Does Sup Forums believe money can buy happiness?

does Sup Forums believe money can buy happiness?

Other urls found in this thread:

content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2019628,00.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2019628,00.html

I know everybody says

Money can’t buy happiness

But it could buy me a boat,

it could buy me a truck to pull it

It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets

Yeah, and I know what they say,

Money can’t buy everything

Well, maybe so,

But it could buy me a boat

I do.

The reason they say money can't buy happiness is because every method of getting lots comes with it's own baggage that usually stifles you from accomplishing what you wanted to use the money for in the first place.

I am sure it can't. Only lack of problems or the ability to solve all of them can bring happiness.

Don't know for sure, but it sure as hell can make misery more enjoyable.

This. Usually you have pressure from your job and you can't see your family etc. But if I was given 10 million out of the blue with no drawbacks, I'd live the rest of my life in comfort and be happy as a clam.

It definitely helps

You ever seen a unhappy person in a Bugatti? Or a waverunner? Or a private jet?

The only things you need in life are shelter and sustenance. Everything else is a matter of perspective.

Maybe not, but everything that could possibly make you happy requires money. Starving on the streets is not happiness.

The people who actually believe money makes you unhappy have a sort of sickness called greed and envy. They're lead around by their desires like a slave by chain, they're controlled by it rather than attempting to master themselves. A Christian culture, specifically the aspects of it best defined as slave morality, appealed to them without them realising such a philosophy wasn't just not designed for them, it was designed against them. It was about making light of a shitty situation, to imagine Sisyphus as happy. Instead, it made these idiots (the rich) actually envious of the poor. How could anyone become so pathetic as to envy and thus hate those kept down?

Sartre loved thinking that money doesn't, or shouldn't, buy happiness, but when asked what actions a person could take that were genuinely free of monetary cost he only ever responded in anger. This was Sartre failing to solve the problem.

Because money enables freedom and freedom allows you to exert control or your will onto your environment, this is the defining nature of humanity. Poverty is a form of slavery, especially in the modern world where you're given just enough creature comforts to lock yourself in your room. It's bread and circuses with a twist: stay the fuck out of public areas.

I hate to instill victim complexes, but if there are people keeping you in poverty, if there's an effort to deprioritize your specific demographic in your field of expertise, there is a deliberate effort to keep you powerless and weak.

I'd agree with this, money tends not to work instantly but rather almost always leads to happiness later on if used properly.

Yes. Money is the ultimate source of happiness. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking ((((jew))))

Yes and No. I'm pretty fucking loaded and happy as can be but I don't give a shit what others think and I do things hat make me happy. Some of my friends who are wealthier then myself are miserable only because they are obsessed with showing off his great it is to have money and constantly needing approval of others. I can say without a doubt though that have stacks is way better then being poor.

>if used properly.
This right here. The key is using it properly.

Money itself can be used to instil happiness, especially if you're a stock trader and feel a sense of accomplishment in growing a portfolio. This is just an example. For another crude but effective example, drugs will make you happy if not for a short while and drugs cost money. Ergo, money bought happiness.

But again, money must be seen as a means of power rather than materialism itself. It must be seen as a tool for control, to introduce new challenges in your life and to grow as a person in a capitalist society.

Without this you're another douche given everything a little too easily. Give them the world and they'll cry that something is missing: their own sensibilities.

Or anyone promoting slave morality.

Humans can't attain happiness, it's like an asymptote they'll always want more and never be satisfied. Don't you read Schopenhauer? Money lets you rent some momentary joy.

Yes

Nope. But if money can't buy happiness, then I guess I'll have to rent it.

If I had a lot of money, I could buy a lot of burgers. What more could an American want?

Turns out, people are most happy with just enough, scientifically.

Hot dogs.

What's with Kojima and burgers (or food in general)?

I've got no idea, but the other question is, who's the autist that compiled all the photos of this autist doing this shit?

Oh fug yer right. Also pizza.

He's an American at heart.

definitely doesn't hurt

It can buy a wave runner, so you tell me.

god damn that looks gud

He has to eat a lot too keep all those crazy ideas in his head running.

>buy her
>fiki fiki
>happy

If Americans really believed money doesn't buy happiness they wouldn't idolize success nor compare each other based on what they own.

Pulled pork and brisket.

The only way I could be happy is if I had a 10/10 body after eating whatever the fuck I want. Young girls these days fuck anyone they think is hot, money is no longer necessary.

My dad says money is like the grease to the machine of life. It'll make the engine run smoother but if you have messed up gears then all the oil in the world won't make it run.

no. many things lose their value as soon as they are bought because purposefully wanting them devalues them for some reason.

As someone who has literally had 0 dollars for two weeks, yes. Yes it does user. Ask everyone who has died from famine.

No, but not having to worry about money allows you to pursue the things which make you happy

Money can 100% buy happiness. Anybody who says otherwise is a poorfag.

Fuck yes it does.

Maybe heaps of it.

I have over $20k but nothing to spend it on. Too much to buy frivolous things, not enough to buy a house.

I have around 40K in savings (not that that is a huge amount or anything) and I'm miserable. I always feel like I'm missing something. So I date, I move, I try different jobs.

I think I'm just doomed to be a miserable, selfish person.oh well

>happiness exists in this world

Money can buy anything. That's why it was invented you know. To buy things.

It can't. You just live out your current addictions in fancier surroundings. Eventually you hit a point where your finances can't fund your vices any longer, and then you're broke, miserable, and on the streets.
Sources: Every washed up sports athlete/lottery winner you can think of.

It buys land and guns and those make me happy

Money is not the end but the means. Though being filthy rich has many benefits.

No. Because happiness is such a vague concept. Desire for such a thing has led many a person astray from their goals.

Money can buy happiness. The most important commodity you can buy is called "not having to give a fuck".

I think you need to earn the money to get that permanent "no more stress, I can do what I want, future is secure" high though. If you had money since birth it's probably not a big deal, and won't buy you happyness.

Better rich and
>tfw no gf
>tfw no racewar
>tfw ...
than poor and having the >tfw.