Horror Movie General - /horror/

Discuss horror television and film

What was the last horror movie you saw? Would you recommend it?

>What was the last horror movie you saw?
The Lazarus Effect
>Would you recommend it?
Nope. It's complete shit, and not even in a funny way. It's just boring as fuck.

Conjuring 2, it was okay

Ouija 2. Slow first half, solid second half. The reason I just got around to it is because the original sucked.

I watched Dark Tapes (2017) a few days ago and honestly it's probably the WORST movie I've watched in the past 10 years. It's literally Youtube acting, it's that bad. I watched around 60 minutes and just couldn't take any more.

Avoid at ALL costs, or, watch it to see how bad it is.

I guess it's not explicitly horror but I just watched the Face of Another, it's extremely psychological

Sucked.
Kino.

the wailing
>would highly, highly recommend

Watched this a couple days ago, and it's an interesting take on a less popular subgenre of horror. I'd recommend it

I also watched Open Grave, which was an interesting premise held back by horrible acting and boring characters

That chick does Fitbit ads now

The Autopsy of Jane Doe.
8/10. Wasn't even sure if it was a horror movie at first, which made have helped me like it more. Plot was really interesting, although a tad predictable at times. As someone who isn't spooked too easily, there was quite a few things that really got to me in this movie. Worth watching once or twice.

>8/10.
is this a joke?

Rings

>Would you recommend it?

Fuck no, if this did not kill the franchise nothing will

>What was the last horror movie you saw? Would you recommend it?
The Bay. It's a found-footage horror that doesn't do shaky cam. If you enjoy stories about infections, parasites, conspiracy theories, and government coverups I'd give it a watch. It won't change your religion, but it's a fun horror flick.

Wilderness

Maybe, only to someone who really likes that type of movie though. Not bad by any means, but very straightforward in execution

Shit, meant to toss the pic up there as well. Here it is.

Watched Autopsy of Jane Doe and the Void recently and thought both were pretty good as far as horror movies go

>The Autopsy of Jane Doe. 8/10.

LOL what ?

It was a pretty good build up, but when the action actually started it all fell apart as there was nothing even remotely original or interesting from there on.

saw this in theaters and paid to see it
:/

not a bad popcorn brainless horror movie

same as above

pretty good but a little too much obnoxious crying; to be expected from a korean movie

pretty good

currently watching.
can confirm it's garbage

Everyone knows horror reached perfection between 60s and 70s in Italy

i see the comfy bros are out tonight

The Monster
>Would you recommend it?
Nope. I watched it because this poster looked neat but it was kind of disappointing. I got the monster and the screaming girl I wanted but it was pretty hollow. The monster was kind of dumb too.

I don't watch anime but I watched this because a friend recommended it
Spooked the hell out of me

I hate horror movies with drama influences, so this movie was awful for me, but drama movies with horror influences are the new wave

pic related

Drag Me to Hell

Would you recommend it?
Yes, but it's more comedy-horror than a scary movie

The Void
>Would you recommend it?
Yes, for the shots of space alone. They really hit home the emptiness and vastness of the cosmos.

Other horror movies recently that were good:
The Autopsy of Jane Doe

If you have a PS4 play Until Dawn.

I have a bad habit of watching horror movies again and again to the point where they bore me and I can no longer recommend them.

About to watch this now, high hopes