This mother fucker. Was he good? How do you rank him on a scale of 1-10?

This mother fucker. Was he good? How do you rank him on a scale of 1-10?

Where does he stand among all the other Star Wars movie villains?

It seems all the opinions on him are mixed

>6
>Just a tier above Grievous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yzpBS9cC83U
youtube.com/watch?v=RpX7dyTfgzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh and I think he's a huge pussy

As a villain or as a fighter? As a villain I'd say 5/10, he has the potential to be good.

As a fighter unironically a 2/10.

Dipends from the scene and plot point.
His Schrödinger's Power Level is one of the many reasons TFA is garbage.

I think he's one of the best villains established in the saga, at least for his first outing. As a character I'd give him an 8/10.

I think 6 is fair. He started off good being this unstable and unpredictable villain vs vader's cool and collected manner, but then by the 2nd half they turn that unstable desperate part of him into a gag almost and he just looks really pathetic and petty along with him getting his ass kicked officially making him the underdog of the trilogy, which would've been good for a protagonist but not the villain

Literally the most autistic Star Wars villian.

In other words he's a pussy

once he takes his mask off yes

Literally how is he an 8? We know jack shit about him. Why did he turn to the Dark Side? What's his relationship with Snoke? What was his relationship with Luke, his parents? Why is he so shit at fighting? Why is a 29 year old so emotionally immature?

I get the impression that fans of Kylo Ren are 10% fans of what was in the film and 90% fans of whatever their headcanon about him is.

Easily the best Star Wars villain/character up till now.

He's the only reason why I care about the sequel trilogy.

At least his character is a little interesting, not like Rey.

For me he was the real protagonist of the movie.

This. They should've scraped rey fin and poe and just tell the movie through kylos POV. Would've been way more interesting

8/10

My favorite thing of Disney Wars.

Garbage. He's like a crap version of Vader written for idiots. Vader's motives throughout Empire are very ambiguous until. He relentlessly hunts Luke to the exclusion of everything else, insists he can be turned instead of just killed, blatantly holds back and is unusually complimentary towards Luke's skills. Then he reveals that he is Luke's father and it all falls into place. It reveals a human side to Vader
Meanwhile the first words said to Kylo Ren is
>THE DARK SIDE IS NOT YOUR REAL PATH YOU ARE TOTES A GOOD PERSON DEEP DOWN RA RA FORESHADOWING
Then they flat out state that he feels "tempted by the light" which is not only total fucking nonsense that ignores that the dark side is the quick and easy path, it also spells out his conflict so even retards can follow along. In the first ten minutes they spell out he's just an emo teen, they make it absolutely clear he's a bitch nigga, hell they even spell out he's Han's kid in a throwaway line of dialogue
4/10. Maybe they'll do something interesting in the later films, but somehow I doubt it

His design is 10/10, not even joking.

Him as a character is about 7/10 as of right now. With some good development he could get to 9/10.

>reminder this guy will never play Kylo relative

>Autistic temper-tantrum-throwing man-child
Perfect villain for the current generation.

Pretty shit among SW villains but I don't think he's supposed to be pure evil anyways. And he's still the best/most interesting character in TFA.

9/10. Kylo and the scenes with him and Rey were the only good parts of TFA. I'm watching TLJ only to see where his character goes and how that relationship ends up.

>knows what Vader's lightsaber looks like even though it was lost on a gas planet before he was even born

>has no real motivation at all besides "I FEEL PAIN AND VADER'S DEAD"

Shit character

They revealed his face too early in the film... and they made him a whiny bitch.

What made Vader menacing was he seemed indestructible... even the last scene in ANH he got foiled by a freak accident and got out unscathed... only to be even more menacing and unstoppable bearing down on the rebellion in ESB.

Kylo looks so beatable right now that there is no real tension or fear that he is invoking.

If I were to rewrite TFA, I would never show his face until the Han scene...

And for the Mary Sue / Kylo saber battle, Rey needs to have been beaten after a valiant effort only for the Falcon to come to her rescue... Kylo should have been overcome by darkside force rage and completely overpowered her.

Lost opportunity but it's to be expected with Disney... maybe they rectify his character in TLJ ... but I'm not hopeful.

I think they made him look too conflicted to be a serious villain.

Maybe we'll see him defect in the future.

>Kylo should have been overcome by dark side force rage
This is why I never pay attention to Kylo haters. They paid absolutely no attention to the character and what his relationships are supposed to be as presented in the movie.

