Why don't you own a Rolex Sup Forums?

Why don't you own a Rolex Sup Forums?

>pic related
>my Sky Kang

Attached: RolexSkyKang.jpg (860x750, 136K)

Working towards buying a stainless datejust oyster, 5.7k ish

Attached: tripsahoy.jpg (1815x1058, 246K)

They are kind of lame. Might buy one if I were a millionaire, but even then it seems like a waste of money. No point unless you want to show off that you bought something expensive for no reason but to show off.

Attached: amatbj-1549182214237.jpg (2304x1728, 260K)

Thats a fake from Malaysia you pleb

lemme get this straight. An expensive pocket watch is totally passe and anachronistic, but a wrist watch is the bees knees even though they became totally useless around a generation ago. Do I have that about right?

Attached: 0041d6ea048ba6c1381816725ae9471e.jpg (600x800, 89K)

how so?

Use/wear what you want. Who gives a fuck. Of course if it just sits in a box instead of on your wrist or in your pocket then its useless.

I’m not a status obsessed retard. My phone tells the time, and I have a G-Shock for athletic purposes.

Attached: 35DFEF2B-9B11-4C52-AEE7-85E9D3407C43.jpg (828x1792, 121K)

even if its on my wrist or in my pocket it doesn't do anything that my phone doesn't do. why does anyone who isn't a total dbag want a phone and a watch?

SKYKING - YOU WERE TOLD NOT TO ANSWER.

Stale. Same as two days ago, this pic was ganked from a bunch of blogs.
Sage
Sage
Sage

Well, you're posting a photo of a fake that's all over the 'net.
But that aside, Seiko Kinetic SCUBA is a better watch for the most part. Runs for weeks on reserve power if I don't wear it every day, ±2s/month accuracy, very tough, and not obscenely expensive to replace if I somehow break it.
Also, GMT complications on watches are stupid. I trade multiple timezones, and I just set my watch to UTC and do the conversions in my head. It's simpler once you're dealing with two or more timezones.

That's a sky dweller and it looks fake af

Because that money is so much better off invested.

Because I'm not a goomba wop with hairy arms.

>looks fake af

how so?

Quit being a faggot OP. Yo post this thread everyday. Show a other pic of you wearing it. Is that a 38mm?

For one, the cyclops is all fucked up. That magnification is way off

Google search image for instant bullshit-athon.

>2020
>still spending ANY money on a bracelet that has a clock on it

jesus christ people that wear watches are fucking tools.

shill trips, noice

trollex's are trash, everyone has a fake for a dollar or two, you won't get anyone going oooh on your fake kopper kang
literally anything else is better

A watch is still useful when you're surfing or diving, or doing some activity where you may need to time something and glancing at your wrist is more practical than fumbling with a phone.
For actual jewellery I wear a bunch of gold rings. I used to wear a steel/chrome chain on one of my wrists, but not any more.

Paid $300 dollars on a seiko skx-009 pepsi years ago, it’s been my favorite watch. Tbh, I don’t care for Rolex. Don’t get me wrong, they’re amazing horologically speaking. But my holy grail is the grand seiko snowflake. I love watches for what they are, marvelous machines that keep the time. Not for status.

Attached: 4DE5C499-72ED-4775-A125-52B17305D6D6.jpg (3024x4032, 1.24M)

>2019
>wearing a watch
lol

This. I can find a badass watch that doesn't cost more than a new car

Grand Seiko are classy-looking watches. Is the Spring Drive calibre the one that uses a mainspring to drive an electrical generator and uses a quartz timekeeping element?

>2019
not owning a calendar for the current year

But how many professional divers are out there wearing a fucking Rolex while diving?

He forgot to wind it.

Legit.

Attached: 1A345022-EF25-45B6-B19E-884B3AAD250A.jpg (798x1252, 193K)

Ugly tbh

Poorfag

Air diving? Pretty much none – Seiko Kinetic SCUBA is a lot more popular. For helium diving, you don’t have as many choices, and they’re all expensive. The most popular ones are the Omega Seamaster, Rolex Seadweller and Seiko SCUBA Professional.

Kind of, the spring drive replaces the traditional escapement of a mechanical movement. It uses quartz to regulate the power of the mainspring the same way, but it doesn’t “beat” like an escapement. It’s an over simplification, but that’s the basic principle. It’s a mechanical movement with an electronically controlled escapement.

I prefer this style

Attached: 4chan_7f3565_5780009.jpg (480x640, 43K)

I prefer a working man's watch like a Seiko 5.
Good for most situations.
Rolex are good for two situations, and one of them is being robbed by the second situation.

Rolex watches are heavy as fuck and have no originality. I own 2 my grandfather gave me and waiting on a rainy day to sell them.

Needed more cowbell

Wait what's the second situation?

That's a nice ass watch.

This is my everyday style. But I have a blue textured leather band instead of the silver.

Attached: seiko choice.png (991x502, 780K)

Niggers?

Oh, interesting – it’s a true tickless movement, adjusting the load on the generator at the end of the gear train to control the speed.

