How do Americans feel about Canadians flying confederate flags?

Southerners opinions more valuable.

Serious question, I see them being sold at fairs and people have them as front license plates.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EIWINsaEpnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

w...why?

The same way I feel about Americans flying them:

Fucking stupid.

Fag

I assume it's a symbol of being a redneck,country folk type person. Real pretty flag if you ask me

It's transformed into "I'm tired of all these fucking brown people" flag.

Don't give a shit unless your some ironic hipster.

Good for them, I guess. I live in the south and confederate flags keep getting rarer. Pretty much only in the countryside now at all.

I used to not give a shit

But now seeing how triggered retards get about it I want the confederate flag mandatory in every government building.

Also Nikki Haley sold out SC on the issue just to pander to other states and make herself look good as Jeb's running mate. Now that Trump owns the GOP I hope he ousts the seditious bitch for betraying her state.z

why would you i just dont understand

>Kentucky here

Bretty gud but I wish people would use the actual Confederate flag.

You have no idea how much that saddens me...

But them again, most of cities have experienced white flight and are nigger filled slums and we both know how nogs feels about that flag

Why would a Canadian fly a confederate flag? Unless there's a high population of people from the Southern U.S or descended from those types of people there it seems unreasonable. I'm not saying they "shouldn't be allowed" to, but they should just get/use their own flag.
Sounds like it could be legit if they're really into country music, or appreciate southern culture. Kinda sounds like a dumb weeaboo except for the south.

Not an argument.

As someone in North Carolina, the only people flying these flags are the extremely uneducated ones who are either rich high school/college kids who's parents bought them a truck to which they attach these flags to, or some hick working at Burger King living paycheck to paycheck off of welfare.

I live in Quebec, I only see them when I travel to the rural parts

I've got no real problems with it, so long as they respect it.
They should come up with their own symbols however

look everyone its a fucking yankee.

if you want to fly it. fly that shit, family.

Virginian here. It's more about triggering the lefties, honestly. Fucking self-righteous cucks, know-nothing know-it-alls.

Southern Virginian here. I'm fine with really anyone flying it. It's a beautiful flag that stood for beautiful things. I do have to wonder why a Canadian of all people would fly it, but I have no reason to want to stop you.

You might get shit from other Canadians unless you live in an uncucked province though.

To be fair I see Canadian/fleur de lis flags (I live in Quebec) WAAY more than I see confederate flags

Southerner and Appalachian here

I don't mind if they're white. Really it's a rural thing. Rural yankees and rural southerners are a lot alike.

Urban and suburban southerners are basically the same as urban and suburban northerners

Those people are based. I bet they listen to Corb Lund. youtube.com/watch?v=EIWINsaEpnw

yup, this

right up there with bright hair dye and open carry

>He directly responds to the question asked by the OP
>"not an argument"

Please lurk more before you continue to regurgitate the memes you see on this board.

I like the flag, but I'm not a southerner so I have no connection to it. If I moved down there I'd fly it.

A leaf? Doesn't make much sense senpai

I don't care.

t. bamafag

>appreciate southern culture.
Well I guess I know what flag I'm flying when I move out of the city

I have no problem with it, and neither do most people I know, even people who aren't white, but then again, I live in Texas.

I've only seen uber-leftists take issue with it.

Don't care.

Think you're a redneck who can't point his own country on a map.

>Georgia here.

we do, even in the ((((current year))))

Have you never met canadian rednecks? Had one as a friend who would come to Virginia and work. He was more southern than a lot of fags here

Its just the usa flag with less stuff and more fagatronic

I think you and your Yankee cousins like you are all shitlib nihilists, so that's fine.

I have ancestors who settled in Georgia in the 17th century. I was born and raised in the south.

I don't care if Canadians want to fly the rebel flag

I think it's awesome. It's easier to find a confederate flag up in Canada compared to Minnesota. Vietnam also has tons of confederate flags for some reason.

Thanks for the input everyone :^)

You'll still be a dumb Dixieboo

>2013
Who cares, the south is meh anyway
>2016
Every white man should fly this flag just to trigger the fuck out of the BLM apes and their leftist handlers.

we chuckle at most things Canadians do.. you;re just really awkward , backward people ..

I live in New York State.
I'm fine with anyone flying it.
After doing quite a bit of research into the American Civil War, I'd say the CSA was ultimately more in right. But there were problems with both sides.

The greatest tragedy however, was Lincoln's assassination after the fact. That fucked everyone.

i'm kind of flattered there are Canadians who like the south so much

We have the same rural culture up here bro. Just without the southern drawl.

Why the fuck does Canada copy almost everything from us
Jesus they can't even come up with their own rebel flag they have to use ours

Come up with your own shit

Georgia born and raised.

You are allowed to fly it, and when the South rises again - you will be considered an ally.

Canadians and Americans histories are intertwined. This isn't like being a weeaboo or a slavaboo. The same blood flows through our veins.

Allahu Akbar

Yeah but Canadians act like they're a separate country with a separate culture but just pull shit like this all the time

Why don't they actually contribute to north American culture instead of just taking everything we spew out

oh i want one then

not all leafs are like that, bro

>Yeah but Canadians act like they're a separate country with a separate culture but just pull shit like this all the time
Protip: those aren't the same canadians

:^)

Because they don't have a culture?

I gotta love the retards here wearing baseball caps indoors or in the winter... WE DON'T WATCH/PLAY BASEBALL.

Canada is nothing but wilderness. Which is great in a way.

