What are Sup Forums's thoughts on James Randi?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on James Randi?

Gay atheist. Sup Forums would behead him given the opportunity.

>let's behead anybody who doesn't blindly believe in unobservable supernatural phenomena
Sup Forums, ladies and gentlemen

Epic takedowns? Check
No time for phony gods? Check
One of the biggest brains alive right now? Check
Not ashamed of who he is? Check

Achievement unlocked.

self proclaimed skeptics are the most authoritarian cock suckers that exist

Probably best magician of all time.

Literal fedora fag.

>Anyone who doesn't join in my self-serving reddit circle jerk is frm Sup Forums.

>can't make it as a magician or priest
>decide to ruin the game for everyone else
>still don't achieve fame or recognition
sad sack

I'm fairly convinced that most of the people he has to deal with are sociopaths. Watching his takedowns is a lot like watching veterans confront stolen valor fucks.

>Anyone who doesn't join in my self-serving reddit circle jerk is an atheist

fixed that for you

Pedo magician. Make little boys' pants disappear

>says randi doesn't have fame or recognition
>randi takedown clips on youtube have millions of views
>randi his own documentary
>randi his own (lengthy) wikipedia page
>Sup Forums thread on randi is actively getting replies

wew lads

>reddit
>not a fedora fag hive

>>randi his own (lengthy) wikipedia page

This is how I know you're rsing.

more like james randy

Here's a good trick: let's see this thread get to bump limit.

I won't even sage this post. Go on, demonstrate Randi's "popularity".

>refuse to go to a haunted house.

Wow that man is so atheist.

I don't know or care who he is but he's probably a cuck somehow.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxEJHO8KIXY
Based Randi disproving the bible.

Wise

What a coincidence, i've been watching Randi videos on jewtoob the last few hours.

Love him.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

it's been proven that Sup Forums was taken over by jews and mexicans long ago

>mfw that one guy on that one short series he did years ago could have actually won the prize if they were doing the contest like that

I still want to know what the fuck happened there. Did he cheat? Did he just so happen to recognize the area?

One of the only 'new atheists' who aren't overly-preachy.

Well, he is a leaf, so he is cucked to a certain degree.
Still, you can't get enough of watching hucksters and frauds get humiliated on live TV.

Which guy?

>non-archeologist talking about archeology
>unironically promoting christ myth fringe theories

Literally creationist-tier

An Honest Liar was pretty interesting.
I like his whole shtick

Back when Randy did a show on British TV there was a guy who used a douser or something like that. Basically he asked the guy to locate two objects of importance that were on a map from real-life. It was a really big map, but it only showed a small portion of Britain. Something a couple dozen kilometers.

Somehow the guy found both locations, and Randy had said that his ability to do this (prior to him having done it) were less than 1/100,000, effectively nullifying random chance.

Also, my theory on this is that the guy was told the location by the Producers. Probably for ratings reasons. Because up until that point in the series, Randy was just blowing every guy and gal they had on the fuck out. My guess is that they wanted someone to prevail, in order to show that maybe magic did exist, or some shit. What I do know though, is that after this aired Randy never talked about it.

This doctoring happens all the time on magic shows. All those street magic shows only show the best takes, so everything looks amazing on screen.
Obviously they discard the ones, and there are a lot, where someone guesses the trick, sees the wires, doesn't look very enthusiastic etc.

>Somehow the guy found both locations, and Randy had said that his ability to do this (prior to him having done it) were less than 1/100,000, effectively nullifying random chance.

Well, technically, Randi is right.
And considering the nature of TV these days, it's entirely reasonable to believe that producers had a hand in the outcome of that one episode. They only stood to gain from trying to destroy Randi's credibility.
Randi's entire personal philosophy was all about dispersing smoke and mirrors, and TV today is all about creating and perpetuating smoke and mirrors. There was no way an ideological truth-seeker like him was ever going to have lasting career in television to the current year.

Consider that big guys on TV today are lying schmucks and sociopathic propagandists like Trevor Noah, John Oliver, and Stephen Colbert.

Things have changed a lot in less than 30 years.

Hes worth it for his homeopathic medicine takedowns

An actual sorcerer, attempting to delegitimize and hunt down others to take their power, Quickening-style.

>Sup Forums acting like it isn't ruining the rest of Sup Forums
well played

He doesn't believe in magic Jebus and that means he probably wears a fedora and people who wear fedoras get made fun of on the internet so I don't like him because I don't want anyone to make fun of me.

The premise of the show was to decimate the con artists and fakes that came on. Not to try and make magic look real. Things like tarot card reading, mind reading, astrology, psychic surgery, etc. Pure nonsense.

Literally who? This doesn't seem like television or film.

is it arrogant to think you can force lying /x/ addicts to admit that they're bullshitting? then he's arrogant.

> offers $10,000 for any telepath to prove they can read minds
> nobody tries to claim it
> /thread

James Randi is a cool guy but his era was really the seventies and early eighties when paranormal phenomena were en vogue and people like Uri Geller were household names. When universities funded parapsychological studies (see: Ghostbusters) and people made big money out of UFO stories, ESP, telepathy experiments, that kind of thing. Fascinating period of history - probably something to do with the Cold War mixed with emerging materialism - people wanted to believe in psi powers to get the edge over the Commies.

Anyway, that era is over now. The 21st century is very cynical - I think actually "post-materialist" - and the only people who believe in goofy shit like dowsing and faith healing are 3rd worlders and marginalised retards in developed nations.

Where James Randi's work is really needed is shitholes like central Africa, where people still legitimately believe in witchcraft and hammer nails into children's skulls to banish the demons. Or India, where (as per the meme) villagers refuse to shit in toilets because they think they're home to bad spirits.

Randy refuse to go to a haunted house alone.

He's weak

Source?

That must mean some small part of him still believes. I wouldn't have any qualms about going inside a haunted house.

No source, idiots. Maybe check if something really happened before forming opinions about why it happened... In fact this is probably one of James Randi's most important messages...

You type like a woman.

You sound like a cunt.

Its funny how atheism was the contrarian thing to do a few years ago and now its Christianity, whats next? Buddhism?

At least a cunt has uses. Unlike a woman.

No, too complex.

Right now the true contrarians are gnostics over on /lit/ and /his/.

DESU, it will probably go right back to atheism is 5 years once this latest batch of kids figures out that going to church is boring and actually won't help them find a gf since they are autistic.

I just finished watching James Randi exposing some other hick & last night is when I begin watching them.

Are you watching my history op?