read, stop suggesting shit he isn't asking for. His reasons are legit and you are fucking retarded.

Alienware tends to be the top even still for gaming laptops.

Asus ROG stuff is up there as well.

If you want to burn a little more cash for something slightly sleeker, Razer makes some cool stuff. You can get a better GPU and screen but not quite as good a CPU.

Alienware is generally overpriced, but pretty much all gaming laptops are. I'd go with MSI, but I've been using MSI laptops for 8 years now

How do you retire with 28??

You live on your friends' couches rather than paying rent

I didn’t, I retired at 23.

I have a house in San Luis Obispo. Like I said, they visit me there during the summer.

I only stay in hotels unless we’ve been drinking and the hotels are too far. Basically always in the go.

So you have rich parents or what?

Is that the one with 900 gig drive

Thanks for reading dude. So should I wait till June? For Ryzen and 30’s series?

So what enabled you to retire that young? Where did you get your money from?

Get Stadia....lol....couldn't say it with a straight face...I tried too. I really did.

I actually did the beta testing for that. Assassins creed or whatever. Did it just for the free game.

you calling us morons? fuck you dude. we can post what we want. who are you? some rich ceo? you just like us fagot.

Nah. Just got unlucky. Grandma passed but I had to finish college to get any of the money. Older sister got hers right away because she had a kid and everyone knew she couldn’t hack it in college. She still works though, as a cop.

I did the founders edition. Sent it back within 48 hours. Google makes shitty hardware. They topped out with the Nexus brand and it's been slow and steady release of crap hardware since pixel line came out.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

That one never gets old. :-)

I had a nexus 6 and it was the fucking worst at taking pictures. It was laggy too, come to think of it. I stuck with Samsung up until the s7 edge and then I switched to carrying the latest iPhone and the latest note.

Well I think I’m gonna just hold out till June. Thanks for the help guys. This is now a google hate thread.

The 6 had the boot loop issue. I had that problem too.

I had every model from Nexus 5 through pixel 3.

5 and 5 xl we're good. 6 and 6p not as much. Every single pixel I had went back for warranty replacement. On the 3ed pixel 3 I told Google to fuck off. Switched to Ulefone Armor. $300 and the battery is double the major phones. And it's rugged. Dont have to worry about dropping my $900 phone anymore.

Didn’t have that, but the damned thing was trash compared to my s6 edge +. That camera on that phone seemed so much better than most phones today.

I had the pixel 2 xl for a few days, some guy who had multiple types of el cancer sold it to me on Craigslist. It’s wasn’t a bad phone except it had water damage that I noticed later. Returned it to him. The screen color seemed a bit off but I wasn’t sure if that was because of the water damage.

Yeah fat it's called Clevo

Metabox in Aus make them customs for example

Attached: 1578957508147.jpg (1024x512, 70K)