They're flying the flag of a rebel movement they have no real connection to

For what actual purpose

That would make me laugh so hard if I was black and someone drew me like that. It's too funny.

Don't really care. The stars and bars at this point signal little more than white trash.

Still, fuck yanks though.

t. Texan

You just described North Carolina as a whole minus the triangle

STARS AND BARS!

I love when retards call the southern cross flag the "stars and bars"

To make libfags mad when I roar by in a 2500

To be honest it is odd that you guys are flying the flag of my ancestors but I don't really take issue with it since it pisses the liberals off.

Do you not care that the flag your ancestors fought for is being used by a people that have no real connection to it and use it as a novelty?

I'm a spic that is only Mexican if you get it out of me and I tell you I am, light skinned as fuck.
First generation (not anchor), country music is all I know along with cowboy culture.
Obviously none of my ancestors fought in the civil war but I'd like to fly the Confederate flag out of spite for faggots banning it and because I like what it actually stood for and not "muh racist" bullshit people think it means.

Didn't realize I didn't get everything I wanted to say out.
I want to fly it but I feel like I don't rate.
I salute that bitch or at least give it a nod anytime I see it though.

>a foreign country finally recognizing the Confederate States of America

Well, better late than never, I guess.

How do EU feel about flying this flag?

I like seeing people outside the South flying our flag.
Eat a dick yankeeboy!
>Kentucky
>Southern
Make up your mind son, are y'all gonna secede or not?
>Actual Confederate flag
I fly this one here.
>Pic

I love the flag and I have a few. Anybody who flies one is a friend of mine.

t. Louisiana

Couldn't get the pic to attach

Let em do it roll tide

To be honest I would be bothered more if it weren't for the fact that liberals would make it so that it is never flown or seen again. If it is out there and isn't being used in a directly disrespectful manner I don't mind and I think most southerners won't either.

>pic related
I'm an active duty Marine and I still fly it my barracks room. No problems through all the inspections surprisingly enough.

I fly this one all the time and people cannot tell the difference between that and the Betsy Ross flag

Excellent post and nice flag man!
I appreciate your service!

Who cares what the liberals think, you can still fly it
Meanwhile you have Canadians disrespecting those who fought for the confederacy by turning a flag into nothing more than a cheap novelty that means nothing to them but cheap beer and acting rural

Texas, thought it weird watching trailer park boys and seeing ray fly the flag, don't really give a shit what people do, it's kinda a southern mentality long as it doesn't stop us from doin whatever( some people don't consider texas the south but whatever we were in confederacy)

I have ancestors that fought and died in every single American war. Am I supposed to be in a rage over the mistreatment the American flag constantly gets as well?

I could spend all my free time furious over someone flying a flag that was never even an actual Confederate flag. Instead I prefer to be happy that people at least still think of my ancestors and what they did fondly.

Most of my fellow Americans and even some other southerners hate that flag. I won't complain if anyone does anything to help keep my ancestors memory alive.

If it makes you mad that they are flying that stretched version of the Army of Northern Virginia's battle flag (could also be considered a Confederate Naval Jack with the colors altered slight) then be angry I guess.You are entitled to your opinion on the issue.

I wish we could go back to the old days
>mfw I graduate

Because the US flag represents a nation, the battle flag represents an idea that has expanded since the end of that war

Flying it in this context is just disrespectful, the OP is asking if we're ok with it, seems like you are but personally I'm not
Not like I can do anything

I understand your sentiment brother. It is just that like you said nothing we can do about it. Besides many people that fly any Confederate flag these days have no idea if they actually had ancestors that fought for the confederacy.
They couldn't on average tell you the names of their ancestors and relatives who fought if they actually have any.
So in my mind it is no worse than other southerners who have no idea of their own history flying it.

I on the other hand can tell you all of my direct ancestors and many of my relatives who fought and what units they served with.
If I was to say people who can't prove their ancestors served can't fly it how many 'southerners' would have to stop flying it as well?

You're right, but I still think that southerners have that right because at least they're tied to the flag either by culture or blood

People from outside the country fly the flag the same way we dress up for Halloween, it's just a game to them and means absolutely nothing, except this time they're using a symbol that actually holds weight
They don't care about what it means, they just think it looks cool

C'est ou que t'as vu ça?

I have a flag because my ancestor fought for the Confederacy. Seeing the flag north of the Mason-Dixon line weirds me out. I don't understand why you would want one if it's not part of your family history.

missouri here
don't give a fuck

looks trashy/stereotypical if it's on a truck though

I have to concede that I would ultimately prefer that only we fly any Confederate colors. There is just no way to stop others from doing it.

I did enjoy having a civil discussion with you.

They are welcome to join the Confederacy, BUT they must prove themselves by eating such Southern staples as grits, collards and spoonbread. WE will not eat poutine, but they may continue to do so, and we will pledge to continue to put maple syrup on waffles and pancakes albeit NOT EXCLUSIVELY and will consider it just one option of a range of acceptable choices, albeit a preferable one. In exchange for our pledge they will agree to a military alliance against the Union and to kicking the fucking Jews out of our mutual territories. Leafs, please respond to this agreement with your mark as your bond.

The fact of whether or not ancestors fought should be irrelevant, if we go that far people who immigrate here shouldnt be allowed to fly a flag, even if they love the idea of America, people fly the flag for the idea and principles behind it, people flying a flag solely based on muh ancestors to me is kinda dumb, although I will admit that's the reason alot of southerners fly that flag it's a dumb reason to, I kinda like the idea of a confederacy personally I think it's a better system but at the cost of dividing from the yanks I don't think it's a great solution