You're not brave, men are brave

>You're not brave, men are brave
is this dialogue really necessary? it's like they're overwhelmed with ideas but not executed very well

Bit sexist

It means that bravery is not a concept a creature like superman can really get to grasp because it comes from fear which comes from vulnerability. It presents the point of a hero being a person who overcomes his weaknesses to achieve glory, and that's a definition superman wouldn't fit because he never had any weaknesses to begin with so he didn't overcome shit, unlike batman

Pay attention in your next rewatch kid, these things aren't complicated

This. But how can you expect mouthbreathers to understand such a simple thing.

How did he know his dad was living on that mountain?

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck

where did batman think superman came from? lala-land?

it's a great idea, just like the Martha subplot; but in true Snyder fashion, he didn't present the material that well. Or maybe he did, and everyone just wants to hate Snyder by virtue of being Marvel shills.

A major part of the conflict between Superman and Batman wasn't just Superman being powerful and unaccountable; Batman explicitly didn't think Superman to be remotely human. This is why he says "you're not brave, men are brave". he doesn't look at Superman as if he was a man, he looks at him like a being capable of evil, or at the very least like an alien that cannot sympathize with this world.

This is why the "Martha" plot point should be stronger than it actually is: because this is the moment when Batman realizes that Superman DOES have some semblance of humanity if he has human parents, one of which resembles the name of Bruce Wayne's deceased mother. Batman, reasonably so, would have been briefly caught off guard.

The dialogue is also cut. In one of the teasers or trailers the line is longer.

>he doesn't look at Superman as if he was a man, he looks at him like a being capable of evil

You do know he knows lex is both human and evil, right? Just give it up. We all saw what snyder was getting at we all took 4 years of english in high school. It's just most of us could pick apart the inconsistencies and kept rolling our eyes at the blatant sybolism and pointless dream sequences hitting us over the head with shit that was already said or aluded to.

>You do know he knows lex is both human and evil, right?

That has nothing to do with Batman's fear that Superman is a potentially evil super being. Please try harder, newfriend.

>writes a paragraph to explain what the sentence already explains.

like another user said, it may have been cut, think i seen the below line in a teaser

youre not brave, you were never even a man. Men are brave.

>It means that bravery is not a concept a creature like superman can really get to grasp because it comes from fear which comes from vulnerability.

Zod was capable of killing Superman and had the full intention of doing it. As they are both on the same level, it's basically a expert Navy Seal trying to kill some dumbass farmer kid who has never thrown a punch in his life.

How is that not bravery on Superman's part?

Lex is also powerless compared to Superman. According to Batman and the US foreign policy in the 2000sSuperman needs to be killed because of his powers, the mere possibility of him being evil is a risk impossible to assume because the potential damage would be bigger than in the case of a mumbling Zuckerberg being evil.

>It's just most of us could pick apart the inconsistencies and kept rolling our eyes at the blatant sybolism and pointless dream sequences hitting us over the head with shit that was already said or aluded to.
And yet here you are, embarrassing yourself

>youre not brave, you were never even a man. Men are brave.
Superman should've retorted with like:

>fucking cunt. did you know I was almost smashed into atoms by a terraforming machine that was slamming the earth with a gravity pulse that makes the hiroshima atom bomb look like a fire cracker in an attempt to save this fucking planet? what braver thing have you done, besides walking around dressed like a bat? sooooo embarrassing.

It is bravery.

Batman is full of shit in the movie, 100% wrong about everything, which is the point.

Tell that to Zod's snap neck.

>another batman v superman thread

The line is amazing. The movie is shit though.

Stanley Kubrick went from the beginning of civilization to the birth of a new species in just over two hours and yet it takes an hour and a half for Snyder to just start moving the story forward as he juggles to try and establish a future cinematic universe, a climactic battle that never really makes any sense and then it moves into the final act which makes no sense, is all to do with sheer scale of spectacle and has all the disappointment of having spent that long getting to that conflict

>I did. you can go ask him.. in the afterlife.
>*Superman snaps Batman's neck*
>say hi to Martha for me, Mr. Wayne.

Well, it seems marveltards need this kind of exposition or else the movie doesnt make sense

Sure, sure, amazing feat, but you dont see Superman having fear at all. He is not brave, he is just too powerful and knew he could destroy the world engine or at least had a nice chance of doing it.

He is never scared of Zod or the World Engine

>this character cannot have a wrong opinion

>all characters must be informed about everything the audience knows at all times

>there cannot be any bias or lie in the words of characters because that would complicate the movie for me to follow

I bet you also believe Lex Luthor every word and then complain his plan doesnt make sense

Why did Superman need Batman's help to rescue Martha? Why didn't he just fly over there and rescue her - is it because he's shit?