I'm sure a lot of divers have a Rolex or another expensive "dive" watch, but they are decoration. Think of it the same way a soldier might have an M1 Garand. He might like to shoot it, but he's not taking the fucker to war.

>pic related
>my fap Kang

Attached: 700C14C0-F7DD-4242-B98E-06DE98CB35EF.jpg (1024x677, 80K)

Hahaha, this faggot is bragging to Sup Forums. That's sad.

Yeah bro, the secondhand has a continuous sweep. Reminds me of the accutron.

Why don't you own a Breguet?

I forgot to mention, rose gold is for women that can't grow arm hair.

>officially certified

because this is more useful

Attached: apws4.jpg (500x333, 24K)

iWatches are the thing to own now.

Is it?

Call it a "poor man's rolex" but my blue Tudor oyster prince date is classy and charming, not to mention understated, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a watch. Rolex is just too... noticeable.

Useful to who?

Sophisticated, yes. Elegant...yes. Expensive, yes. I forgot where I was going with this.

Too poor for a Rolex, but if I was rich, the last thing I'd buy is a Rolex

Rolex screams = "I have a tiny penis".

I have a stainless Sub but it's dogshit compared to my Panerai or my Franck Muller. Rolex make a decent watch but there is so much more out there.

The number of people who go in a pressurized bathysphere you can count on two hands. Helium valves are a gimmick.

Personally I think so. Don't get me wrong, I most
definitely see the beauty in a Rolex, but for me an
Apple Watch is much more useful in regards to
receiving and replying to notifications, as well as
the ease of customization with just one singular
unit because of all the watch face options. Smart
watches are just overall much more appealing to
me personally than a Rolex.

Whats an entry level rolex cost and how is it better than my Timex?

I think plastic is a fine material

Sure, but most complications are gimmicks.
GMT watches are a gimmick – it’s easier to just set your watch to UTC and do the conversion in your head one you’re dealing with two or more timezones.
The 10-minute countdown thing on the Rolex Yachtmaster is a pain in the arse to actually use – it’s just a cosmetic feature.
The Richard Mille “Oracle” (RM069) is possibly the most stupid complication ever. You’re not going to get pussy with that.
Beyond the dive ring, chronograph and tachymeter, complications are just excuses to raise the price.

Rolex isn’t the top of the line. In the watch world it’s like owning a corvette. It’s nice but nothing crazy. Brands like AP and Patek blow Rolex out of the water.

if you like rose gold you might like Corum

a rolex is just as fast as a timex
so it's only for the bling, which makes you a fag

buy something that has a use for you, not something you need to tell other LOOK OVER HERE ME RICH AS FUCK YOU POOR ASS BASTARD

Too bad you look down and it doesn't tell you the time.

Will a Timex last forever?
No, it sadly won't.
But for 30 bucks you can buy 300 of them.

Go Rado, avant garde and tough as nails

Yeah, that is one draw back, but the twist of the wrist that wakes up any of the series 4 and below
is a pretty natural movement to check time. And the series 5 fixes that issue with an always on
display. This is a genuine concern though, and don't discount you for having it, the only issue I
have with my Apple Watch is having to charge it.

Yeah, I was looking at the Samsung watches when they first came out.
I thought they looked neat. I've never been a fan of apple products.
But after I got a real watch, I just didn't have the same feeling of needing something like that.

I'm 40 years old.... I have a few watches, namely a Rolex Datejust (I've had it since I was 25) which I don't wear anymore, an Omega Seamaster which I pretty much wear daily - and most recently a 44mm Hublot Big Bang Chronograph.

I live in LA - so wearing the Rolex was a daily thing for like 5-10 years rotating with my Omega. I stopped wearing the Rolex cuz it was looking a little small as the trends changed. Plus, everybody I know has a Rolex and gets a little old.

The Seamaster is a good daily wearer, and isn't as common. Great quality, I wear it M-F to work.

On the weekends, I bring out the Hublot. Based on what people comment - the Hublot is the stunner for sure. Good size on my wrist, and it wears great with short sleeves and dress shirts.

Mine is still going fine, it’s currently losing time though, couple minutes behind. Conclusion, I’m a time traveler.

Have you, as a person, ever "looked down" on someone that was wearing a watch you didn't like?

Not really looked down, but since we live in LA - having a nice watch in our social circle is pretty much expected. I personally don't know anybody in the area who doesn't have a nice watch. Most of my friends are like me, and have more than 2 or 3.

I wouldn't look down on someone for not having a 'nice' watch, but if someone has a Timex, or a Casio or whatever - it's fine cuz it's what they enjoy. I just don't know anyone that owns one.

Casio's can be surprisingly nice.
A lot of variety there, and outlast Timex by almost 3 times. (Average Timex lasts 2 years)
The high end Casio's can last 10 years though.

Glad you don't look down on people. I honestly think people notice their own stuff more than anyone elses.

I actually had a high-end Giez Casio at one time, and had it imported from Japan (it was a JDM model)... I never wore it, but I owned it for 3-4 years before I sold it.

I also had a orange SKX Seiko but flipped that too... I think when having a higher end dive watch (Omega), I couldn't find myself to wear the Seiko.

I would like Tudor if their hour hand wasn't so retarded.