Redpill me on preseason baseball

Redpill me on preseason baseball.

Pure autism.

it's shit, regulars play first 3 innings. no name rookies who have no chance of making the team. circle jerking and handing out autographs are more important than the game

It's a meaningless moneygrab.

Isn't this true for every sports preseason? Pretty autistic imo that professional athletes need a week or 2 to warm up as if theyve been doing cocaine and hookers the whole off season

of course its the same but basketball and football don't make it some big romantic thing like oh the boys of summer are back inn Florida lets go watch them fuck around for the next two months

Each team plays 162 games. Then the regular season starts

best post itt

Idk about every other sport but I know it’s great in hockey because you have a bunch of prospects and plugs busting their ass off like it’s the Stanley cup final for a spot on the pro roster.

Well, of all the major sports in the US baseball's farm system makes it more likely that the noboday you watchin in a preseason game actually makes it on the roster at some point.

A good way to learn about newly acquired talent and to test out youth players from the development program

All the MLB teams relocate to either Florida or Arizona and play out of their complexes there.

it's mainly for the pitchers, because they're babbies and they need like half a year to get stretched out
the hitters could probably start playing with a week of spring training

Is "hitter" an actual position in Baseball? I know that Altuve is a hitter, but in Wikipedia says that he is a second baseman.

hitter means everyone that isn't a pitcher

But pitchers can be hitters too.

You're either a hitter/position player, or a pitcher. Pitchers also field the ball and sometimes hit, but it doesn't matter for the designations.

Their main job is to pitch, not hit. American League pitchers don't hit.

Baseball is actually an intense physically demanding sport. You don't come out day one throwing 100 mph and hitting 500ft monster jacks. Gotta get the ol arm warmed up.

Preseason training to finalize the rosters and get players into shape.

Always held in warm weather areas like Arizona or Florida. Some people plan vacations around it.

There's a lot of shit weather in the first part of the regular season in the majority of the teams cities. So instead of practicing indoors, teams either go to Arizona or Florida to essentially have glorified practice aka games. Since the season is 162 games long once it begins, most stars play only a few innings and young prospects or bubble players get a chance to play. It's good for die hard fans but that's about it.

>Be diehard

You don't pay a pitcher to hit. If a good pitcher can avoid embarrassing themselves at the plate then you consider yourself lucky.

lasts way too long, i don't know why preseason goes from spring to the end of september, other than to let all the teams play

borefest as all fuck just like regular season baseball