/trek/

NX-01 Refit edition

Which captain do you guys think will die first? Shatner is the obvious answer, I think maybe Brooks will go before him.

Other urls found in this thread:

inverse.com/article/30505-star-trek-discovery-release-date-rumors-delay-cbs
youtube.com/watch?v=yOElzUkr5a0
youtube.com/watch?v=Jze2xTcukc0
youtu.be/3_739DxrMOs
ew.com/article/2016/05/06/star-trek-ii-wrath-khan-geekly/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Which captain do you guys think will die first?

Pike.

Sometimes I forget that Shatner is older than Stewart, but then I remember that Stewart looked like he was in his 50s by the time he was 35.

Anyway, I'm gonna pull a wild card and say Kate Mulgrew will die of cancer.

Brooks won't die, he's too funky (and Rutgers Medical School will keep him alive).

This is Chancellor Gowron

Say something about him!

Please don't put trek in the title.

Shatner is going to outlast us all. He should have died of a massive heart attack 25 years ago, but somehow he's outlived Kelly, Doohan, and Nemoy.

It's not fair.

He died like a Klingon.

The real question is will any of them top the class of Nemoy's last tweet.

if he actually visits Sup Forums its only a matter of time before he chokes on his own tendies.

>mfw i won't be able to make myself watch the Discovery series because the ugly-as-Klingon-shit ship just rustles my fucking jimmies too god damn much

I'm not usually autistic about shit in cinema,
but something about this ship makes me want to punch the screen every time i see it.

He trusted a Klingon without honor and paid the price for it

>Worf
>Klingon

why are the captains the only ones that had a career after their Star Trek phase?

>that ship design
Was it really so hard for Enterprise to give us something like this? It looks much better than the flying saucer we ended up with.

That middle-eastern looking medic, the young actor with hair from i can't remember which series,
appeared in plenty of movies and TV shows afterwards.

Discovery pushed back to fall 2017.

inverse.com/article/30505-star-trek-discovery-release-date-rumors-delay-cbs

>2 deflector dishes

wut? Only PatStew had a worthwhile career following the show, if you can call playing Professor X a career. At least it's kept him on the screens, unlike any of the other ones.

>watching DS9 after two month break
>wonder why I stopped
>it's fucking Lwaxana is pregnant, Jake lusting on some milf episode

Claudius Picard looked pretty fucking boss there.

Jake has great taste in women

>tfw rewatch Voyager all the time
How can such a poorly written show be so comfy? I love just putting some Voyager on and sitting back to relax, none of the other shows give me that feeling.
It does have some incredibly well written Trek episodes, though, mostly involving Tuvok

>fun space adventure with a somewhat likeable cast

that's why
it's not trying hard to be edgy or different like DS9 which totally falls apart if you already know all the "twists" and events

Since the Voyager was a smaller class ship you can hear the faint white noise of the engines much more. That is the secret to all Trek and its comfiness. VOY just upped the volume on the white noise while actually making it make sense.

And even though it was a shit Trek, it still had some great characters. Tuvok being the best.

I didn't really like Neelix but loved his effects on Tuvok. When Neelix leaves the ship Tuvok's farewell was surprisingly touching. The guy cared about trek more than the people making it.

youtube.com/watch?v=yOElzUkr5a0

His actor is a bretty cool guy

Pure neonatal bliss. Thank you user, you've just commuted your sentence at Rura Penthei down to 9 months.

Tuvok knows how to tug on the heart strings, I got choked up a few times watching Voyager and they were all Tuvok scenes. The one where they find out how to fix his brain damage, but he tells Neelix he doesn't want to go back to how he was because he wants to stay and have fun with Neelix as his friend. The one in Year of Hell where Janeway decides to take Voyager on a suicide mission, and that one where he says goodbye to Neelix.
;_;

>you have most likely shitposted with THE SHAT in your lifetime
I can die at peace.

I really liked the episode with the con artists posing as the crew and the guy posing as Tuvok goes in too deep and starts believing the ruse. Then the real Tuvok shows up and shoots him in the gut.

>"Your logic is flawed"
>goes full swat blinding the guy while also holding the high ground

I really liked the episode where he got stuck on that planet where time passed in a different way

That was going to be the new design for season 5, but then the show was cancelled just as it was getting really good.

Personally, it's one of my favorite designs from Star Trek

Redundancy necessitated by unreliable technology. Why do you want them to put all their eggs in one deflector shaped basket?

ITT we shall now discuss how Star Trek: Discovery should have the Star Trek franchise merged with Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda.

well you do have to realize that shields weren't like a thing in enterprise

Voyager has two too.

>the federation
>ever falling

2edgy4me

Jesus christ that refit is pure sex.

