life

time for Wheeler to blow his elbow

>Reyes

JUST

really very sad

Not too bad a start I guess.

Sad!

good thing Miami is only winning 45 this year

So how long do y'all stay interested in ST before you're just praying for baseball that matters to start? Lasts about one day for me

The fastball looks good, but like Keith said he should be throwing it by them right now. Still a good first inning, though.
Is Jeter a Yankees inside man?

any barves fags here

I'm here

Its gonna last probably till we get a good idea of which Mets pitchers are dead for me

Stanton was an inside job by the Phils, Braves, and Mets to get 19 free wins

A smile I wish to protect

how do you feel about the season, whats your hopes

man Gonzalez looks washed up

Frazier!

Which uniforms showcased Anthony Recker’s ass best: Mest or Barves?

Welcome to Beisbol

>10 HRs allowed
It felt like a lot more tbqh

there was a stretch when Robles wasn't bad iirc

Hoping for .500, but not much more, Swanson needs to do better and our other rookies just need to grow, hopefully Freddie plays his dick off again

Similarly to guys like Salas, he got way overused down the stretch because injuries/shit depth. Only Blevins really kept up his level of performance with that much overexposure to hitters.

Probably because I feel like 4 or 5 of them were either grand slams or 3 run homers.

Bradford also was doing really well but he got left out one time iirc, I'm honestly sad he was DFA'd and taken by the Mariners

we got good Robles, noice
yeah I'm fairly sure he came in and gave up a slam or 3-run shot on his first pitch once. good times.
that does suck, but our reliever depth is actually pretty good this year (on paper) with guys like Swarzak, Ramos, etc.

yeah hopefully Mickey knows how to not treat them like Boxer in animal farm so we don't get absolutely fucked. IMO last year back in April the turning point was that game with the Marlins that went to like 16 innings, Terry really raped the bullpen there and it felt like afterwards they all turned to shit.

Wow yeah I remember that, our depth was shot for like a week. Definitely the beginning of a downward spiral that culminated in Noah's injury.

I think Callaway will be cautious with the pitchers, and use different guys in spots for once (cough cough Blevins leading the league in appearances). Him being a former pitching coach is a really good thing imo.

Rosariooooo

Yep, grand slam against the Phillies which of course decided the game.

Mickey is definitely going to be the key to this season, as our offense and fielding seems like it will be fine for once, its just the pitching. Its a good team that can go far, the pitching just needs to not be a tire fire again

damn, nice barehand
just need quality seasons from at least 3 guys imo. Jake and Noah should be fine, but one of Matz/Harvey/Gsellman/Lugo/Vargas needs to be above average. Rest of the division is bad enough that a wild card is totally plausible.

im already bored of ST

>glasses
>throws hard
>gets Ks
>no control
Kyle Farnsworth?

I think for Vargas anything other than consistency and eating innings is just gravy. He seems to be a mostly known quantity, beyond that I completely agree with you. A rotation of Noah/Jake/One of those guys being good/xxxx/Vargas would a good enough rotation to carry the Mets into the wild card, and I feel >we have a really high chance of at least one of those guys turning out.

Consistency and eating innings are qualities the Mets staff desperately needs desu. The guy with the second most innings pitched for the Mets in 2017 was Robert Gsellman (still only 119.2 innings), and he ended up being worth negative WAR.

Yeah Vargas isn't flashy but brings a lot to the table that the mets really needed. That's why even though it wasn't someone like Lynn/Cobb, I was still extremely happy with the signing. Besides his surgery which he seems to have recovered well from he has consistently been able to eat a fuckton of innings and win games. The team already has elite pitching it just needs stability.

>A-Gone
I"m just glad they decided to address the problem. In 2016 and 2017 they thought that the pitchers we have would be enough, and they really weren't in the end due to injury/regression. This move shows they know that the rotation wasn't perfect as is.

AGon is such trash I really fucking hope Smith can get his shit together and make the lineup so we don't have to put this dinosaur out there.
Yeah it was a good offseason overall imo, this is probably a minor unpopular opinion but I think they made all the right moves except maybe not trading for a better 2B than assdribble. Some people seemed to want Moose and Lucroy but I personally both think they're overrated as fuck and would either be much more expensive than what we got while not being not much better (Moose) or just not better than what we already have (Lucroy)

Only thing I might have wanted is a higher quality infielder. I love having Reyes as a backup/mentor to Rosario, but Asdrubal at 2nd is a pretty budget option. Would have loved to have traded for Starlin Castro or the like.

Offense when.

I have a good feeling that unless assdribble gives the Mets reason to think that he's gonna be great they will trade Nimmo and maybe another lesser prospect for either Josh Harrison or Starlin Castro. I think they hesitated on pulling the trigger for that over this offseason because the Mets need Nimmo until Conforto gets back or until Lagares proves he's actually improved offensively. If they traded for Castro they could also ship Tim Tebow to Miami which I'm sure good ol Jeet's would salivate at.

>Tebow back in Florida
>good chance to get called up before the season is over
Utter madness.

Alright everyone, I have an afternoon class unfortunately. Should be back in an hour or so, hopefully the thread's still going on then. Good start to the year.

I’m actually gonna be going too because I have to run some errands so the thread might be dead

welp

if this guy says raygeem one more time i swear ill kms

Fellow barves fan signing in

Same as Also hoping someone assassinates Blooper the unfortunately named walking penis mascot. That being said I got opening day tickets and hope Teheran gets traded out of nowhere.

Hey they actually scored.

This pitcher is shook

discord.gg/qrdqAy Mlb discord we want braves fans

gg braves

Joined discord but says not authorized to send message