I'm depressed and I painted something, hope yall like it

I'm depressed and I painted something, hope yall like it

Attached: IMG_20200115_222802.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

this is utter shit. kys

How about more colors next time.

Ah man its coming

I'm not very good, I couldn't hink of anything else to add. Thanks for the input tho

Looks great! Keep working on your craft.

Dude, i needed that man thanks

i enjoy looking at abstract art but this one isnt doing it for me for some reason. I mean its alright i got a bit of tingling but it seems either too wan or the colors are too dense

Paint in layers. Do the background first and let dry before moving outward. Take your time.

It's not pleasing to the eye to see the raw canvas.

Mars black is very unforgiving. Try a mixture of dark blues, dark green and burn umber until it appears black.

Faggot.

Very shitty

Wow that is amazing. Where are you at? Can we meet up

I really appreciate the criticism and gonna take the advice, I wanted to throw in some dark purple to add some atmosphere but I kinda suck still

Cool I'm glad I know, I think I did it too fast since I was a little angry when I painted it

A true intellectual

Yeah dude let's meet right now! I'm where u are

I like the contrast but I fell it needs more substance
Great work user

Dude, thank you. It means more to me than you think

OP is gay and Canadian

Get depressed more and paint on my level

Attached: A5C9F801-05EE-4B78-8A71-A91447F75123.jpg (1678x2048, 977K)

Don’t be afraid of painting. Don’t be afraid of your feelings either. If your sadness caused you to create something, embrace it. Most people get depressed and they sink into their sheets. Also, don’t be afraid of paint. Explore all you need. The more you paint, the more you get acquainted with how the paint you’re using reacts to the canvas.

Kinda got a Francis Bacon vibe from the thumbnail.

I'm a huge art geek, if that means anything.

Attached: jewish-people-antisemitism-zionism-judaism-evil-judaism-thumb.jpg (310x310, 31K)

I think it's good, continue painting! If you still need practice with figurative drawings, you can still add more acrylic to get nice textures and intensity from it. Check how to use a knife to paint (not a kitchen knife), it's great to add texture to that kind of abstract paintings.

Paint your feelings and when it hurts, paint more. Get your rage on that canvas instead of yourself, you'll create great things.

Man I have no one to talk to and nothing to do and I get so frustrated and lonely sometimes. I've lost my girl, got a dui, no job, finally about to finish school. Sometimes man I dont know what to do and I do what I can to distract myself from thinking too much about it, lest I kill myself. Thanks man for ur words, I dont have anyone to go to that's why I'm here. I hope life is plentiful and smooth for you man.

I definitely fucking will after today. It's kind of my first painting but all the advice n help here seems so genuine man tha k you, feels more genuine than my real life friends tbh.

Beautiful, I have much to learn. It almost looks like a spine and heart in the center. It feels gothic but at the same time so original, you sir are an artist

I see someone giving head. Good job OP

Lol fr? In what way?

Look man, life is hard no matter what but at least you get to find out by yourself. After death, who the fuck knows? Take it from me, life doesn’t end with a breakup or a DUI or being broke. It’s just a rough patch that you can choose to rise above from. But as long as you’re alive you have a chance to improve it. I get that pressure can be crippling, but I can guarantee you that in this world there have been people with less talent and opportunities than you that somehow managed to make it work. I’m 31 now and I’ve yet to figure it out but one thing I can swear to you is that I’m not letting my depression decide for me. Make your own decision and look for your own value within yourself. Take your time. Shit gets better. If painting makes you feel better then dive right into it and saturate your mind with it. Before you know it you could surpass your expectations and the things that are troubling you now could be fragments of memories that you can look back and be thankful for. Keep painting and fuck that negativity

Ha!

Colors are fine. You just need a bit of practice with your brush stokes. Soften it a bit.
Looks compelling enough though.

Preach my dude! I got rid of all my shit, became what you call a “minimalist” now I work to live, I don’t live to work. I travel often and get to live life on my terms. Got a semi-decent podcast that’s doing alright on Stitcher. Life still sucks sometimes but it gets better.

Like this:

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 12.50.57 AM.png (915x746, 651K)

Atmosphere to what? What is this supposed to look like? What are you painting

hmmmm so tell me about your relationship with your mother?

Now that's what I call collaborative art.
What a team.

but it could either be someone sucking off a guy or someone licking off a girl. I drew it ambiguously.

I like your original painting a lot. It's got great abstract shapes that are making a sicko like me see these things. Bold shapes like this make for more interesting work.

Keep it up

A tree and a rock in a burning sun

God dammit, you took my trash and made it treasure.

I love this thread.

Definitely will but I painted it with my fingers actually lol

Great art is a conversation between the artist and the viewer

Why is it supposed to look like anything.
You seem to have a very sterile view of things.

Well, this just gets better.

Well it was supposed to be hell, the orange thing is like a huge cliff and the cross things are people about to fall off

viewer: fuck off this is trash

It looks like "Dignity"

Put it on ebay and post the link.

Ahhhh idk about all that yet

Ur right tbh, I know I'm not the only one who's been here but it helps to at least hear some kind words, thanks bro really

I never said it was supposed to look like something but OP said he wanted to add atmosphere meaning its a painting of some sort of setting or place.
Also, painting IS a visual medium so it has to look like “something”

Congrats you drew a cliff that falls to your endless abyss

do you make money off of your art? this is good.

LMAO

The colors remind me of things. I can dig it.

Thanks brotha