> tfw their will never be a voyager movie , ds9 or enterprise
feels bad man
> but in all honesty they should have made the new series about the enterprise b or a series that would have followed in the events after voyagers return

Tuvok really was a great character and Russ is an excellent actor, it's a shame he wasn't used more. In most episodes he was pretty much just restricted to a few lines of "Shields at 20%, Captain" and "Firing phasers"

user please no

True, but the episodes that were about his POV were really good. Like the episode where he is investigating himself. I liked it better than DS9's version with Odo doing the same thing.

Or the episode where he and Tom crashed on the planet with the fake "multipass" girl they had falling in love with him. Its yet another Enemy Mine ripoff episode but it was good. Only Darmok fulfills what it set out to achieve better.

This is by far one of my all time favorite designs. So God damned nice.

Allright Sup Forums, release your power level and let us know all about that Star Trek series you planned out, maybe even wrote some chapters or scripts. Tell us about the ship, the plot, the episode ideas and characters, etc.

>THE SHAT
His alias here is Bill Shits, he's a fucking maniac. Still love you Bill, do more music

youtube.com/watch?v=Jze2xTcukc0

>tfw you might have called shatner a faggot at some point

I like the Lwaxana plot but the Jake part of that episode is 100% shit and I always skip through it. Pic related is where you are now.

I like every Lwaxana episode, with her DS9 episodes being her weakest (as they portray her at her weakest). Something about her is genuinely muse-like. They sincerely managed to portray aging in a nuanced way.

Picard fucked up not gallivanting around the stars with her when she came to visit.

>Ship - standard federation ship in the TMP-era, sometime before Yesterday's Enterprise
>Characters - no idea, your standard crew but the doctor is a secret S31 agent
>Plot - here we go

So the ship encounters a race of aliens that use "hard" science fiction style technology. It's "primitive" but very effective.
>Casaba howitzer nuclear shaped charges that shred shields
>nuclear pulse propulsion based on antimatter-catalyzed fusion
>ablative armor
>effective point defenses
>actual electronic warfare
>bomb-pumped x-ray lasers

The federation crew is dumbfounded how a non-warp civilization can wreck their powerful and advanced ship, which is damaged following their drop out of warp in their system.

>meet with aliens
>aliens are free-market fanatics
>split into clans/mega-corporations
>obsessed with eugenics
>matriarchal
>embrace genetic modification

So the crew meets them and they find the aliens VERY sexually aggressive/forward. They reproduce by getting pregnant, then storing the embryo for later analysis. The more genetic diversity in a clan/corporation, the better so they like to fuck a lot.
>sex is competitive
>if partners are from different clans/corporations, the one who experienced the most climaxes loses, the one who provided the most pleasure gets to keep the embryo
>one alien mentions to a female Starfleet character that his family line has prehensile penises- and shows her

The Starfleet crew is horrified by all of this. The aliens are friendly enough but they're completely fucked in terms of Federation morals and values. Even when it comes to engineering, they laugh at Starfleet for using force fields to do simple shit like damage control. They consider replicators a massive waste, same with artificial gravity when you can just genetically modify the crew to resist zero-g and acceleration stresses.

>aliens have slower than light empire of 3 systems
>aliens are near Romulan border

I asked about your Star Trek series, not your fetish

But I like it

cont'd

>Feds eventually detect a graveyard of Romulan ships from about 150 years ago
>ships are wrecked, clearly picked over for technology
>ask aliens about it
>aliens reply that they thought the Romulans were clearly some race that got ahold of advanced tech but weren't ready for it- seeing as they use artificial gravity, don't wear vacuum suits during combat, etc.
>They think warp drive is an artifact from a hyper-advanced race and is too dangerous to use
>Were unable to decrypt much of the Romulan information, but did discover a planet's location
>decided to fuck them up
>sent a relativistic kill vehicle towards a Romulan colony system ~130 years go
>due to impact in the next week or so
>Romulans will never detect it coming, will 100% guaranteed destroy their planet
>Feds explain how much sh it this will cause, explain politics and technology of the galaxy to our aliens
>aliens understand, agree to help the Feds stop the RKV
>Feds fix ship, go to stop it
>Realize alien electronic warfare systems on the RKV's makes stopping them very hard
>Alien liaison on-board won't hand over EW shutdown codes to the Feds without some assurance- a main character joining his clan via mating
>Feds relent but no time for mating
>Alien liaison is very good at his job, shit happens they didn't expect, he still saves the day through sheer competence and engineering talent that puts Starfleet's engineers to shame

The episode ends with the Feds agreeing to donate gametes (eggs and sperm, no fertilized embryos) to the aliens to join their clans as honorary members/friends.

Everyone parts ways with disaster averted but the closing Captain's narration notes that he's terrified of what the aliens will be like on the wider Galactic stage. He notes that the Federation Council should make exceptions to allow these aliens membership- if only because he fears being their enemy and they wouldn't otherwise be allowed into the Federation-- as they despise unified governments.

