Is he the most overrated footballer of the modern era?

Is he the most overrated footballer of the modern era?

Riquelme

that's not pogBUST

That's not Zidane, who's also a fraud on a managerial level, Rooney played for the greatest club in Premier League history and possibly football history, he's behind Shearer in total Premier League goals scored, I'd say hes underrated.

idk man. He only had two 20+ goals seasons

I don't think anyone overrates Rooney, he broke every relevant record at club and national level. He could have been a lot better if he had more self control but still a world class finisher in his prime. Owen was overrated.

Ronaldo by far

for me it's scholes

pooney was absolutely world class in his prime, short-lived tho

he fell off fast and hard and for the last few seasons he's been a joke of a player

He was never the main striker though. He had one season where he was and he would've dragged United to a CL victory if Bayern hadn't killed him and Rafael and Evra hadn't been dumb as fuck

He still has a really nice touch and vision for a pass. Just doesn't have the engine for midfield or pace to play 10. He could probably sit in front of a back 4 and be decent.

He was a legit top 3 player around 2008.

yes

>He could probably sit in front of a back 4 and be decent.

Rooney as a holding midfielder is a meme. He just floats slow balls to the flanks for 90 minutes and that's it.

Nobody thinks hes good except angl*s

Rooney was fucking GOAT for a few seasons.

He just peaked too early. Too many pints, pies and slags. British athleticism.

His career up until 2014 was clinical. After Ferguson left he dropped like 5 tiers down as a player and could barely even control the ball half of the time. I think Ferguson has a special way of treating him to get the best from him whereas >moyes and Lang baal were shit at that.

Insightful post

OP here, that's not really true

>implying anyone still rates Payet

but he was quality at west ham and the years before at Marseille when consistently delivered in top 3 for Europe with assists.

Piece of shit person though.

You spelt Messi wrong

For me, it's Podolski.

I don't think you know what the word overrated means

he was really good for 5/6 seasons though

this guy voluntarily sent himself into irrelevance because he was “homesick”

>though
>would've
>if
yep, it's a Rooney thread all right. second most overrated player of all time, after Pogba

No.

He foresaw the coming of Moyes and wanted to get out before the memes hit.

Zlatan for sure

>overhyped
>had like 2 good seasons with Milan
>domestic league babby
>plays like shit in champions
>nothing but a faggot mercenary with no team loyalty.

>Muh Istanbul
>Muh blooters
>Muh one-club local lad

that's a weird way to say ronaldo

This or Bastian Schweinsteiger

this desu

What the fuck is a "domestic league babby"? Lel

Schweinsteiger was great in the WC final