He's not supposed to be the big bad the protagonist levels of to defeat. You're supposed to go from seeing a scary, competent villain to seeing the layers get peeled off until the reality of him is revealed. Thus he's at his lowest during the final fight. He doesn't go full dark side rage because after killing Han, he's weakened and more conflicted than ever. That's in the script.

He shows his face for the first time to Rey because they're indicating to the audience that his relationship with Rey is going to be the key one in his character arc.

*levels up

we've only seen the first movie of the trilogy, this guy obviously isn't going to be a villian throughout the entire thing. he's an angsty angry teen with zero self-control who almost died because he got a boner for some slut.

youtube.com/watch?v=yzpBS9cC83U

the real villian is going to be luke skywalker, which is completely fucking obvious from 5 seconds of looking at the poster. you can even fucking hear luke pledging himself to his master in an edgy dark voice at the end of the most recent trailer.

why do you think hamill is so fucking butthurt about how they wrote his character? the faggot was probably a snoke apprentice the entire time

then there's the bald mutilated faggot with the yellow lightsaber, who's face is hidden, who beats the shit out of a sith in a mask who is most likely kylo, and is seen kneeling in front of someone who is most likely snoke

they probably decided to give luke the vader treatment, burn and mutilate his body, JUST so they can put him in a vader suit and sell more badass darth miscellaneous figurines and cups

He is basically Hayden's Anakin in the Vader costume. Complete shit.

At least put effort into it.

Kylo is PURE EVIL! Rey, her dad Luke and true love Finn are obviously going to hunt down and kill him together, you stupid retards. Did you even watch the movie? Kylo was trying to kill Rey the entire time! You think she will forgive him? LOL!

All this redemption nonsense is just coming from you DELUSIONAL Reylos. He is a villain to be defeated, he doesn't know how to feel love and REYLO is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS. STOP SHIPPING REY WITH HER ABUSER AND ASKING HER TO FORGIVE HIM.

It's not going to happen. Kylo will die during the first half of TLJ at either Rey's or Luke's hand. I guarantee it. She will NEVER forgive him, and she shouldn't. He deserves to die for killing her father figure.

would've been a lot better if his first unmasking was in front of Han when Han told him to take it off

Hammil would love to play the villain. face the truth user, they did Yodaesque montage of him training Rey and killed him off, he will have only a small part

He's the worst Star Wars villain so far. The only reason Sup Forums likes him is because he's the only original white male character in the movie that gets more than one line.

Krennic was much better.

>his design is 10/10
Maybe because it's not an original design

It's supposed to show that Rey is going to be an important person to him going forward.

No shit, it's Revan 2.0. That's why it's so good

Well considering a copy of something good, good, is your prerogative I guess. Personally it looks aesthetically good but the fact that it is such a rip off sours it for me. Along with everything else in the Farce Engorges.

could you kindly explain to me why luke is the largest face on the poster when the villian is always the largest face on a star wars poster

this is completely ignoring that the force awakens has already set the red = bad & blue = bad colour scheme for the new trilogy.

luke is the villian, and the beam between him and kylo is meant to represent that luke vs kylo is going to be the primary conflict of the movie.

That would be cool.

All depends on how he develops in the next 2 movies. Based on TFA alone, he's probably 4/10 or something. I should probably go lower, because him removing his helmet is truly an unintended comedic moment in the movie. The first time I saw it in theatres, a little girl in front of my laughed. The 2nd time there was a couple somewhere who started chuckling. I can only imagine that it happened to other people too.

who is this guy and why is he submitting himself to snoke, after beating the shit out of a sith in an earlier trailer scene?

Considering KOTOR is non-canon, it's nice to see even a little reference to it in the movies.

>He's the worst Star Wars villain so far.
General Grievance is the worst, he was a coughing robot. Maul would be shit tier too if it weren't for the cool fight scenes.

But Rey will be his most important relationship in the trilogy.

Epic

>because him removing his helmet is truly an unintended comedic moment in the movie.

kylo is supposed to looks weak and childlike, he's not evil enough to be a sith.

To me it more says that Luke and Kylo are both antagonists to some degree and Rey stands to influence and shine her light on them both.

Though I think it's notable that Kylo looks sad and worried while Luke looks more angry and determined.

>6

Not even a 3...He is a "try harder" guy, wearing a mask just to looking cool, with a "try harder" lightsaber, ridiculous attitude and lost a fight to a nigger loving bitch.

But the character was made on purpose, is a waste of minutes, scenes, customs and script lines, I still don't understand why the jew abrams made him, probably in the next releases he will become "good" thus teching us that growing up and getting matured show us that we must follow goodness and wisdom...or some shit.