Are there any other actors that looked better without hair?

Oh boy, you dun asked for it now

I've got a story I'm working on VERY intermitantly.
Takes place very, VERY post TNG. It's basically about the crew of the USS LaForge, an Igor class tender, as they follow behind some of the more prominent ships, including the Enterprise (In this case, the H) cleaning up messes and making repairs.

The idea is the Federation is the single longest lasting and broadest spanning intergalactic alliance, outlasting the Klingon empire, the Romulans, the Dominion, and even eradicating the Borg. There's not much left to do, and it's a very poorly kept secret that the Federation has kinda disappeared up its own ass, and become too much of a fan of itself.

I tried designing an Enterprise with that idea in mind. Something that's still cool, but also intentionally gaudy.

Forgot my pic

I honestly can't think of any other characteristically bald actors.

I like the Starfleet symbol-shaped nacelles, it really gives the 'way too cocky' thing you want to go for. I'd elongate the ship, though, it seems pretty scrunched up.

this is a terrible post, and yet ironically hits on an idea since Nietzschens are essentially Andromeda-universe's augments.

Both are causes for their perspective universes in nearly the same fashion.

When I was in middle school and ENT was coming out my friend and I used to fantasize what a Sphere Builders war show would look like. As an adult I don't think it would be that great though.

Pike died in 1969.

I think the special comfiness of VOY is intrinsically linked to its bad writing.
The premise was supposed to allow for the grittiest Trek ever made, with a crew at each others' throats, no help from friends and allies, choices which force them to violate the PD just to survive... but instead it almost immediately became a comfy, familial 'adventure of the week' show.

screencap?

It really is a design with no appreciation for Federation A E S T H E T I C S

I have no fucking clue what they were thinking and I also screech autistically when I see it, user.

I would not fuck with Jean Luc Claudius desu

I thought the pics we saw were just concept art and not the final design ... right?

Enterprise and Voyager got the Braga dick so hard lads, it really makes me sad :(

Season 5 Enterprise they'd *finally* thrown off most of the baggage and all the cast was actually locked in to there characters/giving a shit about the material. CANCELLED.

Voyager? The most unique take on the Star Trek forumla possible, literal tabula rasa + freedom for darker sci fi story lines etc.
BERMAN-BRAGA'd

Rustles some sad jimmies my officers

Say what you will about the ship designs (I think they're actually pretty great, but to each their own), credit where it's due, the guy who renders these ships certainly knows what he's doing. The render and photoshop job on these shots is stunning.

I thought that thing went along with the exposed part of the saucer section and combined to be a secondary/specialized sensor array?

As I recall, Voyager was from a class of ships designed for scientific analysis & exploration. Thats also why they were outfitted with the bioneural gel packs (field testing) and the adjusting nacell pylons designed to slow/prevent subspace damage by high warp travel.

...I'm a fucking nerd :(

Does the uniform have any special property like being cold resistance or something along those lines? I'm asking because when the away team goes to a cold planet they rarely use any equipment

>it's a Janeway refuses to kill a Vidiian to save Neelix on moral grounds but kills Tuvix to save Tuvok without hesitation episode

Darmok is on some Philip K. Dick shit though, tbf. Its truly one of the best written sci-fi telenovellas ever.

based. ty.

>Viridian
>a life that already existed

>Tuvix
>a life that only exists because of a transport accident

Tuvix had no right to exist

I prayed, but I secretly knew...

Paramount/CBS that whole Trek squad has never taken fan feedback seriously so I knew it wouldn't change. Yet I screech on into the darkness..

Its special property was being durable and reusable thus saving kike shekels

But shitposting aside, thats one of the few things I really like about nuTrek films - away missions get kitted out based on situation.

Tuvix was an abomination of transporter technology. Its pretty established by subtext that the Federation has little to no regard for any life forms that result from what can properly be called
>a transporter malfunction

its one of the subtly dark things about the Trek universe imo

Was it kino?

He was in an interactive VHS board game some friends of my parents had when I was a kid
youtu.be/3_739DxrMOs

That scene in sickbay where he did six lines of holographic cocaine and started babbling about Phil Hartman was really unnecessary.

I asked because I was rewatching that Naked Time episode and they wear some special suit

this is fucking awesome m8
are you a writefag? I'd love to read stories like this

You know that Andy Dick did some voice acting on GTA: San Andreas? That's kino!

jewish blood magic

Willis and Statham

>s4e2 The Visitor
how was ds9 able to make something so emotional

I STILL HAVE THIS GAME

used to play it with my parents. its fucking based lads. pop in the comfy vhs and play along with the board game as crewman attempting to save an abandoned Enterprise from takeover by Klingons.

