Could Akira (the movie version) be made for less than $100 million USD?

Could Akira (the movie version) be made for less than $100 million USD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was originally made for 8 million so yeah. easily

Not as a live action film, no. Not well anyway.

just get other fools to invest the majority duh

Yeah but they should go the lord of the rings route and film 3 films back to back. The first should cover the first 3 volumes ending in the hot potatoe of the kid paychix bomb. The second about the destroyed neo Tokyo and the tribes that have been created with the heroes trying to make their way to the final battle, ending with the the moon being destroyed and the reveal of the world battleships surrounding Japan ready to nuke the fuck out of it. The third should be an epic mind fuck that ends stronger than the manga. Would be pretty tits

Whole

www.youtube.com/watch?v=77zU5JMOqUg

firstly, you'll never get CGI on the level of the GOAT animation the original has, unless you have a huge ass budget--and even then---why? it'll just be soulless and empty like scarjo GITS

secondly, the story of Akira is kinda meh desu..it was always known more for setting the bar for high quality animated movies than its story

No, but not because of actual production costs. The film will only serve to line to pockets of "above-the-line" individuals (actors, producers, director, writer). It'll have a fuckton spent on them and probably was than half as much spent on everything else.

Here's why any live action of Akira will fail.
>What's the best part about Akira?
1. Animation - That shit is all handdrawn and its amazing

Here's a better question, could a live action Akira be anything else but shit ?

These.

I want it to be tho.. loved the manga and movie. Saw it 2 days ago. Hell my cat is named Akira

they would absolutely have to hire Kanye West to play Tetsuo

youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g

Give the 100m to the japs and make it animated.

what makes the film good is not the story or the dialogue but the visuals, music and the atmosphere, all of which stoll hold up so there's not a single good reason to remake it.

The sound design in Akira was incredible. At times you couldn't tell what was the score and what were the sound effects. I think they would drop the ball on this part pretty hard.

yes, but it's going to be very cheap looking.

Dredd (2012) only cost around 40, so probably. Especially if they shoot the city environments in a cheap asian country and avoid big name actors.

Woah that's be fucking awesome

Seeing the opening scene on the cinema was fucking tremendous. Didn't really appreciate the film until then. I still think it falls apart after the first 15-20 minutes, which are amazing.

Why not just shamelessly rip it off and give it no credit? People will snap it up and call it this generations masterpiece.

I think that's already been done somehow.

yes

TIL there is people who liked Akira kys plebs.

Dragonball is godtier

Based user is based

idiot

>soulless and empty like scarjo GITS
Could you faggots watch the damn film before spewing bullshit like this?

Go watch it yourself and you will see how horrible it is. Sup Forums was right this is the most horrible flick this year

The movie is brilliant, and the score is timeless. Hearing this theme through headphones puts it on a different level.

Come now, there's no need for rudeness. Use your words

Doesn't Leonardo DiCaprio own the rights to Akira?
He respects it right? He wouldn't piss it all away in the name of the dollar right?

You do know Akira was created as a theatrical release. That makes it a movie. Stop trying to bait.

Sup Forums said it's good, and it was, leave shill

I think they would need at least 1 billion to do it properly.

What is this wh40k production?

sure it could be made but would it be good?
the answer is no.

Kanye is far too based to ever do that

This might sound out there but as long as Christopher Nolan directs it I think it would be fine.

Let Paul Verhoeven direct it with a 250 million budget

you clearly don't know shit about Kanye, he'd pay for the opportunity

Akira is too Japanese a property to be properly translated into something western.

Implying Kanye and Daft Punk won't collaborate for the revolutionary original score.

It's animated. Completely different from a live action production.