One of the worst characters, and not only in SW.

Anakin/Vader was Emo Level 10

Kylo Ren is Emo Level over 9000

Therefore Kylo Ren is the greatest Star Wars villian of all time...as per the emo power level standard that has been the final bad guy power level standard developed by Lucas himself in his Magnus Opus, the culmination of his personal vision, the Prequels

I like the subtler aspects of the character; the deference, the predation, the spiritualism. The opening dialogue for Kylo was pretty good...it established that he has a dry kind of wit about him that seemed to outmatch Oscar Isaac's character...but he becomes hot-tempered too quickly for that contrast to surprise us.

This scene looks more like coming from Spaceballs than from Star Wars

the largest face on every single poster has been a sith.

in posters 3,4,5,6 it's darth vader

in poster 2 it's anakin, which is when he starts to become a right cunt

in poster 1 it's darth maul

in poster 7 it's kylo ren

in poster 8 it's luke skywalker

this obviously isn't coincidence, and the trailer we've seen already has shown literally nothing of kylo as an antagonist, the antagonist in that movie so far hasn't even been touched on.

the only thing of note I've seen is the completely new, vader-inspired character, with the yellow lightsaber, who completely destroys a sith in a mask, and is then immediately seen kneeling to snoke.

this mystery yellow lightsaber dude is going to be the actual villian, who upstages kylo to become snokes apprentice.

There's an odd balance of dry wit, eager spirituality and rage, but he doesn't have the deftness to combine them well in the first movie.

we really aren't meant to see kylo as a real villian, because by the end of movie 2 he's not going to be the villian

You missed the fucking point.

In any trilogy, you need the main villain to seem unstoppable and invulnerable during the first act/film... layers get peeled off later (Vaders doesn't get peeled off until "I am your father" at the very end of film 2..)

Now I'm not saying they have to follow the cookie cutter and make them all the same... but at this point there's nothing menacing about this motherfucker and so there is not tension... in OT, you had doubts about whether Luke could overcome Vader or the Emperor... but Kylo has been defeated already by a stronk female no-less...

Time for the man children to grow up and drop this fucking shit... let it die with dignity...

Luke is just going to be a nihilist. Rey will be taken aback by how run down Luke is. I really doubt Luke will be motivated to lean one way or another

kylo isn't the main villian you fucking retard

look at kylo getting completely fucking obliterated by yellow sabre robot hand man.

Where did you see the yellow light saber wielding apprentice? Source?

Flashback scene...

luke is being portrayed in the poster as a larger threat than kylo, there's no way that's just nihilism, ESPECIALLY when largest face has been a position for the sith threat in literally every single movie before this one.

luke is going to do something that makes him a larger threat than kylo

This. He's not supposed to look badass.

>Her true self got the better of her and she replied tactlessly, despite the danger. “That happens when you’re being hunted by a creature in a mask.”

>She had a moment to ponder his possible reaction and to fear it. But he did not do what she expected. Instead, he reached up, unlatched and removed his mask. She just stared at him in silence. In itself the narrow face that looked back at her was not remarkable. It was almost sensitive.

Luke and Vader relationship was the single most important in the entire saga and we didn't see his face until the fucking end...

Where the fuck are you autists coming up with these correlaries ?

Will this scene have a payoff?

this trailer, and the pic I just posted: youtube.com/watch?v=yzpBS9cC83U

>flashback scene

doesn't make sense when you see him beating the shit out of people in a full-scale battle that other characters in the movie are already shown to be a part of.

Maybe Kylo is actually the real protagonist and that's why Rey beats him in the first movie
In the third we'll see Kylo beat her

>tfw rey will have to choose between them
>she'll side with kylo in the end

normies are gonna FREAK

WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN WHO CARES STAR WARS IS FOR FAGGOTS AND WOMEN

That is a fake fan made trailer.

SW is zombie Simpsons tier at this point...

brb killing myself

For Reference as a Villain: Vader is 10/10
Palpatine is a 9/10 (Due to him only being around for a little bit)
Jabba is an 8/10
Tarkin is a 7/10.
Dooku is a 5/10
Grievous is a 1/10 (Movie only)

So I'd say he's an effective villain. He has depth, pathos, He's really intimidating at first and undeniably powerful, until he gets chumped by Rey. And after that, I hate him, he's a whiny pissy little bitch and I want to stab him in the face. When chewie shot him my theater cheered. And Hating a villain makes him very effective.
He's a solid 8/10

As a Character? So far? 9/10. He was one of the most interesting and complex people in that movie and if not for Kylo Ren it would've sunk the whole thing.