This needs a blu-ray re-issue

There are a handful of times where the writers thought to address the need for special costumes/suits and the studio had the budget for it to happen. So it ends up being pretty rare.

>watched TOS a long-ass time ago in high school
>plus TAS
>finally got around to watching the movies

>TMP: DC
Good stuff. Great story and character development, but ultimately felt like an extended episode and was just way too slow in some parts, even with the director's cut fixing some pacing issues already.

>II
I knew it was supposed to be good, and I had seen clips but damn, I never knew how great this truly was. It's better than TMP at being a movie, because it ramps up the stakes and the action without overtaking the characters.

>III
A little boring, but still quite enjoyable. I like the new Klingon look and language, and the plot felt like a natural extension of II. The ending was pretty awkward though.

>IV
Oh this one was great. I love when there's no villain and it's just about solving a problem. The humor was fantastic. I miss when Trek was this fun. My only problem is the plot.

Now I'm up to V. Pic related. I am 20 minutes in and already this is one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen in my life. I've heard people say it's still true to Kirk, Spock and McCoy but even that feels very off.

And it started so promising, so humble. Just Kirk climbing a mountain while he's on shore leave? I love it. And the intro in the neutral zone was kind of compelling. But after those first 8 minutes, it just takes a nosedive. Did Shatner himself write this script? I don't think I can finish this.

Yeah Final Frontier was pretty shitty. The Kirk/Spock/McCoy bantering and some of Scotty's shenanigans were the only thing redeemable about it. Undiscovered Country I think is the best Trek film though, so atleast you have that.

TMP is the ultimate pleb filter. It's all downhill from there. Only Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country is worth it.

The thing about TMP is that it originally WAS a TV episode. It was originally pitched as a pilot for a new series with Decker as the Captain, but nobody wanted to pick it up so it was reworked and optioned as a movie.

I accept your graceful defeat and apology.

You see, us Enterprise fans are weirdly enough the most outspoken and defiant against the naysayers and rightly so.

>devoid of nu-males or feminists
>actual frontier space exploration, unlike the rest of trek
>bro-tier Captain who has your back no matter what (and can play the funk outta' some Water Polo)
>sexy Vulcan bridge babe
>country fried catfish Trip Tucker the Third makin' sure them engines are running at peak efficicacy
>sexy comm officer who can speak in more tongues than you've ever had running across your WHOOOAAA

Face it. Enterprise is arguably the best of the entire franchise and will go down in history as such.

Later fags.

Anyone have a Mega or torrent of the director's edition of VI? I can't find it anywhere.

I enjoyed Phlox

This.

II works so well because it's telling (like in a good Trek episode) an archetypal story in a newish way with Trek flavor.
Submarine stories are always high tension affairs and generally excellent.

ew.com/article/2016/05/06/star-trek-ii-wrath-khan-geekly/

This article is quite fun too

>the ENT autist is evolving

How do we stop him

>...I'm a fucking nerd :(
More like "I'm a ....fuckin' nerd \m/ ^_^ \m/!"

Bro, I'm another ENT autist. Not that spam-wizard David (his real name irl).

No. I just love the idea of an "anti-Federation" that isn't outright evil. Also a foil to the over-engineering of Starfleet design.

That and they've met sexually weird aliens before, but there's never been a compelling reason for them being forward other than strange gender system or ulterior motives or just being slutty.

Other Trek idea:
>USS Diversity
>Klingon Medical Officer who believes euthanasia is the correct choice for all serious problems
>Copious bloodwine consumption solves all other problems
>Empathic ship's counselor who CONSTANTLY senses that enemies on-screen want to bang him
>Apathetic captain, given position as punishment
>Starfleet's most practical engineering department, literally stares at the captain when he suggests using a force field instead of closing a door.
>Consoles on the bridge NEVER explode- engineers explain they just used low voltage electricity and fiber optics- go on to ask why ANYONE would run high energy plasma through a simple console
>Engineers are aloof, inaccessible, condescending- think the most insufferable IT team ever
>Ship's counselor is often traded to enemies of the week in exchange for the ship's survival
>Captain always has a dirty trick/plan to dupe the enemies
>Sensor lock on counselor
>beam out the MOMENT before penetration
>Ship's counselor is a goddamn wreck, can't counsel anyone because of his crippling PTSD
>Think Harry Kim but worse with women, because he's scared shitless of intimacy or sexual contact
>Counselor will regularly and publicly melt down when nubile alien women are involved in the plot
>Ferengi academy grad as helmsman
>Jewish human at ops
>They are unnaturally good bros, better than Bashir and O'Brien
>Routinely swindle and trick aliens for shit the ship needs
>Constantly running scams among the crew
>Tactical officer is of vaguely Germanic extraction (he's secretly Swiss, strangely gets on with Ferengi and Jew), very intense, borderline genocidal