Half-Blood prince stands as the definitive kino pinnacle of this series. This is irrefutable

Half-Blood prince stands as the definitive kino pinnacle of this series. This is irrefutable.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/azkaban/films/ratings/by/rating/
letterboxd.com/itskino/films/ratings/by/rating/
letterboxd.com/adjaniemwatson/films/ratings/
letterboxd.com/zbestfilms/films/ratings/by/rating/
letterboxd.com/zach_hasbrouck/films/ratings/by/rating/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 the shitty pasta

Anyone done a faceapp of Malfoy yet?

True.
Although parts of movie 7 (not 8) are also potterkino.

I love 7 and 8 but really love 7. HBP is also purekino

>"no!" harry. I AM THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE

cringe

What did he mean by that?

>cringe
Go back, it was done in the most uncringey way possible considering.

prisoner of azkaban was objectively and irrefutably the best movie in the series

Truth

It is the movie I hate the most because of time travel shenanigans

I love azkaban but stop being a pleb hbp and dh1 are brilliant and almost perfect in their own way. 5 6 7 are underrated af.

There's just as much offered in Yates' direction. Rewatch em.

There are no bad Potter films. Only those that are less good (pic unrelated).

Why does he look like Sickboy in that pic?

He's anemic.

Seriously though, where is the fem Malfoy?

Maybe I need to go back and rewatch them then, because I seem to recall each and every one of them being absolute dogshit

Then again, I am a slut for the books

>2 HP threads up
>he hasn't posted yet

did he died?

they could have done Harry's spiraling mental state better in Order desu

Whom?

I grew up with the books too but if you block them out, they really are kino. I literally put off watching them till about 3 years ago because I never thought they'd be as good. I now watch them every month or so.

>go back

Go back where? Reddit? isn't that where you Harry Potter faggots come from?

The dullest man alive

Not him but you're the reason this board is cancer stop being a bookfag and thinking about a different medium. I don't even know why anyone wouldnt have an open mindset to the originality of the film medium.

Hey man reddit are bookfags
See
This user. They are kino

i still remember the betrayal i felt when ron and hermione kissed

Half Blood Prince is the pinnacle alright, the pinnacle of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

true

This
Glad you have appreciated them desu.

you had me worried there fella

not your strongest opening though

Gods work, you're doing gods work.

Apparently Yates filmed a three hour movie.I think harry definitely shows some good progression but theres one deleted scene I know of that was just silence of harry in dumbeldores office looking at the sword and the hat at the end and it was oozing some extra good tone that the film was giving. Should have left it in. Its on youtube

Would you expect more from one of the dullest copypasters in Sup Forums history?

I see this mentioned often, can someone explain why? I'm sick of seeing this and not understanding the reasoning.

oh boy, i haven't seen that one in a while

Its called a meme. And Sup Forums is reddit.
Azkabam is easily one of the best but they are all different and there is no best. Most of them are so good and do things their own way that they are all the best versions of that point in the story.

>mix of light and dark
>kids show signs of growing up
>the most beautiful shots and cinematography, cuaronkino
>best characters introduced - lupin, sirius, buckbeak, new dumbledore
>hogsmeade
>no voldemort plot

Thanks for the elaboration, I get it now.

The latter ones have just as beautiful cinematography and the story structure for voldemort has him barely in order until the end, only in memories of hbp and barely in deathly hallows part 1

Cinematography was amazing. First really dark movie of the franchise, lots of good characters introduced, kind of a 'didn't see it coming' ending.

Only flaws I can think of from a technical standpoint was there were way to many fade to black cuts. It happens about 4 times and it's really noticeable/cheap cut

The fade to black is a good motif though. Especially since harry keeps losing concioussness

>there were way to many fade to black cuts
HARRRRRYYYYYYYY

Anyone want a certain grid?

If prisoner of azkaban is best movie then why did cuaron violate a critical law of the magical world in the very first shot?

yea

one of Hermoine's ass from every movie

More PoA and HBP

Because he was making kino. It foreshadows harry being a small light that shines bright at the end with his patronus and is a symbolism od him mastubating and being a teen. Stop thinking about the books. Also hes doing homework he can't use magic on people or things its a lumos spell you fucking umbridgey bitch

I have a grid with a butt shot.

Will do ill dump a bit

>DUDE Sup Forums IS REDDIT EVEN THOUGH I'M FROM REDDIT LMAO

What did the happa mean by this?

they're from tumblr. get your cancerous infantilized fanbase locations correct you nerd.

That's not how you spell Prisoner of Azkaban.

3rd worst film
But that's ok because it was the worst book

Rewatch em tourist

Don't call people tourist when you only started posting on Sup Forums after episode 7, tourist.

Newell and Yates have confirmed that Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows had to be edited to not recieve R ratings and their equivalents overseas

this post is wrong twice, congratulations!

3, 6, 7, 8 are quite good. 1 and 2 are pretty shit apart from a few moments, way too much cheese/unintentional comedy. 4 and 5 are alright.

pajeet threads are my favorite. Keep up the good work!

Where did all the color go after the first two films?

3rd movie was the best because Emma Watson was at the pinnacle of her hotness. You all know this.

GOAT cinematography. But the best movie is objectively PoA.

i really wanted more of those wizard battle things

End the meme now this is the color of the first two films orange and blue. This doesn't mean the first two are bad. Just stop being a niglet. Also the guy who did 2 did 4

what's the deal with these awful unoptimized meme grids

>only in memories of hbp
That's like half the movie is about

I agree but 1 2 are actually great too. Watch the extendeds also.

correct

There's only two memories used in the film bro. Probably less than 8 min total.

Samefagging. Autist.
Correct

Link?

How assblasted are you that batb was disneys only pure kino ever made.

All are kino, it's true.

>slut for the books
N E W Z E A L A N D?

1 = 2 > 3 > 4 > 6 > 5 > 7 > 8

First two were the best ones with warm and happy and mysterious Hogwarts. Interesting mysteries and plot twists, cheerful and creepy moments. Magic felt real and actually special unlike the later series where those wands were used like machineguns.

Three was great too, the final part was filler though. Great plottwist, great atmosphere from the previous films. Overall a great film.

Four was different, interesting plottwist, kept in touch with the earlier series' atmosphere being significantly darker yet really fun. Everything revolved around the tournament and this eerie feeling of something being off and shady politicians getting involved. It was quite well done.

Sixth was decent, it was dark and had a nice side-story, something in the style of a dark British murder mystery. The main story however was one huge fanfiction shipping fest, characters getting forced into non-sensical relationships that sparked out of nowhere.

Fifth was purely filler, not much else to say; it added absolutely nothing to the series

Seventh and eighth were the worst, like a WWII Holocaust fantasy story reminiscent of a Twilight-esque blockbuster. You wouldn't even know you were watching Harry Potter if it weren't for the names of the characters.

End of story

letterboxd.com/azkaban/films/ratings/by/rating/
letterboxd.com/itskino/films/ratings/by/rating/
letterboxd.com/adjaniemwatson/films/ratings/
letterboxd.com/zbestfilms/films/ratings/by/rating/
letterboxd.com/zach_hasbrouck/films/ratings/by/rating/
all belong to OP

Objectively Dh2 is the best it literally got better reviews than return if the king and fellowship of the ring. We aren't being objective though bc there is none.

Shit bookfag taste and pasta. All of them are good or great the entire point is the tone change

6>7>3>2>8>the rest