As a Fighter with that Lightsaber?
10 being Prequel Obi-wan, and 1 being Han cutting open the tauntaun, or that one asshole who Jango Fett just shoots in the face in Clones? I'd say he's a good 6. He beats a Stormtrooper, who's a trained fighter with ease, even when wounded, tired and emotionally exhausted. But he gets his ass kicked by a desert survivor with the Force pretty damn handily. He has immense potential.

I just dont see any kind of motivation for Luke being a Sith. I guess thats why you watch the movie.

rewatch the han solo death scene and tell me that is the resolve of a final villian

youtube.com/watch?v=RpX7dyTfgzI

Vader was a 10/10 in the first Star Wars and the only thing we knew about him was that he Killed Luke's Father, was the bad guy and scary as fuck looking, and Murdered Obi-wan Kenobi.

luke has been placed in the position of the main villian in the poster. there's no other outcome for him other than to be a villian.

BRAVO NOL... wait.

>Yellow saber robot hand

Is this bait?

He takes off the mask to make Rey more comfortable and humanize himself after she calls him creature in a mask.

>Unlike Poe, Rey has not been harmed by Kylo, nor anyone else. There’s no blood – not even bruises – and it doesn’t look like her restraints are uncomfortably tight.

In the novelization, he actually removes her restraints as soon as she wakes up.

>Kylo is crouched across from her, staring at her with his helmet on. He’s seated much lower than her and he’s looking up: he’s put himself in a lower position than her so he’s not looming over her, and this is very important. When you’re lower than another person (physically), the position is less threatening.

That's what he's doing when he takes off the mask after Rey calls him a creature in a mask. He's trying to humanize himself and make himself less threatening. For whatever reason, he doesn't want Rey to be afraid of him.

>This is another distinction in how Rey is treated VS. everyone else, because by taking away his mask Kylo is putting himself at a distinct disadvantage. He’s taking away the impersonal nature of the scene (which would have given him a psychological hold over her) and he’s taking away a source of fear that he could have utilized to keep Rey passive. Once again, Kylo’s doing things to calm her: things he doesn’t have to, as he’s already in a dominant position of power.

>Reading the novelization of The Force Awakens

This board used to be better.

If he's not evil enough to be a smith he shouldn't be the fucking main antagonist.

Fuck

he's not the main antagonist retard

>paying attention to the movie is autistic

wew

Who is it? Fucking "I'm not CGI Palpatine" Snoke?

>wants to humanize himself... he wants to pway nicey wicey for the widdle girly girl...

Useless plot device that should have been sacrificed to greater benefit later in the film... but you have Jew faggots AND feminazis writing this shit so it's to be expected

>main antagonist.

He is fucking not.

are you stupid? SNOKE is the main antagonist.

>novelization

I'll pretend you didn't mention that.

Thank you!

Enlighten me on who the main antagonist is then?

you don't have to like it but that's pretty much exactly what that scene was about. i was almost pissed about how gentle he was with her, didn't seem like a proper villain to me.

if the poster is any indication it's luke skywalker.

star wars poster rule #1: the biggest guy on the poster is the villian, no exceptions

>contriving your own purpose for a useless plot device is "paying attention"

WEW yourself

Not denying that was the reason... just saying it was useless to convey that as a relationship framing plot device... better tension and suspense could have been achieved without it..

I thought he was great as a character. Not everyone has to be the Supreme Evil Dark Lord. He was just some asshole kid with force powers. The kind of kid who tortures animals and shoots up a school.
It's refreshing to have a villain like that.

they need kylo to be soft so that his redemption arc makes sense.

Very good.

More characterization than most Star Wars villians. He had an interesting looking weapon (the hilt is dumb, but the wavy-effect of the lightsaber is a cool touch, displayed new powers never before seen in the movies.

He's no Vader or Palpatine in term of presence or menace, but he's considerably more complex than either.

This movie is also introducing a new bad guy played by Benicio Del Toro. Starting to feel like a villain overload.

That's because he's NOT a proper villain, he's a shitty emo baby that felt unloved by his family and went looking for acceptance in Snoke like a retard.

leaked pic of the real villian in the last jedi

A character being seduced by the light was one of the only smart elements of TFA. Kylo was literally terrified of ending up like Vader and betraying the quest for power out of sentiment. And yet, it's a fate he can't escape. He's just not the ruthlessly, evil asshole he wants to be.