He's obviously trying to dehumanize him to make killing him easier.
God damn, stop being such a pleb

Because the kryptonian ship was doing crazy stuff and it was about to blow up the city, if you can't follow Snyder flicks you should literally consider killing yourself my man

Then who saves the city from Luthor/Zod ship?

Did you even watch the movie? He trusts Batman to save his mother because the job looks easy enough, while he and WW go to deal the real punches.

We are scrapping the bottom of the barrel, arent we? Whats next? You didnt like the cup of coffee Perry White was drinking? He had another cup on the first movie?

No, after 5 hours and batman and superman finally started their fight superman was all "Bruce pls bb I need you, stay down bruce if I wanted you ded"

Why did he waste time fighting Batman, why didn't he totally ignore the cunt and do his super sonic speedy fly to rescue Martha

Because he didnt know where were they. Really, m8, kill yourself if you cant follow an action blockbuster.

>He's literally Jesus Christ with his super sonic hearing and flying but this time he can't find her
>luckily Alfreds here and he was listening in the whole time and he's done some backtracking NCIS shit and he managed to do what superman can't

also he literally says
>my mother needs me
and batman stops him - what was supermans plan if he didn't know where she was

Superman didn't know where she was kept, script had him trying to find her on the rooftop that was cut, also why she was gagged. Batman still had the Russian's cloned phone.

are you actually trying to cite Kermode as a good critic?

>Supes can hear Lois' voice from across the planet
>Supes can't hear Martha's gagged voice from a distance of three miles

>implying superman didn't know lois was in africa and knew exactly where to look
>when THEY LIVE AND WORK TOGETHER
Are shills getting dumber or what?

n-no he he, er I mean he - just l-learn to follow blockbusters or k-kill yourself user

that's one of the difficult things about writing a movie about Superman. he is so powerful that no matter what the villain does, he probably could've thwarted the villain if he used the full extent of his powers.
The How it Should Have Ended video for the first Superman movie (Christopher Reeves), points out that that movie has the same flaw.

>Superman didn't know where she was kept, >she was gagged
Doesn't matter. He is fast enough to fly to Mexico in less than a minute and has x-ray/super vision. He could've easily found her if he looked for her rather than fighting Batman.

>if you shit on a film you're a shill now

kek what a lovely world you must live in where nobody disagrees with your opinion, and inb4 MARVELKEK XD those films are equally shit. Stop watching kiddy films, you're a big boy now user

>Ripping dialogue off from Angus
Bravo snyder.

Then why would he allow things to go as far as they did? Lois was in genuine danger. If Superman had known exactly where she was, he would have been hovering somewhere nearby preemptively and ended the conflict instantly even before things went to shit.

no, it was an entirely manufactured quote to try and bait some (you)s, unfortunately I only snagged one and it's some namefag retard

this.
how dared he assume his gender?

>Superman didn't know where she was kept
Shame he doesn't have super speed, super hearing, and x ray vision, and never shows up out of nowhere when he hears lois scream once in the whole movie.
At least put her in a lead lined bunker asshole.

He can't teleport, he got there as soon as he could. The place was being overwatched with drones so probably didn't want to be spotted by the military by getting too close

Well your point was really stupid so I assumed you were a shill instead of just dumb. Sorry man, meant no offense

I was really hoping that Bane and CIA would show up in this movie ....

Which is inherently retarded because he still has a lot to lose, like his loved ones.
Also he isn't invulnerable in these movies as evidenced by the fact that you can depower him with something as simple as kryptonian air.

>my point was really stupid

but the only post I've made in this thread is literally the one you just responded to. If anything your claim that critiscm makes you a shill suggests that you calling anyone dumb is beyond ironic. No offence.

>overwatched

>Which is inherently retarded because he still has a lot to lose, like his loved ones.
Like his mother, right? Congratulations, you finally got BvS.

>people talking about this 3 hour long drivel which exists for the sole purpose of setting up a cinematic universe and ends in an hour of CGI caped men hitting each other and then a monster as if it's some deep philosphical masterpiece

jesus christ, it's just fucking capeshit, it's disposable nothing, not Tarkovsky

It's excellent dialogue.

Yikes lmao

>they're overwhelmed with ideas but not executed very well
The entirety of BvS in a nutshell

>only have a commercial interest in the medium

welcome to Turkish Airlines™ - Zack Snyder

some "auteur"

>men are brave
>wasn't inspired by tons of rescuers, firefighters, cops, doctors and other people who saving lives everyday risking by theirs
>was inspired by unnecessary suicide of an alien
Batman are fucking retard and hypocrite.
Who's fault it that? Snyder or Goyer? Or both?

Snyder's not a particularly bright man.

He gets some cool visuals though.

>Which is inherently retarded because he still has a lot to lose, like his loved ones.

That's what the Martha scene is about you dum dum.

>I bet you also believe Lex Luthor every word and then complain his plan doesnt make sense
Wait, wait, are you telling me that Lex wasn't honest then he treated to kill Sup's mother?