Penguins @ Canes Gamethread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EgX-d2YKHtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I feel like this will be a good one lads
also Staal aint playing

canes desu

>All these teams making moves while we recall Pooris

Pens havent been doing well against the canes this season and they look ok, im a bit nervous but LETS GO PENS

Inb4 Staal traded for draft picks.

Canes desu

Fuck you thats not funny

>honk honk honk
LET'S
GO
'CANES

lol literally more pens fans there than canes

>21 Pilots
fuck the relocanes

Pittsburgh looking bit rusty

You mean to tell me that the team that's one 2 Stanley Cups in a row has a bigger bandwagon than that of a team that has missed the playoffs for 9 years?
Wow.

DJ Mista Illz back at it again...

The 'Canes look fast and sharp.

lots of misplays by both teams, I think its bc of the time off

Why do Carolina residents bandwagon Pittsburgh teams so much? Had a friend go the UNC and there's literally a bigger Steelers presence down there than Panthers. Guess the same is happening for the Penguins. baka desu

their teams are all new and everyone was pittsburgh fans from before their expansion teams

'Canes don't look aggressive enough on defense.
I hate to admit that Faulk was the only one taking charge and trying to actually wrestle the puck away instead of waiting for them to shoot.

Thought it had something to do with Bill Cowher being from one of the Carolinas and being the former Steelers coach.

when the steel mills left so did a bunch of Pittsburghers, a lot of them settled in the Carolinas and it grew from there.

>'Canes commentators just talking about how important it is to read books in school
These fucking memesters.

Comfy goal

Cowher's from Pittsburgh. I just looked and saw he went to NC State though. I always associated him with Cleveland after Pittsburgh.

jesus fucking christ what is this defence

God that defense was abysmal.

>defensive coverage breaks down again
I swear I've seen this one before.

Comfy digits

Nice job

Ahh my bad. I knew he had something to do with the Carolinas.

Quiz: Without looking it up, who was the last Cane not named Aho or Skinner to score and when?

I actually know a dude who dated one of his daughters years back. Took her to the prom and everything. For one of his birthdays she got him a football signed by the entire Steelers roster and staff that year. I think he sells pot now.

please hit the fucking net when you have 2 seconds to aim in peace

almost
youtube.com/watch?v=EgX-d2YKHtk

Weather and jobs more beneficial down that way so it's not a big move for people from here

Their loss when Pittsburgh gets Amazon HQ2 while Carolinas continue to get pummeled by increasing hurricanes.

The Carolina Hurricanes have been our most successful team.
Think about that for a second.

Are the penguins getting brassard or what?

maybe

Don't know exactly what the hangup was but yeah it'll probably happen.

holy olli

is this a comfy game?

Selling is fun xD

heck yeah

>Turbo did a thing
wew

TURBO

>McPing

BILL

BILL ALERT

Always a good day when Kes scores. Remember when nhl experts said he'd be a distraction and wouldn't be motivated this year? Lol

>Ward didn't see that pass coming a mile away
APPLY YOURSELF

wait
what

Who can stop Bill?

Jesus if the Pens complete the Brassard deal they're literally unstoppable

Bills on a fuckin hat trick. Hell yes

What is the ideal city in the USA, why do you hate the 4 big professional leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL) and only like MLS (major league soccer) and only like soccer?

To be fair they said that when they acquired iginla and went the month of March without losing a game only to be swept in the conference final

Scratch Faulk. I'm done with this fucker.

>Bylsma

True but desu Disco Dan had no idea what he was doing with those trade deadline pickups.

I always liked him but I couldn't argue about him getting let go. To think he ended up in buffalel

Can't wait until Francis responds to this by trading away players and taking on bad contracts for picks.

>Pittsburgh sending Ryan Reaves to Vegas
lol

Oh shi-
I knew there was more to the Brassard thing than just come cap numbers when they described it as "complicated"

> 4 on 2
> Can't score
Tear it down

Well now they'll be really fuckin thin on defense. Whose gonna fill in for him and Cole?

>Penguins lose a 1st round pick, Cole, Reaves, and a 4th round pick all for a rental
Can't wait till Pong fans realize how reckless Rutherford is.

Is it E V E R not "one pass too many" for the fucking 'Canes?

What?

*threepeats your path*

he's under contract next year kiddo

We won without Letang last year, and he's been better lately. We will be fine.

have you ever watched a penguins game

>W E
>E

>Reaves
>defense
u wot?

What position does Reaves play?

I mean...it's two players in one position that's the weakest on the team. You can't keep putting kids in there surely

have you ever watched a penguins game

>/Lifelong/ since January 2018

I...I didn't claim to be...be a penguins...fan...though?

you also don't watch hockey you can't skate fat fuck

I am overweight, yes.

reaves is a winger

Reaves is a winger, not a dman. He would literally never suit up for the Pens in the playoffs over Rowney.

>OTT acquires G Filip Gustavsson, D Ian Cole, a 2018 first-round draft pick and a 2019 third-round draft choice from PIT as part of three-team trade with VGK. As part of deal, Derick Brassard, Vincent Dunn and OTT third-round pick in 2018 goes to PIT.

>I believe there were four separate transactions involving VGK, PIT and OTT. VGK sent Brassard to PIT for Reaves and 4th-round pick. VGK also sent minor league player Tobias Lindberg to PIT for an as yet unspecified draft pick.

Picture version for visual learners

> Vegas is also retaining 40% of Brassard's salary this season.

holy shit

SCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR

That looks like a kick?

That's the kickiest kick I've seen in a long fucking time.

Jim Rutherford is a wizard

His amazing contract with Semin that we're still paying for.