Why do White People Pretend to like Dave Chapelle so much

Why do White People Pretend to like Dave Chapelle so much

He's Funny but it feels like everybody tries to put him up on a pedestal

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTIZRJzpo5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do Black People Pretend to like Dave Chapelle so much

He's Funny but it feels like everybody tries to put him up on a pedestal

I liked his old stuff better. He is mopey sjw these days. Louis Ck is better.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTIZRJzpo5E

You're putting the pussy on a pedestal.

His standup is/was shit. Chapelle show was good but most of the laughs were because the characters shouted nigger, crack, swear words

Most overrated comedian ever?

He was a free way to be racist without remorse, it was a valuable asset, laughing about black people become difficult these days.

The only redeemable thing about his special was the Cosby build up.
The rest deserved a mere chuckle.

I was in college when Chapelle was on the air. Dorms gathered in the common room to watch it. Black kids down the street would randomly yell "I'm Rick James bitch!" or "holla at me, holla holla holla". Sales of Prince albums went up.
He was huge.

>why do x pretend to like y
that's some lazy shitposting, op

>He's Funny but it feels like everybody tries to put him up on a pedestal

only you can see through all of the bullshit in this world

one day I aspire to be as enlightened as you are OP

Oh, the show was huge? Thanks for letting the rest of us know. No one else here was alive in 2003. You fucking moron.

He's pretty good as a stand up comedian, Chappelle Show is mostly shit outside of a couple of bits.

I'm white and think he's obnoxious and I call him an obnoxious nigger.

It's the exact opposite.
His stand up is ok and he only has 2 specials to the best of my knowledge prior to this Netflix thing.
His show however was absolutely amazing and still kills me every time I watch it again.

I think it's less a case of Dave Chapelle being extraordinary and more a case of all other current comedians being complete garbage. Dave Chapelle's pretty decent which makes him the current king.

Sup Forums contrarianism at its okay-ness.

I definitely see the person you describe but I'm not it. I do however use him to detract from others I disagree with. He's a paranoid, muslim, mysoginist who puts out more coherent world views than all of BLM, anti-Fa, and pretty much all factions of either party, who also manages to keep himself under wraps and be funny. This makes it real easy to put down leftist arguments I'm trying not to engage with, say over a meal, smoking, or video games.

i dont like him because hes a muslim.

>i dislike a person's work because of his religious beliefs
>that he doesn't even publicly state

You are a small person. I hope you grow.

i bet you think its fine when leftists boycott someone just because of their christian beliefs but gotta protect those brown muslims.

>Implying you aren't surrounded by teenagers

>i bet you are as small as me

No, I am not.

>Why do people pretend to like comedy so much
>It's funny but it feels like everybody tries to put comedy up on a pedestal

no

>whataboutism

pathetic

i think TPAB is over rated as fuck but that doesnt mean im right

it just means i dont connect with the album even though i think its try hard shit

same thing with dave chapelle, i think hes the GOAT comedian, you think hes over rated

now fuck off

he would be funny if he didnt follow a religion that throws gays off of roofs, stones women for being raped and wraps women up so they dont entice men to rape them.

He is funny, and you pretend that he isn't, because you disagree with him on spiritual matters.
This makes you a small person. You simply don't have enough to separate a joke, or an item, or a deed, from the person responsible and his qualities.

I will have no issue buying tomatoes that were grown by a pedophilia cannibal, nor would I puke after I eat them. His qualities as a citizen don't muddy his qualities as a gardener.

David's qualities as a comedian aren't related to his spiritual views.

ok. enjoy your pedo tomatoes.

Thank you, friend. They go great with my muslim comedy.

*insert muhammad/aisha joke here*

Again you mistake me for a small person such as yourself. I easily laugh at good jokes about any saint or prophet.

Protip: I am not muslim.

His new stand up is shit.
Prime Chapelle stand up was great.

i didnt think you were a muslim. the discussion just happened upon pedos and muslim comedy so i instantly thought of muhammad and aisha.

>Y DU WITE PIPO

stopped reading

Most comedians are garbage.

Name 10 good comedienes from the 70s.

Chapelle's Show is one of the funniest shows ever, and Dave's a great standup comedian. Killing Them Softly is probably my favourite standup special, behind Norm's Me Doing Standup

I randomly selected pedophilia as something almost any person would condemn, didn't think about the connection.
At any rate, the point is that the creator disagreeing with you shouldn't prevent you from enjoying the creation.

I don't think he's very funny, but I think there's something inherently unfunny about standing on stage and telling jokes.
No good context really.

He disappeared 11 years ago at the height of his fame. While other comedians/actors continued on leaving a trail of hits and misses while chappelle is remembered for 1 show and 2 comedy DVDs

>At any rate, the point is that the creator disagreeing with you shouldn't prevent you from enjoying the creation.

ok. youve made a good point. i didnt mind daves comedy before he announced he was muslim. i just hate islam and question the intentions of anyone who follows it. i guess you can call me small one last time for good measure.

>i just hate islam and question the intentions of anyone who follows it.

Smallest man alive.

It's basically an imitation of you and your friends being at a bar and throwing your thoughts and banter around. That kinda shit is inherently funny. But i understand an autist like you wouldn't know what having friends was like.

You just let one friend do all the talking while you sit and listen?

And you have the GALL to call ME AUTISTIC?

What's wrong with questioning the intentions of people who you think have bad beliefs? That's just healthy skeptism. What was said about not hating the created because of hating something about the creator is true tho.

>Arguably the best sketch comedy in terms of quality.

>Two back to back stand ups that were instant classics.

>considered by many within the comedy scene to be the GOAT

His new ones can't be compared to his older ones. Hard to live up to them. Regardless as standalones they far surpass a lot of the shit put out by other mainstream comedians these days.

That being said, John mulaney gets my vote for best current. 2 very good specials.

>White People
What does race have to do with it?

Sup Forums detected

People love Dave because he makes Malcolm X loo- Nah, man everyone loves him because we got so little of him and then he disappeared. Had he stuck around and kept making specials, TV and movies people would probably still like him but no more than any other stand up comedians.

lol remember when he had a nervous breakdown because WHYPIPO wouldn't stop saying IM RICK JAMES BITCH (they didn't think a nigger was capable of serious social commentary) (they aren't)

When Chapelle first started his crowd was mostly white. It wasn't until the TV show that he started drawing more black crowds.

When I was a young teenager there weren't really any new sketch shows that could compete with him.
And he had two good standups I could look up after that.

Christ, grow up you fucking child.

>Right wing SJW's

You make me shit myself with laughter

Why do you pretend to care about gays or women?
We know you don't

I fell this thought process gives birth to all kinds of Alex Jones-like lunatics

>What are the intentions of Dave Chappelle?
To make funny money

It's weird he came back at all but hopefully by skipping 2004-2016 he did himself a favor and won't burn out or get stale.

What he really needs to do is start another Chappelle show on Netflix as his standup is not as good as his actual comedy acting

I'm white and I've always loved him, even these new specials. For some reason I used to watch mostly black comedians when I was younger so my humor makes no sense in the context of my upbringing, but it's definitely not pretending. I tried to watch Kevin Hart and he was just shit, and he's supposed to be the new big thing. Incidentally I didn't like Louis CK's new special at all and I used to like him a lot. He's coasting on his popularity a little too much, feels like he isn't working for it. Chappelle should have the same problem but he still knows how to work the crowd and work for those laughs.

When is the third netflix special coming out? Just finished watching the two and I want more.

Dave's standup is classic. Even without Chappelle's Show, which is also good, he was one of the best.

Kevin Hart is funny in movies but his stand up definitely does not live up to his hype.