Why does Sup Forums hate A Clockwork Orange? It's always listed as the worst Kubrick film here

Why does Sup Forums hate A Clockwork Orange? It's always listed as the worst Kubrick film here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nmlb_7g8SfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums, and Sup Forums more broadly, hates anything that could potentially be deemed as "edgy" because of how painfully aware they are of their own immaturity and have a constant drive to mask it wherever possible.

worst kubrick still means 10/10

>spartacus 10/10
in what fucking universe, bro?

At least it's better than the book.

or people just have different opinions. Calm your titties reddito

bcos all the closet redditors claim it to be reddit in an attempt to distance themselves from their own true reddit nature.

Watered down shit compared to the book . Overrated as fuck

its a stupid movie based on an even dumber book

It was probably everyone's gateway auteur film, and everyone's ashamed to admit it because "having things in common with everyone makes you a pleb".

It sucked the one and only time I saw it

kubrick only directed that one. it's a kirk douglas driven project.
kubrick was brought in after filming had actually started cos the first choice director was fired by douglas.
try learning about films pls m8.

>i was responding to "worst kubrick still means 10/10
>i was not responding to "worst all-round kubrick project that he worked on from the very beginning still means 10/10
contain you fucking autism, bitch

In what way is it watered down?

>you fucking autism
nope
:^)

Idk, I loved this, but hated 2001: A Space Odyssey.

2001 is garbage.

Definitely the movie I like the least from Kubrick. It isn't that good anyway, why defend it?
*your

TRY THE WINE.

Why is that wine so brightly colored wtf

2001 isn't garbage but better pacing would help

The Shining is Kubrick's worst.

The best Kubrick i've seen is Dr Strangelove.
I haven't seen Eyes Wide Shut and Barry Lindon but everything else was alright (Full Metal Jacket, Shining) or bad (2001, A Clockwork Orange, etc ...)

Because it took 80 takes to film that scene.

You will like them both.
What did you think of Path of Glory?

first post TRUE post

>2001
>Bad
You got filtered out son

Malcolm McDowell was the perfect choice for alex and it overall remained pretty true to the book. It still makes me feel strange every time I watch it, the scene where alex jumps out the window because of beloved Ludwig Van is genuinely freaky and the whole movie is definitely an experience.

Not everything has to be (((kino))) to be enjoyed you fucking plebs

Better pacing, and I don't know what else.
There's so many unnecessary scenes and scenes that go on for too long, but even with cuts, I don't think I would've liked it.
It's a somewhat interesting story executed in a boring pretentious way.

He did nothing wrong

I feel sorry for Malcolm, he should be up there with Al Pacino or De Niro, he's fucking perfect in everything and was in numerous kinos, but then his roles got shittier and shittier

fucking Caligula shouldn't have to be in Home Alone 5 and every other shitty B and C movie

For what purpose

I also didn't like it at first, but then I was discussing it with my friend, rewatched it together and I found it pretty good, albeit bit too long sometimes

howewer try 2010, it's sequel to 2001 and much more classic sci fi, I think you'd like it

not from Kubrick though

He killed Captain Kirk with a bridge.

>Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Doobie
this movie just came out today.

youtube.com/watch?v=nmlb_7g8SfM

>tfw Malcolm McDowell was in The Annoying Orange tv show and a direct to DVD Tom and Jerry movie.

I've been told to watch 2010 before, I'll get to it when I can.
And maybe I should rewatch 2001 too, if I didn't delete it.

Sorry, as a Kubrick fan, the worst Kubrick is Eyes Wide Shut. In addition to its exploring stunted adolescent sexuality, which most men grow out of at 17, it also was final proof that Kubrick was addicted to masturbation.

A Clockwork Orange was marvelous. Not Kubrick's best, but a great film all the same.

Who drinks milk with heroin in it? That probably tastes awful.

heroin wouldn't make you rape and beat people, it was probably mescaline or something like that

its his worst but no kubrick film is bad. his works range from 8/10 to 10/10

That's ridiculous.

Because it's an abhorrent and boring movie.

>mfw fa/tv/irgins don't like based Clockwork Orange

Because the underage brainlet plebs have only seen it on a small screen where it is actually the most purely cinematic of his films, I've never seen a bigger difference in a film being shown in a theatre.

I think we all know what Kubrick's best film is.

fite me irl.
EWS is a masterpiece and works on so many levels. It exploring the primal sexual instinct or how you call it "stunted adolescent sexuality" is a monolith for depicting human confusion regarding monogamy vs. sexual urges.
What I love especially is that the whole movie is a parable for the romanticized view of the sexual act itself, denying Tom Cruise and therefore the viewer the climax of every scene until the very end, where it still denies us the carnal pleasure.

It's better than Full Metal Jacket, Lolita, and Spartacus.

I'm still not 100% sure which I think is his best but this is definitely up there with the contenders.

Kool-aid wine.

Clockwork orange > the shining

I've tried watching it twice and I could never get into it.

Mahaaaaaaa the french champagne...

>user is one person.

>it overall remained pretty true to the book

Aside from the ludovico technique just being a political scam Alex goes along with for his freedom, which is massively different from the book.

>overall

>2001
>better pacing

lmfao little autist kiddy

It completely undercuts the themes of the source material. I'd say that's enough to say it widely differs.